Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I am really enjoying it so far. Not sure how well it will handle the towing duties twice a year, but I think it will do OK. Dealership liked my 2017 RAM 1500 Laramie
so much that one of the sales guys grabbed it rather than put it on the lot. So far on the RTL-E I have tinted the fronts, installed a flush mount chip/bug guard and put on some 2018 Pilot wheels as I couldn't bear looking at the stockers. I can't believe how ugly (at least to me) the factory wheels for 2020 are on the modern steel color. With the blue they look a lot better........so a little inexpensive wheel "bling".

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice.......bet ingress/egress is easier. I have to agree about the OE wheels.....not a big fan of 6 spokes/5 lugs.☹
Yes, it sure is easier.....don’t need running boards!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put me in the “Hate the factory 2020 RTL-E Rim” column!
The Pilot wheels look great!.. I wonder if Honda is listening and will at least paint them a bright silver for 2021?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks-they were around $175 each which wasn’t too terrible. Two things do this vehicle styling injustice. 1) the wheels, and 2) not tinting the front windows. When all the windows are dark, I don’t notice the rear roofline cut nearly as much, and the G2 looks more fluid in design. Seeing some of yours here being tinted made my mind up for me.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ToyTruck, congrats, are you familiar with the 2017 RTS trim?
Not offhand, but my first G1 (2007) was an RTS. Does the 2017 model have better looking wheels? Well, I concede that any model has better looking ones than the 2020. 😀

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah, got you. They look quite decent, actually much better than the factory 2020 wheels On the E. Seems Honda gives the upper trims the less attractive wheels.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Those wheels on the Ridgeline in Canada are stock rims on the base sport ( grey ) and on the EX-L as what you have chrome and grey

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And you guys get the ventilated seats too.......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts