Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Silver

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
FlaDan said:
Just curious. Are there certain colors that have the wind noise problem?
I don't see how paint color can be related to a production error. Configuration, like sunroof, roofrack, etc, maybe. But black does not produce more noise than silver. Now if we are talkng owners...... :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Webwader said:
I don't see how paint color can be related to a production error. Configuration, like sunroof, roofrack, etc, maybe. But black does not produce more noise than silver. Now if we are talkng owners...... :D
Actually the noise has been attributed to color due to a problem with the robotic windshield fitter having a problem detecting the edges properly.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'll be darned. Can the robot be fitted with glasses? :D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
IS Greeen a Canadian Color?? :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but a survey like this will not yield any productive results. The number of responses depends on who responds with what color vehicle they own.

In order for it to be meaningful, you would have to get a set number of each color and ask the question.

According to the color poll, there are more silver Ridgeline's than the other colors, so the wind noise vs. color survey may be skewed towards silver. On the flip side there are less white Ridgeline's so the whites may be under represented.

If the robots truly have problems seeing certain colors or color combinations (interior color vs. exterior color contrast) then the color should be known by the Honda Engineers. If the wind noise is only the first certain number of Ridgelines (until the window seals were replaced) then that would depend on if Honda produced more Red than Blue in the first batch. If equal numbers of each color were produced and the Robots don't have eyesight problems, then the color vs. wind noise should be evenly distributed.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
nevadagarth said:
I don't mean to be a party pooper, but a survey like this will not yield any productive results. The number of responses depends on who responds with what color vehicle they own.

In order for it to be meaningful, you would have to get a set number of each color and ask the question.

According to the color poll, there are more silver Ridgeline's than the other colors, so the wind noise vs. color survey may be skewed towards silver. On the flip side there are less white Ridgeline's so the whites may be under represented.

If the robots truly have problems seeing certain colors or color combinations (interior color vs. exterior color contrast) then the color should be known by the Honda Engineers. If the wind noise is only the first certain number of Ridgelines (until the window seals were replaced) then that would depend on if Honda produced more Red than Blue in the first batch. If equal numbers of each color were produced and the Robots don't have eyesight problems, then the color vs. wind noise should be evenly distributed.
You make the mathematician and statistician in me so proud :D

There is also the obvious problem of you are only getting an reflection of those with problems. Those of us with no problems can not answer, so if you were to try to do a weighted comparison by taking the color poll and this poll it would be difficult without an idea of how many people aren't impacted.

L

·
0 Posts
OOOOpppps...I accidentally voted for wind noise and I don't have any except after I take the guys to Taco Bell. :D
Sorry to mess up your poll. :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
OOOOpppps...I accidentally voted for wind noise and I don't have any except after I take the guys to Taco Bell. :D
Sorry to mess up your poll. :(
You just see silver and you vote don't you ;).

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well I have a blue one and the only wind noise I hear is from the roof rack, and that depends on how fast and what direction/speed the wind is blowing. I don't hear any from the windshield.

How about a button for "no wind noise"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts