Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received and installed my Wet Okole's about 3 weeks ago! Attached are photos that don't do it justice because of the morning sun shining in, normally I don't have direct sun on them and the colors are much richer, and hairs (dog) do not show in person so much, but here they are.

I went with the Wet Okole's for these reasons:

• the stock RTX seats were a bit scratchy, especially the center arm console
  • was already looking into spending coin on the seat bolster fix, mine is about halfway to toast, the covers seem to mask and protect it well
  • wanted heated seats
  • wanted lumbar support
  • could not afford leather
  • liked the sporty look of the Wet Okole

Shipped price was $340 with heated and lumbar (front seats only) and took 7 weeks. Could have paid $25 for a custom logo such as Ridgeline, but was over budget already, wish I had paid, the Wet Okole logo looks fine but because its understated you have to think about it to understand what it is.

Install was quick and easy. Did not even attempt to run the straps under the seat, based on comments here could not see how its worth the hassle and so far the seat is holding pretty well, without those straps I have to adjust/retuck the bottom pad maybe once every 20 rides. The heated seat taps right into the back of the center console, very convenient. The lumbar is hand pump and no where convenient for that, it just lays between the seat and the door with no risk of falling out. More on the lumbar later.

The waterproof neoprene fabric is not quite as soft as I was expecting (based on neoprene life vests we use), but still feels good and better than the stock seat. It matches my black/gray steering wheel cover perfectly and the whole deal looks quite nice when I open the doors. Matches plastic pieces very well. With its padding the extra bulk pushes me slightly closer to the steering wheel, and I am already in the fully back position so that snugged up. Of course they have the air bag accomodations, and were otherwise very much customized to the Ridgeline. Am a little tweaked about the wrinkles in the driver headrest (pictured), came that way, and made me think they would all wrinkle over time... well nothing else has wrinkled, and the headrest has not ironed out from heat, I may try to iron it on low or ask Okole to send another (passenger headrest looks great, I should swap them).

The heated seat does not warm up impressively fast, probably on par with Hondas and way behind Subarus. Little disappointed there, but since neoprene melts at 250F or so, not surprising they don't burn like toast. 2-stage and power control is convenient and I will probably velcro mount it somewhere to the center console.

The lumbar support is bulb inflated. Feels quite nice and full and micro adjustable. While driving it holds perfectly, but overnight it deflates, I assume by design. I actually like this unexpected feature a lot, because I only use lumbar support for longer drives. For daily driving I prefer it deflated, the RL already has some decent back support, so works perfectly for me.

While installing, got concerned that the seats would show dirt too easily. Turns out not to be the case at all. I did get their seat-specific cleaner and have not needed it yet in 3-weeks. If anything, these show dirt, dust and crumbs less than the stock greys.

All in all, it comes in slightly under expectations, but still a great value at $340 (my SO and kids think they are awesome, the difference between them and me is they never had any pre-conceived idea of what was coming). After getting $190 estimate for third-party correction of the stock drivers bolster, I only allowed myself $300 in case I get into a new RL2 and only have them for a year. The Okole's achieved my goals of fabric improvement, addressing the bolster, adding a heated seat and lumbar support. Also, made the interior sportier.

ADDED NOTE: cover prevents access to seat back pockets and is a cheap option I bypassed on the Okole's.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Looks good kinda like the ones I put on 8yrs ago.
I got the pump blowup bulb bladder lumbar for passenger side.

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Nice job, fraugher! Did you mention what colors you chose? I can't tell if the outer portion is black or charcoal.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
In the standard neoprene seat, there is only black with choice of inside color, it's black (bad camera and lighting make it look lighter than it is)... The inside color I chose was #11 Charcoal, although now that you bring it up there is no way this is charcoal, has to be light gray (#21), maybe they knew charcoal would not look good and just switched it on me? In the passenger side photo you can see its a pretty good complement to the stock grey in the rear.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
For a few years I've been dabbling with the thought of doing the wet okole. I was always confused by the color choices. Thanks for clearing it up for me, fraugher.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The inside color is in fact Charcoal... I will try to redo these photos because the color is so off what I see on a daily basis, outsides always look like a deep black, insides are almost a heather-like med-dark gray.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hey fraugher - Are those covers pretty tough? Like tough enough to withstand the toenails of a sixty pound dog? I'm looking down the line for when my denim covers get too rough.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Did it come with a cover for the armrest up front? Yours appears to have it but when I went to the website it didn't show it.

They look great.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Did it come with a cover for the armrest up front? Yours appears to have it but when I went to the website it didn't show it.

They look great.
When I ordered mine back in 2007 same armrest cover came with them.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey fraugher - Are those covers pretty tough? Like tough enough to withstand the toenails of a sixty pound dog? I'm looking down the line for when my denim covers get too rough.
Hard to say, it's neoprene, probably not as tough as the stock fabric, but I certainly will not be afraid to mess with it. I've got a 50-lb. Schnauzer and would let her claws take on the seats, but as a mud puppy, would worry she would smell up the neoprene.

The seats come with the center console cover standard as part of the Ridgeline package.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Hard to say, it's neoprene, probably not as tough as the stock fabric, but I certainly will not be afraid to mess with it. I've got a 50-lb. Schnauzer and would let her claws take on the seats, but as a mud puppy, would worry she would smell up the neoprene.

The seats come with the center console cover standard as part of the Ridgeline package.
Did you order the cleaning products for the seat covers. The odor remover/shampoo and UV protectant. When I first put them on in 2007 took the long trip to St Louis Ridgeline meet I spilled a large container of McDonalds iced coffee on me and the Wet Okole seat cover.
I took it off when I get there and gave it a good cleaning with shampoo and odor remover when I got back home.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks fraugher. Fifty pounds? Sounds like a standard schnauzer.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Yes she's a standard, neurotic guard dog and mouser, and tough as nails, gives our neighbor's 100 lb. shepherd a run for its money every day. Done our best to soften her up, but the wiring is pretty well soldered LOL. How bout yours? 60 lbs is just about where I wouldn't be able to pick up the dog !

Also BTW Fiddle rides in the back with a full bench sling held by the four headrests, likes to look over the center console out the front window.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Always been interested in standard schnauzers. They are intelligent and in the size range I like. I had an oversized miniature schnauzer when I was growing up. Great, loyal dog. Kirby, the dog I have now, is a Carolina dog I got from a breeder in Aiken, SC. Great dog but as high energy as a border collie. Thankfully he is starting to calm slightly after five years. Kirby likes to ride in the front passenger seat with his chin on the center console.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts