Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

781 - 786 of 786 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Gave the AC it's first real workout. Since I've gotten this truck it really hasn't been warm enough nor have I gone on a long enough ride to find out if it really works. Yesterday it was 82 Deg F and went on a 19 mile run to get my CCW permit. On the way there I rode with the driver window open and got 23 MPG on the way back used the AC and got 19 MPG. Just a test.
Today it's 90 Deg F (heat index of 105) and went shopping with the better half. Nice cool air, though I was wasteful and while waiting for her to come out of a store, sat at idle with max AC. Nice and cool. Now if the truck keeps this up for the next 10 years I'll be a happy camper!

Since I've had this vehicle there's been a light grey haze/fog on the interior of the windshield. I'd seen similar after I put my new dash cover on my '85 LTD using a silicone caulk. Lots of outgassing from the new material and the caulk.
So first I tried Windex, didn't touch it. Then Goof-Off Pro (that worked on the LTD) , didn't touch it. Mentioned it to the wife and she said to try straight Ammonia. That did it! The haze wasn't real obvious, you could only see it when the sun's rays hit the window just right. Glad its gone!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I used it to moved one of my extended family members into the Gorge Washington University dorms today--she starts her sophomore year--and man did she have a lot of stuff. I filled up the In-Bed Trunk, put a lot of backs in the back seat, and filled the bed with one to two layers of boxes and furniture pieces. The way my RL handled, I would say I had a good 600 lbs of dorm room goodies that I hauled into DC today. It doesn't help that it was 94 degrees with very high humidity to top it all off; a good sweaty workout to say the least.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Took it for its first long highway trip. 3.5 hours of freeway driving. Averaged between 60-73 MPH with the MPG averaged at 21.0. Nice and smooth, easy driving. Came back on State roads which can be pretty rough. Still nice and smooth, the RL has plenty of passing power so no worries there.
I'm glad I purchased this truck.

BTW if you're ever in MN visit the Pipestone National Monument. Well worth the trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Post up what you did to/with your Ridgeline today!

This can be, trips you took, mods you performed, etc. Did you wash and detail it? Let it sit all day un-driven? Commute to work in it? Install a new accessory? Do some hauling? Perform some maintenance?

Don't be shy!

---------------

This is meant to be a general thread for everyone to use. We've had some very successful threads like this on a few of the other automotive forums I've been on and it was nice to see what everyone was up to on a day to day basis with their vehicles.
had a Alpine ilx 650 touch screen installed today already love it

781 - 786 of 786 Posts
About this Discussion
785 Replies
206 Participants
McChizzle
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing