Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm no longer a wannabe! :p Should I now change my name or is that possible?

Bought a Steel Blue RTS late Friday afternoon, after much negotiating via internet and phone. I actually communicated with dealers from five different states. Some people might find that too exhausting, but for me it was challenging and fun. Wouldn't you know it? Spent most of the week at it, but eventually found my best deal from one of three local Honda dealers here in Louisville. They are loaded with Ridgelines and are really moving them. They keep about 20 on their lot at any given time. I had been scoping them out for weeks, since I work only a mile away.

We came to terms Thursday evening, at the invoice price of $27,571, plus TTL. OTD price was $29,656.

Since they didn't have the color I wanted on their lot, they had to perform an exchange with a dealership in Indianapolis. This meant it wouldn't be available to take delivery by me, till around 3:00 in the afternoon the next day. Needless to say, I spent all of Friday morning thinking about nothing but the truck. Couldn't even eat.

The Vin # is 527983, so hopefully I wont incurr some of the leak and noise problems I have read about on the forum.

They were really professional and great to work with. I went through the "Ridgeline Owners Club Buying Check List" with a guy that was more like a coach in preparing me to take delivery of the vehicle. He was great, and very patient. Never balked about doing the test drive to check for noise or anything. In fact he pointed out some routes where the road was unlevel and sort of rough, just to give it a little test and make sure I was satisfied. Great purchasing experience.

I declined the extended warranty, mainly because I knew from this forum, about how Honda will be extending their warranty on 2006 models, and my "Coach" verified it to be true.

Now about the truck. I LOVE IT :) When I'm not in it, I'm thinking about how fast I can get to it, so I can drive it again. Am I nuts?

I plan to accessorize it myself. In fact, earlier today, I ordered the bed extender from College Hills Honda. http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ridgeline/06_exterior.htm

Next Friday, my wife and I, with another couple, will be leaving Louisville on our trek through the Worlds Largest Yard Sale on HWY 127. Can't wait :) .

http://www.127sale.com/
http://www.tourdekalb.com/yardsale.htm

I will end by saying that I want to express a sincere Thank You to all of you that have contributed messages to this forum. This forum has guided me through this process, and I apprieciate it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Congratulations !!!

I think we should talk about setting you up as a professional negotiator.

:D

L

·
0 Posts
Congratulations and welcome no longer a wannabe!
Enjoy the ride and welcome to the ROC family.
Nice job with the dealer and let them know from me that they are appreciated and I will most definately be stopping by if I need to when I visit Todd's parents in Cinci!!
Glad you're here!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
ridgelinewannabe said:
Now about the truck. I LOVE IT :) When I'm not in it, I'm thinking about how fast I can get to it, so I can drive it again. Am I nuts?
No, that is perfectly normal. I still am trying to find excuses to drive mine even after 3 months of ownership. :D
If we are nuts then I LOVE BEING NUTS!!

L

·
0 Posts
dsowell said:
No, that is perfectly normal. I still am trying to find excuses to drive mine even after 3 months of ownership. :D
If we are nuts then I LOVE BEING NUTS!!
I'm with you dsowell!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Congrats. Think of a good name and let our administrator know. It should be no problem to change your name.

Enjoy your ride. We had our three month anniversary yesterday and we still love every errand we run and the long trips we get to make.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congratulations on the truck! It is awesome and I'm like you. I've had my truck for over a month now and love it jsut as much as the day I got it.

Did you say blue? :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congratulations!

We also just bought our RTS (Blue) this week, and thanks to ROC and thier members, we learned a lot and used this information to our advantage when making the deal and using the ROC checklist.

The next couple of days we took a long trip to look at Colleges for my son, and recieved looks from everyone in the sea of Chevy's, Ford's, Dodge's, Toyota's, and some Nissan's!!! Even gas station empleyees asked what type of truck is that and immediately responded "Awesome".

The ride and handling is great, and the RL is very roomy on long trips, especially when you have tall kids. We are extremely happy with our RTS, and being an ROC member.

Now that it is official, I too would like to change our name; from mnmpa to mnmridge! I hope this is possible.

Many thanks to everyone for sharing thier experiences, ideas, and suggestions.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
ridgelinewanabe, Welcome to the greatest RL forum on the web! I too had utilized the "Ridgeline Owners Club Buying Check List" when we picked up our black RTS. Thanks to vertrkr for that! One of the neatest things about the truck for us is "finding" all the cool little details of the truck weeks after pouring over the manual. Hopefully we lucked out having bought with a higher vin#. Mine's 521293, so cross our fingers, we have not found any water leaks, creaky steering wheel, Wind noise from windshield, Clunking noise from turning lock to lock, Power steering and or oil leaks or the Wind-Whistling rear window. Our's has so far been perfect in every way. Drive her in good health! :D :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Congrats, wannabe. Nice choice of color. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Hi, Ridgelinewannabe, you can change your name anytime as long as there is no duplication, I think. Change it to Ridgelinewasawannabe. Add my welcome to everyone's. Just a note to every one planning to buy accessories. Try your dealers parts dept first...you might find the deals are matching all the online stores!! The savings on the shipping is well worth. Just found this out today. :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
M&M's are made by Mars, Incorporated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Ultra-Hog,

Glad to be an ROC member! It's also a coincidence that you mentioned State College, since we just visited Penn State the day after we picked up our new RTS last week!! I'm sorry we missed the opportunity to meet. As for M&M's and Hershey, well our family loves both but that's not why we chose the name, but I'll save that for another time.

We live 4 hours away in southeastern PA, and so on the way home, we stopped in Hershey to tour the factory (LOL) and then drove to Lancastor, before heading back home. Our new RL is fantastic. I have not been so impressed with a vehicle such as this, for a very long time.

I will check out the other threads as you suggested.

Have a good one,

Mike (mnmpa)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts