Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi

Votes: 1 1.5%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the big question is how much market share this truck will steal from other companies, lets take a pole of what you use to drive :) Add all affiliated companies in with the proper company...if I forget any company please remind me :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
the kid said:
...lets take a pole...
A pole? Just how young ARE you, kid?

Well, we were going to buy a Pilot when we heard the Ridge was coming. So it HELPED Honda--we spent much more on the truck than we'd have spent on the Pilot! But we are moving-on from a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

We also considered a Tahoe, but in the end decided w/gas prices being what they are, and the lotsa driving we have to do, that a smaller, more fuel efficient vehicle was needed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes thats what i said a pole hahaha ;) Well im 21 (but almost 22) :D And I do work for Honda but not in that capacity, in case you were wondering ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have been driving work vans for the last 20 years, filled up with carpet cleaning equipment. This is the first time in maybe 25 years I have had my own personal vehicle. Still have the GMC van

·
Registered
648 Posts
'98 Ford Ranger X-cab XLT 4x4 with 104,000 mi. Never had any problems. Will keep it for the rough stuff. Will pick up our steel blue RT on monday. :eek:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Talk about a "change" in vehicles...I was driving a 2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty 4x4 Lariet Package with the diesel engine package with a ARE "Hi-Raise" fiberglass topper. I ordered this truck new and added quite a few "toys". Thought it probably be the last, or at least, next to the last vehicle I would have in my lifetime since my last Ford (1980 F-150) lasted over 262,000 miles and twenty years...Damn, was I disappointed. This truck was nothing but a headache, thank God I had bought the Ford Extended Service Warranty. Ford "lost" their butt on this truck!!! Hope or maybe should say, "Pray this Honda is all I hope it should be!" Have always been very happy with other Honda products that I have purchased in the past but have never had a Honda vehicle other then motorcycles (350 4x4 TRX - 400 4x4 TRX - 500 Rubicon- 200 ER - 600 Shadow - Goldwing SEL - Honda powered pressure washer) Never, ever had one bit of trouble with any of the above listed items!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was all set to go Tacoma. I saw the Ridge coming with the AWD I wanted but I wasn't sure about the looks. Saw it in person and drove it. It had everything and drove like a car. I was the first one to buy at my dealership. Went from Camry to Ridge. I needed something that I could do everyting in and not feel like I was sitting in my living room. Don't get me wrong, love Toyota also but this was it. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I traded my 2003 Honda CRV in on my Ridge. The CRV was OK it got me around but didn't have near the capcity I needed in a vehicle plus it was only a 4 banger. :p

·
Registered
349 Posts
99 Chevy Silverado. I have been following the ridge since it was a concept. I saw the concept and said if they build that I'll get one. They did & I did. I was real close to getting the new tacoma when they announced the ridge was coming. I got the very 1st one in our area the day they arrived.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Dodge Durango. 5,500 lbs. of lumbering SUV at 16 MPG. Loved it for what it was. A big powerfull safe pig.

The ride by switching to the Ridge is like switching to a sports car. The gas milage complainers in other threads get no sympathy from me. I was a little worried about towing my boat with a 6 vs. an 8 cylinder but not any more. The Ridge shifts down one gear and pulls smoothly up hills at a quiet 3000 rpm at around 65 MPH.

Don't miss the Durango at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like analysis of the first thirty people to vote shows that this truck isn't just for "HONDA" people. I think this truck will affect Toyota the most...any other opinions on what you are seeing?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am coming from an Audi S4 and Mercedes E320. Audi is sold, Benz is currently for sale (www.ahlo.com).

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had 2 Tacomas and a 4-runner before. Toyota has treated me well. But thet dropped the ball with the new Tacoma. I was looking at those and liked the style..but they left out a lot or you couldn't get it in your area. They are selling a vehicle that is more like a car...but, no leather, no moonroof, hard to get side air bags and good stereo....no sale for me.

I am not as thrilled with the Honda styling but I bought it for the features. What is up with Honda designers? I always feel like they are just a little off. When my Honda gets here I hope it treats me as well as my Toyotas did. I had ZERO problems with all.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'll bet the Taco gets a major redesign soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hope to have mine by the middle of May. I drive a Ford Sport-Trac. No problems with the vehicle. But I want a more smooth ride. Got spoiled on with my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee. Just to nice compared to the Trac.
So now its my turn to get the ride I deserve and still meet the needs of my business.
I have owned 3 Honda cars. All were great. All had great resale. I have no problem with buying a Honda, and the looks just make me want it more. I like to own things that are cutting edge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To reply to maybearidge's comment on missing styling...I saw the 2006 civic today at work...I am the last person who would ever drive one but man it's goin to sell like crazy, its got great styling and more power. I like to drive what no one else has...everyone is going to want the new civic...and this is why I drive an s2000, in canada they are very rare.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't you think that any Acura is better looking than it's Honda cousin? Maybe that is on purpose, but Nissans seem to be as nice, but different looking as Infinity...don't you think?? It seems like the Honda designers stop after afew strokes on the clay block....thye are just too plain or something. It is hard to put your finger on it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Traded in a Sebring Convertible for the Ridgeline (salesperson was trying to convience me I nedded the sunroof - I told her, "after the convertible, what is that little opening going to do for me!?" - nothing against sunroofs.)

Before the Sebring was a Mazda Miata. Before that was a 1988 Honda Prelude with 4 wheel steering - That's correct, both front and rear wheels steer!! That car was such a kick to drive, I couldn't trade it in. Still have it at the farm - I'm teaching my daughters to drive with it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts