Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
facing the back seats, at rear of centre console, either side of the 12 v power port are two little hook type things and it looks like somehting may clip onto them.

Anyone know "whad up wid dat"?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The owners manual says they are for hanging your grocery bags on. I thought they were for hanging head phones on.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
They're for hanging plastic bags, i.e. grocery, Wal-Mart, etc. The Pilot has them, too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seriously??? Have you used them for this?

Anyway, another mystery solved, thanks a lot.

c ya

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought a nylon trash bag from the auto parts store. Adjusted the "hanging strap with safety pins, now it fits on those hooks perfectly. Good location for trash!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
My wife uses the ones on the Pilot all the time. I haven't had the need to use them on the Ridgeline yet. I've been happy using the trunk w/net or under the seat on the tray (not the storage system).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all great ideas. The trunk net, is that a Honda item if not, where did you get that? Sounds like a good piece of kit to keep small stuff from sliding around.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I used my hangers today going to my local wally world. If your seats are folded up you can also use the seatbelts as bag holders. They pull out and have a little tension on them. Dont tie the milk on here but it holds some small bags very easily. :cool:

·
Registered
296 Posts
More proof that the Ridge is a storage monster, an animal to be sure, head/shoulders above any other vehicle we looked at. Out here in the "extreme country" we go in to town every other week or so (you know, for lard & grain & whatnot) and are amazed at how easy it is to pack the Ridge with all our necessities. What a wonderful thing.

We have indeed used these hooks for grocery bags, now that we've succumbed to the "plastic" response to "paper or plastic".

The only tricky part so far is that we have to shove all the water softener salt bags (from Sam's) to the forward part of the truck bed, then we load the groceries from HEB in the trunk & back seat, and finally we add-in the bags of feed from Tractor Supply over the trunk. And the Ridge doesn't even breathe hard over all this abuse! Someone tell me a better vehicle for storage than this Honda...

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
The trunk net is a Honda accessory. H&A sells them. I have the bed net on order.

L

·
0 Posts
lineridgejohn said:
facing the back seats, at rear of centre console, either side of the 12 v power port are two little hook type things and it looks like somehting may clip onto them.

Anyone know "whad up wid dat"?

We use them for hanging our ball caps on. :)

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
That assumes the back seat passengers actually take them off. Mine don't. I have to pry them off before bath time.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The trunk has those hanger thingys also. One on either side of the tailgate side of the trunk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts