Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the record....I'm very satisfied with my G2 BE but there are a couple of little things that kind of bug me:

- Some of the interior bulbs are standard while some of the forward cab bulbs are LED's

- No traditional ashtray type ash holder spot so that means my change bounces around the sliding holder thing in the center console

All in all, these things are mostly fixable and minor but I thought I'd ask....

What "little things" bother you?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
- Some of the interior bulbs are standard while some of the forward cab bulbs are LED's

- No traditional ashtray type ash holder spot so that means my change bounces around the sliding holder thing in the center console

What "little things" bother you?
I don't have a G2 yet, but the LED/Filament bulb combo thing is too cheap for words. this is 2016. LED's are cheap enough and extremely long lasting and there is no reason they should not be in every socket. This ain't a yugo.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sunglass holder isn't big enough to hold my sunglasses and the USB in the console should operate Apple Car Play so I don't have to leave a cord out in the open.

·
Registered
441 Posts
In my RTS I can't program all the doors to open when I grab the driver side handle. Not a big deal but would be nice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sunglass holder isn't big enough to hold my sunglasses and the USB in the console should operate Apple Car Play so I don't have to leave a cord out in the open.
I wonder if there is a way to swap the wires so that the console is the car play one?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't have a G2 yet, but the LED/Filament bulb combo thing is too cheap for words. this is 2016. LED's are cheap enough and extremely long lasting and there is no reason they should not be in every socket. This ain't a yugo.
You can buy plug in LED's on Amazon for peanuts. First thing I do to all of my new cars. My wife's $50k Lexus had a mix of traditional and LED and it drove me nuts. I solved that issue with about $20

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm still pleased with the ride and style of my Ridgeline. And when you consider all the stuff it is capable of doing some of these things certainly sound petty. But.
The little things are annoying because they appear to be eliminated if a little more forethought had gone into it. For example, I was very surprised to find no small storage pockets in the rear doors. I had them in my CRV, my Pilot. I find it a handy place to keep umbrellas and flyers for my business.
Maybe the Honda door pocket engineer retired?

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
The passenger seat back should provide warmth on the RTL-E and BE. I know, I know, Honda keeps their airbag controls there....You'd think they'd figure out a better solution after all these years. Now I have to buy a $15 made-in-China seat warmer that will probably catch on fire...

While we're at it, would it kill Honda to put vertical height adjustment on their power passenger seats??

As for the LED fixtures....not sure if they have proper heatsinking available for all of those various fixtures yet. Sure, you can buy LED replacements on Amazon, but they might burn out in a couple years due to improper heatsinking (yes, contrary to popular belief, LEDs do get hot!). That's why LED "light bulbs" generally can't be, or aren't supposed to be, used in enclosed fixtures.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Agreed. When I can buy an entire light strip for my home theater with an RGB LED every few inches where the LEDs cost 80 cents each (and that is retail), it is simply stupid to use anything but LED in almost any lighting of any kind these days!

·
Registered
970 Posts
I do agree on the cord, although I suspect if the phone was in the console I would forget to bring it with me more often. Probably not what Honda had in mind when they did that, however.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Carpeted mats are pretty thin and cheapo. Of course this is probably not just Honda but the ones in the G1 were better.

OTOH, as others have said, the rubber mats are actually nicer than the G1.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I thought we decided a few threads ago that Penis size & The Ridgeline are not mutually exclusive :grin:
In fact, I would postulate that penis size is directly proportional to the number of Ridgelines one has owned. Of course I am just talking from personal experience here. :grin:

·
Registered
970 Posts
It does. The G1 doesn't, but the G2 does.

Finally! I always wondered why they did that. Was it just cheapness or something to do with airbag or child seat or something?

As somebody with a lousy back, I really appreciate having that heat and wish my wife's 14 Odyssey had it.

OTOH, it really does not get hot enough for me and seems to have an auto off or overheat off built in. I long for the days of my first heated seats (99 Dodge Caravan). Those actually got heating pad hot and were great.

OT (sort of): Did you know that you cannot buy electric heating pads in New Zealand? Seriously. They look at you like you want to buy a magic potion or something. Very odd.

·
Administrator
16,068 Posts
Finally! I always wondered why they did that. Was it just cheapness or something to do with airbag or child seat or something?

As somebody with a lousy back, I really appreciate having that heat and wish my wife's 14 Odyssey had it.

OTOH, it really does not get hot enough for me and seems to have an auto off or overheat off built in. I long for the days of my first heated seats (99 Dodge Caravan). Those actually got heating pad hot and were great.

OT (sort of): Did you know that you cannot buy electric heating pads in New Zealand? Seriously. They look at you like you want to buy a magic potion or something. Very odd.
I believe the following to be correct based on my mortal memory: Originally, the passenger seat backs were heated. When occupant detection systems became required, Honda made an engineering decision to remove the heater from the passenger seat backs at that time. Sometime between then and now, they began to return. The latest Honda models now have "fully" heated front seats.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

They don't want you to get warm "down under"?

Sorry, I know that's one country off and it's dopey, but couldn't stop myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts