• White

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 11 57.9%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Not to be a spoil sport here, but the law of averages would suggest that an equal number of each has the issue, UNLESS for example, all they made in April was Silver and only trucks made in April have the problem. I think it's highly unlikely that they only made one color or even 2 or 3 colors over an extended time period..

Let's see what your poll says though. It might be very enlightening.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Embo_9 said:
Not to be a spoil sport here, but the law of averages would suggest that an equal number of each has the issue, UNLESS for example, all they made in April was Silver and only trucks made in April have the problem. I think it's highly unlikely that they only made one color or even 2 or 3 colors over an extended time period..

Let's see what your poll says though. It might be very enlightening.
Agree; and I'll make another point. If there are more primer colored -- I mean, silver ;) -- trucks manufactured across the board, then there probably will be proportionally more of them that have the water leak problem. The end result of this poll will make it look like silver trucks are more prone to the water leak issues, when in fact it's not a causal relationship at all. It's, as Embo_9 says, the "law of averages". Statistics. You can do anything you want with the numbers, but it still won't mean anything definitive. :D

·
Registered
579 Posts
flymuck said:
Agree; and I'll make another point. If there are more primer colored -- I mean, silver ;) -- trucks manufactured across the board, then there probably will be proportionally more of them that have the water leak problem. The end result of this poll will make it look like silver trucks are more prone to the water leak issues, when in fact it's not a causal relationship at all. It's, as Embo_9 says, the "law of averages". Statistics. You can do anything you want with the numbers, but it still won't mean anything definitive. :D
Woohoo!

I said something smart!!

This same theory applies to the wind noise question elsewhere.

BTW, I L-O-V-E-D the primer joke. That made me LAUGH OUT LOUD. A low carb candy bar literally SHOT out of my nose...

·
Registered
579 Posts
You know, I just thought of something else kinda funny. If someone WANTED to skew the numbers of the poll, they probably could. Then we could make whatever color we wanted to look bad. For example, we could make GREEN look terrible for wind noise and Silver look rotten for leaks. Then we could do our OWN poll asking "If your truck is totally trouble free and gets 26 MPH, what color is it?", and stuff the poll to favor whatever color we wanted, Red or Blue for example.

I'm feeling devilish.....

But not to worry T-Mac, I'm not nearly smart enough to actually figure out how to do all that I suggest. Not to mention, I'm sure there are plenty of safeguards....

: )

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Agree; and I'll make another point. If there are more primer colored -- I mean, silver -- trucks manufactured across the board, then there probably will be proportionally more of them that have the water leak problem.
There is an additional component to the equation. Obviously, the water leak problem was confined to a certain length of production run, after which the problem was identified and rectified. Therefore, the color mix of the leakers would only be proportional to the color mix of the production run at that time. In another words, it's not going to tell us a darn thing, except that primer is the favorite color among discerning buyers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Webwader said:
There is an additional component to the equation. Obviously, the water leak problem was confined to a certain length of production run, after which the problem was identified and rectified. Therefore, the color mix of the leakers would only be proportional to the color mix of the production run at that time. In another words, it's not going to tell us a darn thing, except that primer is the favorite color among discerning buyers.
I'm so proud of you Webwader. A man with a Silver truck with a sense of humor AND a brain......

How nice.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thanks Embo.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I voted for green on behalf of a local owner we met who had the leak problem. He does not have the internet.

My BLUE does not leak.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
[QUOTE A low carb candy bar literally SHOT out of my nose...[/QUOTE]

Now THAT mad me laugh! The CANDY bar thing!

I was taking a swig of bottled water, chocked and got my Mouse wet! :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
JOZ RIDG said:
Now THAT mad me laugh! The CANDY bar thing!

I was taking a swig of bottled water, chocked and got my Mouse wet!
Yeah, that cracked me up too. Nice one, Embo_9. I hope your nose recovers.

Back to the topic at hand... I guess it would be ok for the numbers to come out showing that the primer-colored trucks are the ones with more water leaks (or wind noise)... we can ignore the statistics and just be happy we got our trucks painted! :D

Sorry, LadyRidge... ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I posted the same thing below on the Color vs. Wind Noise poll. You could substitute Water Leak for Wind Noise.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but a survey like this will not yield any productive results. The number of responses depend on who responds with what color vehicle they own.

In order for it to be meaningful, you would have to get a set number of each color and ask the question.

According to the color poll, there are more silver Ridgeline's than the other colors, so the wind noise vs. color survey may be skewed towards silver. On the flip side there are less white Ridgeline's so the whites may be under represented.

If the robots truly have problems seeing certain colors or color combinations (interior color vs. exterior color contrast) then the color should be known by the Honda Engineers. If the wind noise is only the first certain number of Ridgelines (until the window seals were replaced) then that would depend on if Honda produced more Red than Blue in the first batch. If equal numbers of each color were produced and the Robots don't have eyesight problems, then the color vs. wind noise should be evenly distributed.

I would like to add to this. I have the Primer Silver and live in the high desert. As of today, I have not had any water leaks, but I have only been through the occasional car wash. Our rainy/snowy season is about to begin so I may have a leak later.

Have others who have responded "NO" been through heavy water events? If you haven't had your Ridgeline in a "bath" how will you know if it leaks or not?

G

·
flymuck said:
Yeah, that cracked me up too. Nice one, Embo_9. I hope your nose recovers.

Back to the topic at hand... I guess it would be ok for the numbers to come out showing that the primer-colored trucks are the ones with more water leaks (or wind noise)... we can ignore the statistics and just be happy we got our trucks painted! :D

Sorry, LadyRidge... ;)
hehehehehahahahalololol:rolleyes:
;)

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm glad to hear that my compromised nasal cavity has been a source of amusement to you all.

Also, I certainly hope the mouse is dry now. There's nothing worse than a wet mouse.

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts