Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2006 RT last week. It was my dad's and I had been driving it for about a month prior to buying.
I was cleaning out some bb's that got under the carpet and wee rolling around and driving me crazy when I noticed the carpet was damp under the right rear seat. There is no misty odor at all and nothing was recently spilled.

Any suggestions on where to start investigating the source are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? (don't remember if the 2006 RT had one or not)

Chip H.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just bought a 2006 RT last week. It was my dad's and I had been driving it for about a month prior to buying.
I was cleaning out some bb's that got under the carpet and wee rolling around and driving me crazy when I noticed the carpet was damp under the right rear seat. There is no misty odor at all and nothing was recently spilled.

Any suggestions on where to start investigating the source are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The only thing I can suggest is to see if the drain holes on the bottom of the doors are plugged.

Take a small stick or pipe cleaner and shove it up in there and move it around.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
That link won't help as that deals with water that enter in the windshield area and drains through a drain hole witching the front mud flap.

The drains that were suggest to be checked are within the door bottoms

·
Registered
452 Posts
I know his is an older thread. I've never had any problem with leaking in the cab. It rained really hard last night. When I got in the truck and started up my hill I heard water spilling. I looked over to my passenger side floor and under the glove box area was water. I pulled over for a second and I felt up under the glove box and the wires and plastic pieces under there were wet. I didn't have time to get a good look to see where it could have came from.

Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
That's the same area my RL has leaked since new. I took it back once under warranty and they sent me to a local glass shop. They couldn't duplicate the leak. It only seems to happen in very heavy downpours and leaks a few tablespoons of water in the center of my floor liner right under the glove box. When I look behind the glove box, I can see the plumbing is wet, but I have no idea where the water is coming from.

The heavy downpours are so infrequent it is tough to demonstrate the issue. Running water from a hose wouldn't duplicate the issue. Fortunately, my floor liners contain the water. I've never noticed any wetness of the carpet, front or back.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
The most common sources of leaks tend to be...
Roof rack attachment points under tracks in roof exterior.
Body plugs/grommets missing from delivery tie down holes on side rails under truck.
Front windshield drains to bottom of front mud flaps.
Rear sliding window.
Door drains.

All of these have been discussed on the forum in the past and can be found using the search option.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
452 Posts
That's the same area my RL has leaked since new. I took it back once under warranty and they sent me to a local glass shop. The couldn't duplicate the leak. It only seems to happen in very heavy downpours and leaks a few tablespoons of water in the center of my floor liner right under the glove box. When I look behind the glove box, I can see the plumbing is wet, but I have no idea where the water is coming from.

The heavy downpours are so infrequent it was tough to demonstrate the issue. Running water from a hose wouldn't duplicate the issue. Fortunately, my floor liners contain the water. I've never noticed any wetness of the carpet, front or back.

Yeah this has never happened before and like you said it was just a few tablespoons right in the middle of my weathertech mats.
Very strange.

The most common sources of leaks tend to be...

Roof rack attachment points under tracks in roof exterior.

Body plugs/grommets missing from delivery tie down holes on side rails under truck.

Front windshield drains to bottom of front mud flaps.

Rear sliding window.

Door drains.

All of these have been discussed on the forum in the past and can be found using the search option.

Good Luck.

I checked all these last time I washed the truck to make sure none were clogged before winter. I seen they were problems before on here. But I had never seen a post about it leaking under the glove box on the passenger side until I did a search on Google.

·
Super Moderator
22,871 Posts
Yeah this has never happened before and like you said it was just a few tablespoons right in the middle of my weathertech mats.
Very strange.
Well if you find the leak, it will probably be the same issue that only rarely shows up on mine. And vice versa.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,871 Posts
If my issue was a blocked AC drain, I'd see it whenever I run the AC. I only see it it in the heaviest downpours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts