Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New 2011 Ridgeline owner. I recently bought a Westin Bull Bar and I'm about to get started on it. I saw a bunch of posts on here about others installing them, I wanted to know if anyone had any tips before I get started, I just finished reading through the directions and they could made a lot more clear. Also what did you use to trim the splash guard?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Do you have someone to help you hold it in place while you bolt it up?
If I recall its not hard so long as you don't have to spend a lot of time breaking the bolts loose. There always seems to be 1 stubborn one.

If you have a front plate, you can invert the entire frame and that should do the trick just fine.

Trimming the splash guard - a rotozip tool works great but I believe a pair of tin snips do the job fine too.

Good Luck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Make a pattern with card board for the exact dimensions of the mounting brackets, then mark your splash shield accordingly. I cut mine out with the dremel tool, cuts through the plastic like butter and makes nice square cuts!

Toughest part is holding it in place while trying to get the first bolt through the bracket to hold the bull bar to the grille, once you get that done the rest is cake!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im mounting the same bars. Did the cut outs and removed most of the bolts except for one on the passenger side that just spins. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Im mounting the same bars. Did the cut outs and removed most of the bolts except for one on the passenger side that just spins. Anyone else have this problem? Solutions?
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Hi all,

New 2011 Ridgeline owner. I recently bought a Westin Bull Bar and I'm about to get started on it. I saw a bunch of posts on here about others installing them, I wanted to know if anyone had any tips before I get started, I just finished reading through the directions and they could made a lot more clear. Also what did you use to trim the splash guard?
Welcome to the ROC
:cheerleader:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts