Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1481 - 1500 of 1500 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,636 Posts
I really like it. My only issue has been is it wasn't water tight at the front following all the vendor guidance. I have continued to make adjustments, so I am waiting until the next rain event to see if my solutions (3/8" bulkhead weatherstrip, other foam weatherstripping in the bed gaps, & trimmed rubber gasket) solves my water intrusion or not. Frankly, if it wasn't for the bed rug, a little leak wouldn't even bother me. But I really like that bed rug, and I don't want it getting saturated every time the truck gets wet.
Water won't hurt your bedrug and it certainly won't mold.

·
Super Moderator
8,636 Posts
50 gallon Bradford White water heater fit perfectly.
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Wheel

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bought a 1974 MG B GT, VERY similar to one I had 40+ yrs ago. Trailer weighs 2100, car 2400. No issues towing or stopping. No real big, long hills between Palmyra, NY and home, Utica, NY. Gas milage was down of course. Used "S" mode on the 9 speed.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Plant Car
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Cloud

·
Super Moderator
8,636 Posts
The tailgate bedrug comes in fairly handy when you have loads that push right up against the tailgate.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Bought a 1974 MG B GT, VERY similar to one I had 40+ yrs ago. Trailer weighs 2100, car 2400. No issues towing or stopping. No real big, long hills between Palmyra, NY and home, Utica, NY. Gas milage was down of course. Used "S" mode on the 9 speed. View attachment 430679 View attachment 430680
Good to know - this combo weight is very close to that and I was wondering if the RL could deal with it. It was no problem with the Tundra.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
464 Posts
Installed the Goodwin Racing rear sway bar. PITA!!!!!!!!!!

Did in driveway with not very tall jackstands.
My 2020 just hit 20K miles and only one winter in New York, so not very rusty underneath. The end links are the WORST. Use a 6mm allen wrench in the end of the bolt and a 17mm box/open end to remove nut. I chased the threads as the nut wasn't moving very well. Hit in a number of times with PB blaster. Maybe should have done that last night.
Then the top bolt on the brackets I COULDN'T get started if my life depended on it. So removed the bottom ones, WALA (spelling??) tops went right in!! Not driven yet, started at 3PM finished at 7:30PM. Tools mostly put away. I'll cross post to the sway bar thread and add more pic's. Bar not much larger in DIA but SOLID and maybe twice the weight. I didn't weigh either.

Went right to the most aggressive
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

setting.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,552 Posts
Installed the Goodwin Racing rear sway bar. PITA!!!!!!!!!!

Did in driveway with not very tall jackstands.
My 2020 just hit 20K miles and only one winter in New York, so not very rusty underneath. The end links are the WORST. Use a 6mm allen wrench in the end of the bolt and a 17mm box/open end to remove nut. I chased the threads as the nut wasn't moving very well. Hit in a number of times with PB blaster. Maybe should have done that last night.
Then the top bolt on the brackets I COULDN'T get started if my life depended on it. So removed the bottom ones, WALA (spelling??) tops went right in!! Not driven yet, started at 3PM finished at 7:30PM. Tools mostly put away. I'll cross post to the sway bar thread and add more pic's. Bar not much larger in DIA but SOLID and maybe twice the weight. I didn't weigh either.

Went right to the most aggressive View attachment 430720
setting.
Voila

How does the handling feel now?

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
217 Posts
Just ordered the Sealight 9005 LED bulbs for the high beams as recommended by several folks - hopefully they are as plug and play as advertised (and easy to get at for the change out).

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Bought a 1974 MG B GT, VERY similar to one I had 40+ yrs ago. Trailer weighs 2100, car 2400. No issues towing or stopping. No real big, long hills between Palmyra, NY and home, Utica, NY. Gas milage was down of course. Used "S" mode on the 9 speed. View attachment 430679
Nice! Got to drive a couple MGB GTs (back when that one was new) working at an airport valet parking lot - the best job ever for a teenager. Thought they were cool then and still do.

·
Registered
464 Posts
How does the handling feel now?
After a couple errands this morning took a quick ride on a hilly winding road close to home. Much more planted in the corners and more stable in general. I may play with tire pressures a little to fine tune it for DD duty.
Worth the price and time I spent installing it.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
217 Posts
Attempted to do my first oil change - should have looked and never would have guessed Honda Engineers would design a oil filter location you don't have direct access to the bottom (20 years of Honda/Acuras and never thought about it since all the others weren't a problem, always able to use metal "cap" and socket wrench to remove). I of course, after 30+ moves in my military career can't find my strap filter wrenches or maybe gave them away since I can't remember the last time I used one. Now to figure out if a standard auto store strap wrench works of if I need a Honda specialty tool.

On the bright side (no pun intended) I did swap out my high beams and installed LED bulbs - looks much better. There was some swear since they don't leave much room for larger hands, don't think mine are too large but damn - most challenging by the time I got my hands and connectors in the space connections was done by feel since you couldn't see much:).

1481 - 1500 of 1500 Posts