Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1201 - 1220 of 1220 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
555 mile round trip to W CO last week to photograph Osprey at a state park near Grand Junction. 26.5 mpg for the trip, only light load in cab and medium load in trunk. Love how I can motor for hours without feeling sore of having to take frequent breaks: RL seats 10/10.

PS Phil Long Honda in Glenwood Springs had 7 2021 RLs in stock, 4 sport & 3 RTLs.
It is very comfortable/easy to live with.

Would love to see an osprey pic or two if you don't mind posting.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
235 Posts
Park it out in front of the dealer, with a sign that says "cistern for sale."
I highly recommend if you haven't already to take it Schomp Honda. They were excellent in diagnosing and fixing my very creaky rear sliding window. I have always had the best service there with my RL and two shop-queen Coopers on the MINI side.

The only downside is that loaners aren't free--but if it's a major warranty investigation that may take a week or longer talk to Julien the assistant service manager and request a comp loaner.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,328 Posts
I highly recommend if you haven't already to take it Schomp Honda. They were excellent in diagnosing and fixing my very creaky rear sliding window. I have always had the best service there with my RL and two shop-queen Coopers on the MINI side.

The only downside is that loaners aren't free--but if it's a major warranty investigation that may take a week or longer talk to Julien the assistant service manager and request a comp loaner.
If I do ever have the water intrusion issue, I will check out Schomp Honda. They are an hour from my home and would not deal with me on a 2021. Low balled my trade by several thousand dollars. Glad they were able to diagnose and solve your problem.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL-T
129 Posts
What did I do today? Liquidated the Ridgeline. Got a great offer from Carvana (seems to be a trend), but rather than sell to them a local friend of mine matched the deal (he is an auto broker). So, hasta la vista to my second (and likely final) Ridgeline. I already have a '12 F150, well-used for truck duty, so having two pickups was clearly unnecessary. Plus I have a lot of cars in the stable. 500 miles on the Ridge in the last 4 months is a good indication I didn't need it, so I jumped on the crazy used-car pricing wave while it lasts.

Great group here on the forum, one on the best and most active...and most civil by far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just got back from a road trip to San Antonio. The RL was great - incredibly comfortable and very relaxing to drive.

PXL_20210607_153746375.jpg

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
What did I do today? Liquidated the Ridgeline. Got a great offer from Carvana (seems to be a trend), but rather than sell to them a local friend of mine matched the deal (he is an auto broker). So, hasta la vista to my second (and likely final) Ridgeline. I already have a '12 F150, well-used for truck duty, so having two pickups was clearly unnecessary. Plus I have a lot of cars in the stable. 500 miles on the Ridge in the last 4 months is a good indication I didn't need it, so I jumped on the crazy used-car pricing wave while it lasts.

Great group here on the forum, one on the best and most active...and most civil by far.
Sounds like you were an ideal seller in a seller's market - well done.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
136 Posts
neighbor chopped down an elm tree to make room for a driveway
pretty sure it’s max payload, but only mild squat

need to get my “Texas Lone Ranch Edition” badge to put on the back to mess with folks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Late reply but thanks Hap17 for the compliment. Still got some additional work to do to get what I want with the rack. I'll post pics when it gets completed.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E Pacific Pewter
136 Posts
Zerog2k, How do you like your North Mountain tonneau ?
Like it. Not perfect, but for $200 soft cover, I think it's a great value and does what I need it to do which is to keep loose stuff from flying away on the highway, and a (mild) deterrent (moreso in that you just can't see what if anything is in the bed).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Took the OEM side steps off and added some JSport ones. Big difference! The OEM's are sleeker/cleaner looking and don't really stick out past the bottom of the door. This is great for stepping in and out but not so useful for loading my SUPs up on the rack unless the doors are open. The JSport steps stick out a good 3-4 inches more which makes loading/unloading much easier.
I'll be cleaning up the OEM steps and posting photos in the Trading Post. If anyone in SoCal is interested shoot me a pm

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Took the OEM side steps off and added some JSport ones. Big difference! The OEM's are sleeker/cleaner looking and don't really stick out past the bottom of the door. This is great for stepping in and out but not so useful for loading my SUPs up on the rack unless the doors are open. The JSport steps stick out a good 3-4 inches more which makes loading/unloading much easier.
I'll be cleaning up the OEM steps and posting photos in the Trading Post. If anyone in SoCal is interested shoot me a pm
Are those real OR faux aftermarket beadlock wheels?

·
Registered
332 Posts
They are black wheels with silver bolt accents on the edge of them...so I guess you could call them faux beadlocks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Tested out payload capacity with a load of lumber to build a shared fence between my neighbor and I. I figure it was about 1k lbs worth of lumber. Only had to go a mile and a half. It handled the load with no issue. The odd part was, saw two other gen 2 RL's on the way to Lowe's.

PXL_20210612_005459392.jpg

1201 - 1220 of 1220 Posts