Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
241 Posts
We are very pleased to be a part of this community! I look forward to becoming an active, helpful member of this forum and getting to know all of you better.

I appreciate all of your support for Diode Dynamics, and I am excited to show you the products we carry for the Ridgeline. (We have unique off-road lighting coming soon!)

Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any lighting related questions. Whether you are inquiring about our products or just want to learn more about lighting in general, we are here to help.

Click here to learn more about automotive lighting: http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research.html

Be sure to follow us on social media for sales and product updates!
Instagram: @diodedynamics
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DiodeDynamics

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
12,784 Posts
Awesome! Another source for aftermarket lighting intended for showroom/off-road use only that is not DOT-approved, but will undoubtedly end up on vehicles that are used on public roads thereby blinding responsible drivers. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just upgraded my 2019 RTL-E with LED high beams from Diode Dynamics. The increase in light output is great. I may need to look at what you have to offer for the fog lights as well.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Awesome! Another source for aftermarket lighting intended for showroom/off-road use only that is not DOT-approved, but will undoubtedly end up on vehicles that are used on public roads thereby blinding responsible drivers. :)
You are a funny guy.

Their SL1 LED bulbs intended for a drop in headlight upgrade mentions nothing about 'offroad' and do carry the H11 bulb in their selection. So yes, I am sure it will find its way into a G2.

From what I have read, their customer service is pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
12,784 Posts
I like what I read about DD and the SL1 LED headlights. I'm still not fond of active cooling fans, but I might be willing to try a pair of the high beams for my 2019 Ridgeline.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a set in my 2011 Pilot on low beams. The only time I would notice the fans was when I parked and shut the engine off. Other than that, I did not notice them over the engine noise. The high beam replacements I put in my RTL-E last weekend are much quieter.

·
Super Moderator
12,784 Posts
Just upgraded my 2019 RTL-E with LED high beams from Diode Dynamics. The increase in light output is great. I may need to look at what you have to offer for the fog lights as well.
Pray tell how you got them to fit? I ordered a set of @Diode Dynamics SL1 9005 LED's last week and they won't go down into the sockets far enough to be able to turn and lock into place. I tried removing the red O-ring and rotating the lamps, but there's just no way they'll go down far enough into the sockets. There's a small tab that sticks out from the back of the gray sockets that is in the way, but even with that removed, the base of the lamp bottoms out against the socket before the flange can go in far enough to turn. The distance between the flange and connector base of the factory Sylvania HB3 bulb is larger allowing them to push down another 1/16" so they can turn and lock into place.

@Diode Dynamics apologized and offered the suggestions that I'd already tried along with a refund (of course). That's nice, but I really expected and wanted these to work.

·
Super Moderator
12,784 Posts
It's been a week since @Diode Dynamics received my SL1 LED headlights for return and I still haven't received a refund.

They're also still showing up as compatible on their website even though they're not.

In that time, I ordered, received, and installed the @XenonDepot Xtreme 9005 LED headlights.

I found @Diode Dynamics to be courteous over the phone and it doesn't take long to reach someone, but they are very slow to respond to emails and process RMA's and issue refunds.

·
Super Moderator
6,855 Posts
It's been a week since Diode Dynamics received my SL1 LED headlights for return and I still haven't received a refund.

They're also still showing up as compatible on their website even though they're not.

In that time, I ordered, received, and installed the Xenon Depot Xtreme 9005 LED headlights.

I found @Diode Dynamics to be courteous over the phone and it doesn't take long to reach someone, but they are very slow to respond to emails and process RMA's and issue refunds.
That's Disappointing, but thanks for the followup.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
It's been a week since @Diode Dynamics received my SL1 LED headlights for return and I still haven't received a refund..................................................

.................... I found @Diode Dynamics to be courteous over the phone and it doesn't take long to reach someone, but they are very slow to respond to emails and process RMA's and issue refunds.
Similar to Home Depot's flooring installation department and TRS (The Retrofit Source). Great on the phone, but the delay in response is very painful and aggravating.

Also, I have not seen Diode Dynamics being as active as Xenon Depot on ROC.

·
Super Moderator
12,784 Posts
Similar to Home Depot's flooring installation department and TRS (The Retrofit Source). Great on the phone, but the delay in response is very painful and aggravating.

Also, I have not seen Diode Dynamics being as active as Xenon Depot on ROC.
My brother had flooring installed by Home Depot a couple of years ago. The contractor haphazardly cut and ripped out his half of his carpet, found a hairline shrinkage crack in the foundation that had been there most likely since the house was built, refused to install the adhesive vinyl, and drove off. He selected a different type of flooring, but it still took months from the date he made the purchase to the time he finally had flooring installed.

DD and XD both have about the same number of posts. DD hasn't logged on in two months. XD hasn't logged on in four months. If I were a vendor, I'd take a few minutes to log on daily. :confused: EDIT: I just noticed XD is not currently a vendor member, so they're not permitted to advertise their products.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
My brother had flooring installed by Home Depot a couple of years ago. The contractor haphazardly cut and ripped out his half of his carpet, found a hairline shrinkage crack in the foundation that had been there most likely since the house was built, refused to install the adhesive vinyl, and drove off. He selected a different type of flooring, but it still took months from the date he made the purchase to the time he finally had flooring installed.

DD and XD both have about the same number of posts. DD hasn't logged on in two months. XD hasn't logged on in four months. If I were a vendor, I'd take a few minutes to log on daily. :confused: EDIT: I just noticed XD is not currently a vendor member, so they're not permitted to advertise their products.
It is a shame that XD is not a vendor here on ROC. I hope they come back and be as active as DTD. I think the one thread of XD HID units being at fault with a member and the ramble that followed it, is what I remember very vividly. At least they made an attempt to respond on the forum.

Talking about Home Depot. It took me 2 months to find the flaw in the vinyl flooring installed in my house and 6 weeks to get it resolved. I essentially fought to get the payment refunded. The service is good, but the communication and promptness of it is horrible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts