Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shopping for tires that would potentially add a slight bit more of ground clearance to my Ridgeline without a leveling kit, any rub, or massively affecting driving dynamics. I was potentially looking at a 255 65 18 but I have no idea whether that will rub or not. I know hardly anything about tires and am not an off-roading enthusiast so any help on what is a slight upgrade over the stock 245 60 18 will help.

·
Registered
2017 AWD SPORT. Peragon. 1.5x0.5 traxda lift. 265/60/18 allseason. Elec popnlock. Door hack.
433 Posts
Stock tires are 29.6". 255/65/18 are about 31". That is really cutting it close. It's hard to say because the shape of different tires can vary a lot. All terrain tires tend to have a more square shoulder and are more likely to rub.

There are also other factors to consider. The bigger the wheel offset the better (within reason). The stock wheel offset of +55mm (+45mm 2021) is the safest bet. The smaller the wheel offset, the less clearance you'll have. Also, wheel spacers essentially reduce the wheel offset, and increase the chances of rubbing. Also, a lift actually makes the rubbing issue slightly worse.

I might be tempted to get 255/65/18 on my next set of tires. I have +55mm offset wheels, and would stick with all season tires, but it is still probably taking a risk of rubbing. Most people play it a little safer with 30.5" tires. These sizes are 265/60/18, 265/65/17, 245/65/18, and 245/70/17 (if they make this last size).

I personally have a 2017 with a 1.5" lift, oem wheels, and 265/60/18 all season tires. I have about 3/8" clearance from the outside shoulder to the wheel well liner at full lock. On rare occasions I have heard a noise when entering a steep driveway curb at full lock. I always thought the noise was from the suspension and caused by the lift. Recently I have been wondering if the noise is actually rubbing due to the suspension travel caused by the curb. I hope it is the latter. It's not a horrible noise. Just like a half second long squeak. I don't like it, though. Obviously.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 RTL
294 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have ZERO rubbing under any and all conditions with 265/60/18 Michelin CrossClimate SUVs (MAGNIFICENT tires, btw) on my stock-height 2020 RTL-E with Coil SumoSprings on all corners. I am inclined to believe there would be little to no rubbing even without the Sumos. (Details available in my previous replies to other posts, which you should be able to find easily by searching for either of those product names.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Please note that this spreadsheet is for the old G1 truck. The G2 is different, I am sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.