Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ridgeline has now seen its first snowfall, so far it handles great. Only problem I've found is the wipers ain't very strong if to big of a clump of snow falls on the winshield I gotta pull over and brush out the wipers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Do you get much ice? I would love to know if anyone has dealt with any yet.

We usually get at least one real bad ice storm a year here. Plus our roads are prone to blackice.

I'm sure the RL will handle the snow fine but ice is a whole different creature.

It will be an interesting couple of months on the ROC as we all post our Winter driving experiences.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the intersections are very icy right now but I think thats more of an issue with your driving ability then the actual truck. Regardless I had no problem stopping this morning at any intersection

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good to know thanks.

I bet all of the extra weight from the snow in the bed helped a bit.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
How about a report on the way the Ridgeline handled in the snow. Most of us have yet to experience driving in the snow yet. I can't wait to try it.

Oh, and about leaving that cake of snow on the roof...:eek: You're busted!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
hijack204 said:
My Ridgeline has now seen its first snowfall, so far it handles great. Only problem I've found is the wipers ain't very strong if to big of a clump of snow falls on the winshield I gotta pull over and brush out the wipers
Thanks for the pics, made me thankful my wife talked me into opting for the OEM T cover:)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great pictures. I am very interested to hear about how the Ridgeline handles in snow. I live in the mountains where we get lots of snow and my job requires that I be able to get there at any time of day or night regardless of road conditions. Main reason I picked the Ridgeline was for the safety and reliablity of Honda but also for the ability to get to work no matter what the roads look like. Please keep us updated on how it does in the snow. We are predicted to get some in the next week or so.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ultra-HOG said:
How about a report on the way the Ridgeline handled in the snow. Most of us have yet to experience driving in the snow yet. I can't wait to try it.

Oh, and about leaving that cake of snow on the roof...:eek: You're busted!
Ya I need a longer brush for sure :D hard to get all the snow off that roof, was gonna climb in the box but it had already been filled with snow. As for handling I had no problems making my own lanes this morning when I dropped the GF off at work. I passed many stuck cars and trucks this morning with only one worry, that someone would hit my new baby.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I knew it. The BLUE looks fabulous no matter the season. We're having 20s at night now so there's frost in the morning, but no valley snow yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had read a post in March that someone had a problem with the wipers with a late snow. Snow slid off the roof and the wipers wouldn't move until it was cleared. Lets watch for the next snow and see what happens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rocker said:
I had read a post in March that someone had a problem with the wipers with a late snow. Snow slid off the roof and the wipers wouldn't move until it was cleared. Lets watch for the next snow and see what happens.
Ya thats exactly what happened to me. I guess I just gotta make sure I get all the snow of the roof. Never really had this problem with my jimmy tho.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Winter is the only time I dislike having a roof rack because getting all the snow off is near impossible. The picture of snow reminds me of the snows we had last year. I know you all get snow that just lasts and lasts. I have friends around Toronto that send me pictures of their snow and how trapped they are in their house. We get a lot of snow but it doesn't tend to stay through the winter, it usually melts between storms. I can hear you on the hard to clear roof though, I am going to have to think how we are going to do that this year, we have long brushes but I think it is going to be an angle issue.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Truckin' said:
I knew it. The BLUE looks fabulous no matter the season. We're having 20s at night now so there's frost in the morning, but no valley snow yet.
His RL is actually silver it was just really cold.:D

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thats why they call it WINTERPEG .... :p We' should see signs of spring with temps to hit 10 or 12C again by the end of the week here in Edmonton....looking to go for a scoot :D on my CBR 600 :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
mayfielh said:
Do you get much ice? I would love to know if anyone has dealt with any yet.

We usually get at least one real bad ice storm a year here. Plus our roads are prone to blackice.

I'm sure the RL will handle the snow fine but ice is a whole different creature.

It will be an interesting couple of months on the ROC as we all post our Winter driving experiences.
I just drove home last night in one of our typical storms. It was very close to freezing which is the worse because as you gain elevation you get a layer of water and snow then a layer of ice and snow. I gain about 2500 ft. in elevation on my commute home so sometimes the driving can be interesting. Last night was one of those evenings. I'm happy to say that I didn't have any problems, didn't change any of the drive train settings and passed two cars and two SUVs that were just spinning their wheels. I did have some problems this morning in the new snow with steering as the front end slid around in the driveway (not your typical driveway either) but I managed to get out without any trouble. I'm a little worried that Ridgeline will be prone to high center when the storms get worse and the snow deeper. I'll let you know.

So far I'm pretty happy with the snow performance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ROColorado said:
I'm a little worried that Ridgeline will be prone to high center when the storms get worse and the snow deeper. I'll let you know.

So far I'm pretty happy with the snow performance.
What's "high center"?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
ROColorado said:
I'm a little worried that Ridgeline will be prone to high center when the storms get worse and the snow deeper. I'll let you know.
You should have one of the creative minds on the ROC cut some sort of small plow that you could mount low on the front to prevent high centering in the snow.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hijack204 said:
You wouldn't happen to live in and around, Winterpeg, Manifrozen would ya? I could swear I was looking at my Ridgeline-- same colour, same snow storm?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi hijack204, Great before & after photos! Looks really cold there...:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
We just got 20 centemeters of heavy wet white stuff last night. And more to come this evening with lots of wind. I tried mine out on snow and ice. The ABS is more responsive than my Cherokee's was. There was no way I could fishtail it or make the tires spin. I took a quick corner and it tracked with precision. I was distracted by the flashing yellow triangle on the instrument panel though. Also tried moving off in 2nd gear on ice and didn't notice any real difference. That is not a bad thing because it didn't spin in any case. All in all the 4WD system is very transparent.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts