Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

721 - 740 of 786 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Today I had the front two windows tinted to match the back windows, I believe that they were 28%. Looks great!

Attachments

Reactions: Haymoose and OhSix

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Finished my 'yard chores' with daylight to spare so I washed the RL and wife's Accord.

Even had time for a quick spray wax, detail the interior and tidy up under the hood.

Looks like new and the interior smells great.

Now for a hot shower. :)

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
A bath to get the salt off...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
It wasn't today it was a few years ago but I dropped off the boards here for a while.

I added a fancy grille, L.E.D. lights and fender repeater lights.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
B 236 came up on the Mx Minder a week ago just shy of 39,000 miles.
Found 24 bottles of DW-1 transmission fluid at a liquidators for $3 a bottle. Used 4 bottles last week on a drain and fill and repeated the drain and fill today.
Changed the engine oil with Mobil 1 synthetic Ow20 for Honda's, $22.25.
Added the fumoto valve for easier oil changes in the future.
Used the Honda A01 filter from a pack of six I picked up last year.
Mobil1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W‑90 went in the transfer assembly $12.99.
Honda's VTM-4 Diff Fluid for the rear differential $29.
Changed out the cabin and engine air filter ( again from an ebay stockpile).
Topped off the windshield washer (Honda brand) and checked the antifreeze.
Replaced all 7 crush washers and picked up a couple of fluid hand pumps for the gallon and quart containers.
All other fluids look good.
Current mileage is 39,250.

Will rotate the tires and check brakes and belts on Saturday after I research how to inspect the belts?

Saved a bunch over not going to the stealership and feel good for the accomplishment.

I have a sloped driveway and used a set of steel ramps to raise up the front wheels for the oil, transmission and transfer assembly fluids. The rear does not need to be lifted to change the Rear Diff VTM-4 fluid, but I left the truck up on the ramps as it levelled my ride over the sloped driveway.

Advance Auto took the old fluids to recycle, for free :grin:

Thanks ROC!

Reactions: coolbob and Carsmak

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
B 236 came up on the Mx Minder a week ago just shy of 39,000 miles.
Found 24 bottles of DW-1 transmission fluid at a liquidators for $3 a bottle. Used 4 bottles last week on a drain and fill and repeated the drain and fill today.
Changed the engine oil with Mobil 1 synthetic Ow20 for Honda's, $22.25.
Added the fumoto valve for easier oil changes in the future.
Used the Honda A01 filter from a pack of six I picked up last year.
Mobil1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS 75W‑90 went in the transfer assembly $12.99.
Honda's VTM-4 Diff Fluid for the rear differential $29.
Changed out the cabin and engine air filter ( again from an ebay stockpile).
Topped off the windshield washer (Honda brand) and checked the antifreeze.
Replaced all 7 crush washers and picked up a couple of fluid hand pumps for the gallon and quart containers.
All other fluids look good.
Current mileage is 39,250.

Will rotate the tires and check brakes and belts on Saturday after I research how to inspect the belts?

Saved a bunch over not going to the stealership and feel good for the accomplishment.

I have a sloped driveway and used a set of steel ramps to raise up the front wheels for the oil, transmission and transfer assembly fluids. The rear does not need to be lifted to change the Rear Diff VTM-4 fluid, but I left the truck up on the ramps as it levelled my ride over the sloped driveway.

Advance Auto took the old fluids to recycle, for free :grin:

Thanks ROC!
Man that's a heck of a lot of stuff for say $120+/- (including crush washers, filters, and fluid pumps). Probably $500 at the Stealership, feels great to DIY

Any plans on brake or power steering fluid?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
Any plans on brake or power steering fluid?
Oh Boy, Thanks Carsmak. Just when I thought I was ahead :crying:

I was thinking 3 years for the brake fluid. I got my SE in Jan '15. I thought 60,000 miles was good for the Power Steering Fluid. I just found this...

'Brake fluid with moisture in it can reduce the distance of an ABS panic stop from 60 mph by 8 feet (after 3 years it gets worse). That is the main reason that they recommend it every 3 years'

'Power Steering fluid gets downright scummy after a while!'

Looks like more Ridgline time this weekend :smile:

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
I just do the Turkey baster method, on the PS Fluid, every OCI. I completely empty the reservoir, and then refill with fresh Honda Fluid, been doing this since about the 3rd OCI. I have both O-rings and a new reservoir awaiting "free" time to DIY a complete flush.

Living in the desert, I've found 4yrs is good enough, or whenever I'm doing other brake work (sooner) But FWIW, check the drivers door plate for Date of MFG, your fluid could be 3yrs old now, and I'd sure rather do it in July, in PA, than January. ;) YMMV

By no means Heli, was I suggesting more work. I was complimenting you on all you achieved, and just curious what your schedule was for the other items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Headliner replaced

Stealer said minimum of $850, could be as much as $1100 if they have to remove the front windshield. Why don't they know if the windshield has to come3 out? They have a TSB on it.

Had it done by an upholstery shop in Huntington Beach $269 out the door, and they did not have to remove the front windshield.

Looks brand new:laugh:

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,801 Posts
A little later in the year than usual but did a complete wash, clay bar, compound treatment and another wash. Hand wax followed with a detailer coat. Used all Meguiar's Ultimate Products on the body and Bondo Restore Black on the wheels. Planning on Ultimate Black on the trim tomorrow and finish by cleaning the windows. Would have got the trim and windows done today except for an unexpected call that required a 20 mile roundtrip into the mist. Murphy's law
:surprise:
Got the interior done last week.
Complete interior clean to include washing car seat covers only to find my son with his feet up on the first ride out.
:crying:

Next week I hope to throw a coat of restore black on the bed to complete the annual event :grin:

Pic is after the drive into the mist which attracted a little dust. Hard to see the shine on a white vehicle but overall I'm happy with the Meguiar's products.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Probably going to catch some flack for this accesssory but oh well. My truck has been the subject to much trash lately and with our little youngin keeping us busy it's getting harder and harder to find time to keep it as tidy as I used to. So I opted to buy one of these.

It's a glorified trash can, or as the OEM Honda Access describes it... a "Trash Receptacle".

Definitely a "JDM" accessory but it's serving its purpose well. It fits nicely on the floor in front of the center console, and because it is a genuine Honda Product, it actually matches the G1 Ridgeline's dark gray interior pretty closely. This should help capture those stray receipts and candy wrappers while not looking too outlandish with a trash ca... receptacle in the truck haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Recently added a softopper, pop n lock, and just ordered from xenondepot new H4 LED extreme headlights to replace my OEM bulbs.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Flushed brake fluid, changed oil and filter, drain and filled transmission, drain and filled differential, drain and filled transfer case, sucked out as much power steering fluid as I could through the reservoir and replaced. Changed rear brake pads.

I don't know the service history of the 2014 I just bought with 78k miles, so I figured I would do it all just to establish a baseline. It took me about 4 hours to get set up, do the work, and put everything away.

Some notes:

The worst looking fluid of all was the brake fluid. This really surprised me. On my 2006 I never changed it it 4 years of ownership and not sure it had EVER been changed.

I got about 3.75 quarts of transmission fluid out on the drain. I measured what came out and put maybe an ounce less back in.

With 78k miles I suppose the original rear brake pads could have went a bit further, but I wanted to get everything done at once so I went ahead and replaced them. I found the metal clips that go above and below didn't fit super well. These were akenbono clips and pads. There really any rust on the caliper bracket so I am not sure why they didn't immediately clip it well. I got them to sit in and then put the pads in and everything seemed ok.

I will be due for tires come winter, otherwise I hope to avoid much maintenance for awhile.

Fun day!

Started thinking and wondering what this cost me:

1) floor jack $100
2) 6 ton jack stands $35
3) Torque Wrench $20
4) 22mm socket $5
5) pump $7
6) drip pan $15
7) Diff fluid, 4 quarts tranny fluid, oil filter, washers ~$ 80
8) 2 bottles brake fluid, 1 bottle power steering fluid $12
9) 5 quarts synthetic oil, 1 bottle of gear oil $28
10) akebono brake pads $48