Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
TaterHawk62 don't let the "2G Problems, Fixes & TSBS" section scare you off if the Ridgeline feels like the best fit for your needs. Keep in mind that there are thousands and thousands of happy campers for every person who has a problem and vents a little on the forum.

IMHO every auto manufacturer, including Honda, is engineering/building new vehicles with pretty thin margins in terms of quality. Nobody 'over engineers' or 'over builds' components like in the past, every part is calculated to get the job done and nothing more. Any imperfection in manufacturing or construction puts that component over the line into the failure zone. Combine that with the tremendous complexity of modern vehicles and it's not unusual for any vehicle to have a problem crop up. It happens, no way to prevent it.

My wife and I have owned 1 Nissan (2000 Maxima), 1 Volvo (2006 V70) 3 Toyotas (1977 Celica, 1980 Corolla, 1983 Camry), 2 Audis (1997 A4, 2006 A4), and 5 Hondas (1990 Accord, 1993 Accord, 2012 Ridgeline, 2016 Accord, 2018 Ridgeline). The Nissan was the worst by a long shot, three oxygen sensors replaced out of warranty and the stereo was removed and sent to Clarion for repair four times before I replaced it with an aftermarket unit. Had a few minor issues with all the others over the years, nothing major just typical stuff. The Hondas have been the most trouble free by a wide margin. The Hondas have also had the highest trade in value, by a wide margin.

I'd suggest driving a Ridgeline if it 'feels' right and you are happy with the deal, buy it. If you have any concerns about problems after the 3/36 warranty, consider an extended warranty. There's a couple of Honda dealerships that sell extended 'Honda' warranties on-line for a lot less than what the dealership will offer you.

Best of luck with whatever vehicle you choose.
Can you provide links or names of the folks that sell the Honda warranties at or near their cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can you provide links or names of the folks that sell the Honda warranties at or near their cost? Thanks.
If you haven't purchased yet and you go with a Honda, keep in mind you can just get a quote from one of those places Roger linked to, then just bring that with you at time of purchase. Make it clear --- "this is what I can get this for, you can either sell it to me for that, or I'll just purchase it after". They cant punish you for buying that, and any negotiations on that happen long after the initial deal has been shook on.

I meant to go back and cancel my orig purchase and re-do with an online vendor but ran outta time and didn't feel like jumping through all the hoops.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts