Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of apps have people installed on their infotainment system? I saw some video about rooting the system, and people installed Netflix, Waze. Just wondering what else would be useful to consider.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Not rooted, I don't think there are apps available. Not many people want to root their system, I can't think of any who did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
I rooted it. system has 512 mb ram. I currently have Spotify, Netflix, Soundcloud, Google maps stored on usb drive, Waze, Tomtom radar camera app, Youtube and Google chrome. There is a dealer hide function which works really well. There are multiple other apps. No lag what so ever. u can select what apps to auto launch. clear cache memory etc.
All the tested apps can be downloaded at
CMDroid
hack can be downloaded at Honda Hack ? Learn how to root your Honda head unit and install apps. buy premium version $25

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I rooted it. system has 512 mb ram. I currently have Spotify, Netflix, Soundcloud, Google maps stored on usb drive, Waze, Tomtom radar camera app, Youtube and Google chrome. There is a dealer hide function which works really well. There are multiple other apps. No lag what so ever. u can select what apps to auto launch. clear cache memory etc.
All the tested apps can be downloaded at
CMDroid
hack can be downloaded at Honda Hack ? Learn how to root your Honda head unit and install apps. buy premium version $25
Wow this is amazing!

LadharK, where about in Canada are you? If you're in Ontario, I'd love to meet up sometime to help hack my system!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed it today in my 18 RTL-E. Workinhttps://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=380396g great! First pic is playing youtube. Second is playing netflix.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am a little unclear on this hack so hope you can clear up my questions a little.

To install the hack and then the programs is an android phone required?

Do the programs download from the web to an external usb drive?

If Google Maps and Waze are installed is an internet connection required to use? Can you use an iphone's personal hotspot if needed?

Is there a charge for the apps you can download?

Thanks a lot for posting this info. Would like to use maps and waze without using carplay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am a little unclear on this hack so hope you can clear up my questions a little.

To install the hack and then the programs is an android phone required?

Do the programs download from the web to an external usb drive?

If Google Maps and Waze are installed is an internet connection required to use? Can you use an iphone's personal hotspot if needed?

Is there a charge for the apps you can download?

Thanks a lot for posting this info. Would like to use maps and waze without using carplay.
No android phone is required. You go to the autohack website and purchase a license. (Either pro or standard version). Then you connect the car's browser to a wifi source (phone hotspot is fine, I just did it in my garage where my house wifi reaches). You go to a specific web address and input your license number, and the hack is downloaded and installed. (It runs a hack, then you have to do a factory reset of your headunit, and when it restarts, the honda hack icon/program is present)

You can download a set of programs from the web (all free) or use an external usb drive.

I'm actually not sure if an internet connection is required for waze, but i'll test later today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rooted it. system has 512 mb ram. I currently have Spotify, Netflix, Soundcloud, Google maps stored on usb drive,
Which USB port can be used after rooted? The one under the dash or the one under the arm rest?

Also is the USB device used as part of Android OS? Meaning if you unplug the USB can the system still work?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow this is amazing!

LadharK, where about in Canada are you? If you're in Ontario, I'd love to meet up sometime to help hack my system!
Sry I am in from Edmonton Alberta. It is very easy to do yourself.

Which USB port can be used after rooted? The one under the dash or the one under the arm rest?

Also is the USB device used as part of Android OS? Meaning if you unplug the USB can the system still work?
sry havn't messed with anything since I rooted the system. I used the port in the glove box to install the apps

·
Registered
122 Posts
Where can I find APK files to download and install apps via the usb? Only a few apps are offered within HondaHack.
I've been looking as well. Supposedly
http://cmdroid.com was posted in the beginning of this thread. There are only a few there I would use. I haven't tried any of these yet. I did see someone had posted a pic of Amazon prime app which isnt on this list of apps, so maybe there is another site. Anyone ? Sharing is caring. Lol

1 - 20 of 50 Posts