Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have notice weird white marks on black plastic trim? I have tried everything to get rid of them. Anyone else noticed?

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
I have notice weird white marks on black plastic trim? I have tried everything to get rid of them. Anyone else noticed?
I noticed a few of those also after I picked up some bagged paver base from Lowes. The color of the scratches almost look blueish. Have not tried any cleaner to take them off other than spit shine.:grin:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you mean ! as I have a couples too from start and just lived with it...like a stain that won't come off... like bleach spots on clothes...:|:surprise:

will try for pics at another time !

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
You did not mention the model year. Taking the 2017 into consideration, there a 3 different types of composite materials. The years model before 2017 were very easy to scuff. Sometime around 2012 or so they changed the composite material slightly but still scuffs. I have had 06, 08, and 13, they all will scuff and leave white marks. Just sliding a cardboard box on the surface will leave white scuff marks. I always wash the bed with soap and water when cleaning up the truck. After the bed drys, I wipe it down with Armourall. Works for me, looks like new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

My week old G2 has this weird blotchiness in the bed. I know it's a composite material, but I haven't found anything to even out the tone. Some parts are dark and some are lighter. It's like something may have spilled back there. I've tried various cleaners and Armor All. Just tried scrubbing with bristle brush, dishwashing soap and water. Have to wait until it dries to see if it worked.

Next stop, dealer. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
149 Posts
Defective. Take it to the dealer for replacement under warranty. Messing around with various cleaners etc. might give them an excuse to void the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
The detail shop at the dealer used some super strength Armor All type product. Spent an hour on it, and it looks perfect now.
Please, check back in around springtime and let us know how it looks then. Hopefully it will be perfect.

Reactions: Shineaholic

·
Registered
544 Posts
The detail shop at the dealer used some super strength Armor All type product. Spent an hour on it, and it looks perfect now.
Hmmmm...doesn't everything look new when you apply armor all on it, but then after a while it wears off and goes back to how it looked. They really show replace the panels if it's obvious.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't mind if I need to maintain it from time to time. I'd prefer that to ripping off the panels to replace them. Plus, it is a truck after all. I just wanted it to look good as it's new. Just installed side steps today too. Easy peasy!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Glad they were able to get the bed an even color... I started hauling things within a week of picking up my truck. I would not know if mine was discolored, as it's covered in all kinds of muck and has foot prints over the rails.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Spec at dealer has raindrop look all over both sidewall trunk panels... normal?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts