Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
went to an out door range on Friday. Needed to get familiar with my new 9MM
One mile of dirt road and deep ruts into the woods. Rained all day and night before and was still raining when I got there. SUPER muddy and ruts filled with water. No car would have made it, (except a suby)
Glad I had the RL. I actually selected mud mode as I was slipping a lot. That was my first "Off road" experience with it.
I didn't buy the RL to do this specifically but I was glad I had it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Today - 13 cement form tubes (10 inch and some slid inside each other) and 2 ea 4 x 6 x 8s because I like to move around heavy crap that is oddly shaped.

Ratchet strap through the middle of the last tube to avoid disaster (at $11 per tube).

IMG_20200628_161943.jpg

·
Registered
967 Posts
By the way, here is the squat with a well distributed 1,000 lb load in bed.

Not bad and G2 doesn't struggle as most are aware.
20200702_131115.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been shopping for a dog. I wanted a cross between a German Shorthaired Pointer and a Labrador Retriever. They make good pets and can be great hunter/pointer/retriever dogs. I was in contact with a guy from Ohio who had a female 9 weeks old. Since I live in Florida that was too far to drive. But, . . . He just happened to be headed to Alabama on business. So on a spur of the moment decision, my wife and I made a 400-mile trip and met up with the guy! we did some backroad driving in North GA, TN and AL. The longest trip so far and it was a great ride!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,283 Posts
I've been shopping for a dog. I wanted a cross between a German Shorthaired Pointer and a Labrador Retriever. They make good pets and can be great hunter/pointer/retriever dogs. I was in contact with a guy from Ohio who had a female 9 weeks old. Since I live in Florida that was too far to drive. But, . . . He just happened to be headed to Alabama on business. So on a spur of the moment decision, my wife and I made a 400-mile trip and met up with the guy! we did some backroad driving in North GA, TN and AL. The longest trip so far and it was a great ride!
So tell us about the dog!

Reactions: DOB

·
Registered
3 Posts
So tell us about the dog!
25years ago we had a dog that was from an oops litter. She was an unintentional coupling between a black lab and a german short-haired pointer. The best dog we ever had. We had to let someone else take her because we moved from Florida to Texas and we couldn't keep her where we were living. Fast forward all these years and we moved back to Florida and a place where I could keep a dog. I discovered that the german short-haired/lab mix is a desirable hybrid not only as a pet but as a hunting dog. They are intelligent and high energy so they can get bored easily but they are fun if you can devote the time to work with them. Right now she is 9 weeks old. she doesn't do much more than eat, poo, pee, chew, and sleep; none of them predictably.

I get kidded a lot that the Ridgeline is not a "real" truck, but that is a part of the package; I'm not a real farmer/rancher either. While they work with their hands, I work with my brain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
25years ago we had a dog that was from an oops litter. She was an unintentional coupling between a black lab and a german short-haired pointer. The best dog we ever had. We had to let someone else take her because we moved from Florida to Texas and we couldn't keep her where we were living. Fast forward all these years and we moved back to Florida and a place where I could keep a dog. I discovered that the german short-haired/lab mix is a desirable hybrid not only as a pet but as a hunting dog. They are intelligent and high energy so they can get bored easily but they are fun if you can devote the time to work with them. Right now she is 9 weeks old. she doesn't do much more than eat, poo, pee, chew, and sleep; none of them predictably.

I get kidded a lot that the Ridgeline is not a "real" truck, but that is a part of the package; I'm not a real farmer/rancher either. While they work with their hands, I work with my brain.
The most important thing to keep in shape :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Drove to Pittsburgh to work on some network gear. Nice day for a ride. Hopefully I'm not dodging pop up T-storms all the way home

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Relocated this guy to a nearby forest before heading out on a business trip in the RL. Second one in the past month I had to use my SUV for the first one (pre-Ridgeline) with a trailer, Man, it was nice to have a truck this time. Took him to his new home, and then took off for work without having to deal with a utility trailer.

View attachment 403323 t
A familiar scene for me. Transported 8-10 of them over a year or so in my G1; none in the G2 yet.

How do you release them? I'd tie a rope to the trap handle, sit in the truck, pull and the 'coon would scamper away. "Safety first"!

Always amazed at how calm they seem through all that.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
went to an out door range on Friday. Needed to get familiar with my new 9MM
One mile of dirt road and deep ruts into the woods. Rained all day and night before and was still raining when I got there. SUPER muddy and ruts filled with water. No car would have made it, (except a suby)
Glad I had the RL. I actually selected mud mode as I was slipping a lot. That was my first "Off road" experience with it.
I didn't buy the RL to do this specifically but I was glad I had it.
Same - not planning to off-road, but handy when the situation materializes.

What 9mm did you get? Just considering my own options now, so curious.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts