Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I bought my new RidgelineRTL/SR 3 weeks ago, ( I got 400 miles on it now)
I was very happy with my 03' CRV, but when I saw this new truck, I had to get it.

I spent some time reading what you all have posted, and most of you seem just as happy as I do.

The search that got me is because,

I have just started hearing this low "drumming" noise when I turn the wheel at low speeds, it seems to come from the passenger wheelwell area, So
I took it back to the dealer..
The sound went away when I got there, ( murpheys law).
But with 400 miles on it, I feel I shouldn't hear anything..

It is intermittant but definitely there on occasion... I sounded like a lubrication issue, but the tech didnt hear the sound, so no fix..

Should worry about it?

I will keep reading the posts here on the forum, and it was nice to learn a few new things about my new truck without reading the manual front to back..
( ie: The window rollup /remote control trick..)

Thanks for being here guys and I look forward to some interesting reading here in the future..

:)

G

·
VinnyFromBrooklyn said:
Hi all,
I bought my new RidgelineRTL/SR 3 weeks ago, ( I got 400 miles on it now)
I was very happy with my 03' CRV, but when I saw this new truck, I had to get it.

I spent some time reading what you all have posted, and most of you seem just as happy as I do.

The search that got me is because,

I have just started hearing this low "drumming" noise when I turn the wheel at low speeds, it seems to come from the passenger wheelwell area, So
I took it back to the dealer..
The sound went away when I got there, ( murpheys law).
But with 400 miles on it, I feel I shouldn't hear anything..

It is intermittant but definitely there on occasion... I sounded like a lubrication issue, but the tech didnt hear the sound, so no fix..

Should worry about it?

I will keep reading the posts here on the forum, and it was nice to learn a few new things about my new truck without reading the manual front to back..
( ie: The window rollup /remote control trick..)

Thanks for being here guys and I look forward to some interesting reading here in the future..

:)
Welcome to the ROC family Vinny..we're glad you're here.
I agree..no need for a manual when you have the ROC.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!!
Keep coming back. Everyday is a new day here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey Vinny, welcome!

Sounds like you might be having the front shock issue that some other people have had... I'll do a bit of digging on the site and see if I find the relevant thread...

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had that noise Vinny.
They replaced the right front strut assembly.
My noise I could duplicate on demand and then I demanded that they fix it.:D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I see someone already mentioned the strut... here's a thread that points to more on the story:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3023&highlight=strut

Hope this helps!

(Some people have found it useful to print out threads from the forum and take it to the dealer, so you can say, see, other people have the same problem! The car is new to everyone, including the mechanics and service reps, so keep that in mind! Enjoy the ride!!)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get your drumming to go away.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the boards. Be persistent with your dealer. The advice about printing out threads is good advice. Le the dealer know that you are not isolated in your complaints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BKLYNBOY11 said:
Hey Vinny, guess where I'm from originally?
BROOKLYN ???
:D

·
Registered
383 Posts
My bet is that it is the strut. Had mine replaced because the top part would stick and then let loose and spin a 1/4 turn making the noise. It was also intermittent. Strut was replaced (make sure they do a front end alignment) and all has been well since (about 5,000km).

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts