Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what these black rubber grommets are OR where they belong in the RL?

Found 6ea of them in right storage area below dash board as I was driving home on fisrt day I purchased my RTL.

When I took vehicle back to have towing package installed I asked the Sevice manager and he didn't have a clue what they were for. Said he would ask service personnel if they had any ideas.

My lame dealer is stumped.

Before I start searching and crawling all over under my RL I'm hoping someone will regonize these.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't have a clue what they really are, but I'll start the stupid responses:

1) Vanna White test drove the Ridgline and dropped some vowels (all "O's").

2) Ear plugs for 3 Ferengi (those ugly dudes from Star Trek)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Almost for sure they are part of the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) process and your dealer tech either forgot or didn't know where they go. They should go into the frame at various places although some holes are left un-plugged for drainage. Easy enough to put in but ya gotta know which holes to plug. I'd take it back and tell them to look at their PDI manual again or take it to another dealer. If left out you could get some water build up in the frame which may start to rust it and may also sometimes cause some whistling noises.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dnucci said:
I don't have a clue what they really are, but I'll start the stupid responses:

1) Vanna White test drove the Ridgline and dropped some vowels (all "O's").

2) Ear plugs for 3 Ferengi (those ugly dudes from Star Trek)
LOL :) ;) :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
vertrkr said:
Almost for sure they are part of the PDI (Post Delivery Inspection) process and your dealer tech either forgot or didn't know where they go. They should go into the frame at various places although some holes are left un-plugged for drainage. Easy enough to put in but ya gotta know which holes to plug. I'd take it back and tell them to look at their PDI manual again or take it to another dealer. If left out you could get some water build up in the frame which may start to rust it and may also sometimes cause some whistling noises.
Mine were not installed, either. I must get the dealer to get them and put them back on. They charge an arm and a leg for PDI and Freight - they better put 'em in.

I will print out the pics and show them as proof. Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those are plugs to holes in the frame. Probably when you had accessories installed. I have a few of them myself after installing some things on the truck. Nothing to worry (at least I think) - mine has other things in those holes now.

-SeattleRidge

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yes they are part of the PDI (pre delivery inspection) and they should be installed, not a major deal, but they are there for a reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts