Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL
213 Posts
I just got my truck back after FORTY EIGHT DAYS at the dealer. The carpet they replaced is still torn, but now sewn rather than replaced, so it will go back for new carpet once that comes in. We will see how it holds up to the rain, zero confidence it is fixed, no notes or pictures provided on what was done, not assurance it is fixed, merely that is is "back from the body shop." Fed up.
Point it downhill and try to get it to leak by flooding the bed and rear window area. Keep sticking it to Honda and making it expensive for them. I know it's a pain, but we have to be persistent.

·
Administrator
20,686 Posts
Check the lemon laws in your state. In MI its 30 days away for repairs or 4 visits for the same issue.
It sounds easy, but there's "a procedure"... :)

Of particular interest is the part that reads, "If a manufacturer has established or participates in an informal dispute settlement procedure, the Lemon Law does not apply to any consumer who has not first resorted to such procedure..." Honda participates in the National Center for Dispute Settlement.

Also, "...less a reasonable allowance for your use of the vehicle and an amount equal to any appraised damage that is not attributable to normal use or to the defect or condition."

In short, it could take months to go through the process and even then you might not get any more than if you sold or traded the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 RTL-E
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
It sounds easy, but there's "a procedure"... :)

Of particular interest is the part that reads, "If a manufacturer has established or participates in an informal dispute settlement procedure, the Lemon Law does not apply to any consumer who has not first resorted to such procedure..." Honda participates in the National Center for Dispute Settlement.

Also, "...less a reasonable allowance for your use of the vehicle and an amount equal to any appraised damage that is not attributable to normal use or to the defect or condition."

In short, it could take months to go through the process and even then you might not get any more than if you sold or traded the vehicle.
Never said it was easy, just offered the option for the other poster to consider. If my truck is in service for more than 30 days I'd be speaking with a lawyer about my options. I'm certainly not there yet and hope I won't be.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,591 Posts
It does seem like an easy process to get done correctly. If only the folks in Alabama could be motivated to do their job with a level of consistency and dedication as expected for a $40k vehicle ! ! !
Despite the hit or miss quality of “made in Alabama”, Ridgelines leaked when they were made in Canada too. We had a 2007 leaker that wasn’t sealed properly on the driver’s side A pillar. Honda knows, and has known for far too long. Why they don’t address this issue is beyond me.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS in Deep Scarlet Red
278 Posts
Despite the hit or miss quality of “made in Alabama”, Ridgelines leaked when they were made in Canada too. We had a 2007 leaker that wasn’t sealed properly on the driver’s side A pillar. Honda knows, and has known for far too long. Why they don’t address this issue is beyond me.
One of the strange conversations with the Honda dealer tech that fixed my RL is he's found and repaired body leaks across several vehicle makes & models where he has worked. The reference was in the context that somehow manufactures regard leakage as acceptable/normal to a certain extent, just that some vehicles become problematic. It's in the same context as when I complained about odometer error on a past Nissan, they responded that 5% error is considered an industry acceptable standard. Certainly suggested that shades of grey are common with these complaints.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Yeah, on the RAV4 forum, there are plenty of threads about stained headliners due to water leaking from the roof rails. From what I read, Toyota didn't help those with the issue but they did start to use a different clip that had a more robust gasket.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got my truck back after FORTY EIGHT DAYS at the dealer. The carpet they replaced is still torn, but now sewn rather than replaced, so it will go back for new carpet once that comes in. We will see how it holds up to the rain, zero confidence it is fixed, no notes or pictures provided on what was done, not assurance it is fixed, merely that is is "back from the body shop." Fed up.
Update: not only is the truck not repaired, it is leaking WORSE than before. The padding under the carpet is absolutely drenched after it rains. 48 days in the shop, and and after one day I had to arrange to drop it off again. Nothing from Honda. Miserable experience.

·
Administrator
20,686 Posts
Yeah - that's what happened with my 2019. The back window was leaking on the driver's side when I took it in. After it was "fixed", it was still leaking not only on the driver's side, but also on the passenger's side and in the middle. It's leaking for someone else now. :)

·
Premium Member
2018 RTL-T
444 Posts
Yeah - that's what happened with my 2019. The back window was leaking on the driver's side when I took it in. After it was "fixed", it was still leaking not only on the driver's side, but also on the passenger's side and in the middle. It's leaking for someone else now. :)
And they’re probably on here posting about their Ridgeline leaking like a sieve!😁

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,149 Posts
And they’re probably on here posting about their Ridgeline leaking like a sieve!😁
Honda should have sent that RL to the crusher.

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline RTL-E in Radiant Red Metallic II
41 Posts
So it's been a couple of weeks since I got my truck back. I had the rear carpets propped up to dry until this weekend, and I looked for any new water during that time (we've had some good rain here in the PNW). I am happy to say that it appears the leak has been fixed, so in my case it apparently was a bad rear window seal. Thanks to everyone on this forum for making me aware of this issue, otherwise I may never have found it.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
85 Posts
All these posts about water leaks is making me paranoid! I have a 2022 RTL-E, OEM tonneau cover. Build date 10/21 (brand freaking new essentially). Not sure what I can do except keep an eye on it and maybe avoid any forward leaning parking. Considering preemptive open communication with the dealer here, maybe they can pre- or re-seal the known spots?
Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Trunk

This link was very helpful…

61 - 79 of 79 Posts