Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you own / Drive before you purchased a Ridgeline? Why did you decide to buy? Do your friends like or dislike your Ridgeline?:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Traded 2 vehicles for the Ridge... My wife's 1996 Odyssey (She drives the Ridge) and my 1990 Suburban. People who have actually looked at the Ridge and better yet, ridden in it love it. Those who consider only the fact its a Honda hate it. My die-hard Ford fanatic father-in-law thinks its great! We bought because 6 mpg in my Suburban (454... Ouch) was painful and I needed an open bed to haul things like my lawnmower. The van was outdated on safety equipment as well, so it was time for something new! :eek:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey, there's another thread on this same topic, but, here you go:
I drove a '99 Durango, and I traded it in at 140k miles. I bought the Ridge because I've always been a fan of Honda, but they've never had a vehicle that was large enough for me until the Pilot and the Ridgeline. I'd had an SUV, so it was time for a pickup.

I tell my friends that if they don't like it, they can buy me the truck of their choice. And then I get them in for a short ride - after which they're most likely to say "Holy S#!T!!! Can I have one?"

There is not another truck out there that hauls so much, does it so well, and rides so very smoothly at all other times. So go have fun with it. ;-)

·
Registered
580 Posts
This is what I had. 2003 Jaguar X-Type. I really liked that car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am new to the site & own a Thirsty (13 MPG) 1999 Ford Expedition. My wife has a 2003 Honda Pilot. I enjoy driving her Pilot. The ride is smooth with the IRS & the quality is very nice. We have not had any problems and I love the way it drives like a car. The only thing wrong is the road noise. Currently I would love to purchase a pre-owned Ridgeline but with 2 kids & a mortgage it has to wait. My truck is paid off but I can not stand filling up with gas.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I drove a 1997 4Runner for ten years before I bought my RL. I sold it to my brother-in-law who works for U.S. Customs in El Paso. He says it's a great vehicle for out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Before the Ridge, I was driving a '96 Windstar closing in on 200,000 miles. Got the Ridgeline because I needed a truck for hunting, but the other 99% of the time I wanted a comfy ride for my work commute with enough room to haul the kids around to their activities. :D

Didn't really want a full-size pickup with it's large "footprint" and the V8 it comes with (although the gas mileage difference in town isn't that much). Love the fact that the Ridgeline is FWD most of the time...don't have to worry about that light back end during rain and what little snow we get.

In short, I'm the "target demographic" for the Ridgeline....40-something suburban male with kids who needs occasional hauling capability.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
the ridge actually replaced 2) vehicles for me, which is really amazing.

had an 04' civic Si for summer, and a 96' lifted tahoe for winter and towing

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had a 2004 Nissan Titan, one of the first ones made. I had the brake judder problem, leaking rear seals, and a noticeable whine in the rear end just when I got rid of it. That thing would scoot, and had one of the smoothest transmissions I have ever driven in it, and it towed like a dream. But, little things like poor chrome on plastic, small things breaking, and the rear end sent me packing. Nissan refused to fix the leaking rear seals at 59,000 miles, So, I am in a Ridgeline. I heard word that they wer going to stop making the Titan, but can't seem to find any concrete evidence of it online. I told them I hoped it was worth $247 dollars for me to never consider an Nissan again!

·
Registered
219 Posts
we had a 1998 Ford Expadition, loved that truck, sucked gas though.

i cannot currently find a picture, i know i have some, i will post them later when i find them, it was red in color with gold pinstriping, all stock nothing special.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
we had a 1998 Ford Expadition, loved that truck, sucked gas though.
Same here, still have it because I can't get anyone to buy it. Here are pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I traded my 2001 Ford Escape (3.0 V6) for the Ridgeline. The Escape had 145,000 miles on it when I traded it in. The Escape was the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) car that I have ever owned. Only minor routine repairs like brakes, light bulbs, wipers, tires, and services. I hope the Ridgeline can deliver a similar level of operability at a similarly low cost.

·
Registered
67 Posts
2000 Hyundai Tiburon.--- The red dragon.. Bought it while in college to make sure I would have something to get me there. Sold it privately when before I bought the RL. Man, I didn't know i had such a girl car until people started calling to ask about it, all women...!! Must of looked really dumb driving that thing around for 8 years...

1 - 20 of 124 Posts
About this Discussion
123 Replies
102 Participants
McChizzle
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing