Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd test out the payload rating this weekend. Actually I had some railroad ties to move. Seems like the Ridgeline is more than capable in this area. Two things to keep in mind, old railroad ties will scratch the bed and after loading 1/2 ton of railroad ties in the bed, you won't be able to get any tie down straps or a red flag out of the trunk.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
ROColorado said:
I thought I'd test out the payload rating this weekend. Actually I had some railroad ties to move. Seems like the Ridgeline is more than capable in this area. Two things to keep in mind, old railroad ties will scratch the bed and after loading 1/2 ton of railroad ties in the bed, you won't be able to get any tie down straps or a red flag out of the trunk.
I have only hauled tree limbs, shrubs, and I did scratch the bed moving a stereo cabinet. A screw head put a little gouge in the bed.

You could have tied that cone in the picture on one of those RR ties. It looks like a lot of weight, shouldn't move around to much back there.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Nothing heavy, just some seed, fertilizer, and straw. Just another weekend for the RL, once again proving to be the most useful vehicle I've ever owned...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Two things to keep in mind, old railroad ties will scratch the bed and after loading 1/2 ton of railroad ties in the bed, you won't be able to get any tie down straps or a red flag out of the trunk.
FWIW, I keep a bag under the passenger-side rear seat that contains all my bungee cords and ratchet straps. It's out of the way and I've never had to unload something in order to get them out of the trunk. :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
ROColorado, now that's putting the Ridge to good use.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
nothing heavy, just some seed, fertilizer, and straw. Just another weekend for the rl, once again proving to be the most useful vehicle i've ever owned...
roll tide!!!!!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Something like this every payday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I didn't have that many ties in the back of my 1/2 ton Ram and it squatted more.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,592 Posts
Looks like you had some weight back there. Any idea how much?

The bed scratches if you look at it hard enough. The good news is that the scratches don't rust. And there are numerous scratch fixes if it's an eyesore to you. You can even replace the panels if you need/want to. Or LineX them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts