Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
The RL is the wifes before that she had a 2004 Pilot EX before that a 2000 C-RV before that a 98 Accord EX (stolen) before that a 94 Accord SE and before that an 88 Acura Integra (we like Hondas). I've had 3 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L's since 94, good little trucks that are basically trouble-free (good thing too because our local Ford dealers really suck) that have gotten me to work & Home Depot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I traded in my 2006 Mustang GT vert on my Ridgeline. I was always a fan of the RL, but they never had any deals on them. Saved me $150/month in car payments and saved me $15/month on car insurance, and I don't have to put 93 octane in her. Here are some pics of my car I traded in.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Jeebers!! That is a nice Musty, Love the color...

I traded in a fully loaded Exploder sport 4x4.. Good move on my behalf.. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, that certainly is a nice looking Mustang. I've got a '97 Roush still sitting in my garage. Anyways, my daily drive, prior to the Ridgeline, was a 2000 Durango that I grew tired of. Actually, it was costing alot to continually give it a drink, so I had plans on purchasing a Pilot. The dealership had a demo Ridgeline that was on their showroom floor that I absolutely fell in love with and the rest is history.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had a fun ride, a 2001 Ford Lightning (supercharged w/380Hp) but needed more space, was moving to AZ and would be taking a lot of trips.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
22,532 Posts
My wife drives a 2006 Honda Pilot EXL-Res and we love it. It's our 2nd Pilot.

I had a 1998 Toyota T100 4x4 SR5 which met an untimely end about 10 days ago... which forced the issue of getting another vehicle. Other than fuel mileage, I have long admired the RL.

The gray Honda Accord in the background tagged me hard in the rear which drove me into the guy in front of me. The T100 was totaled.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,532 Posts
The T100 did a magnificient job of sacrificing itself to save me. Sadly, it only had about 125k on it at the time and I bought it new 10 years ago. I fully expected another 20 years+ out of it.

I was driving with my left hand and had my cell phone in my right hand when I got hit during hard braking. I somehow managed to crack/break the knuckle on my left little finger and got small rug burns on my left elbow and left knee where they contacted the left door fabric during the crash. Amazingly, there was no soreness anywhere else at all.

The airbag deployed, but I didn't realize it until we had come to a stop. I was turned nearly 180* by the Accord who hit my left rear as he tried to swerve to miss me.

Frankly, I was amazed at how well protected I was. There's something to be said for driving a vehicle that sits up high and can take a solid hit like that. And from what I've seen here, it looks like the RL is equal or better able to do so.

I can post a link to a page on Picasa if anyone wants to see more of the carnage.

IAC, I am delighted with my new RL and already have a few items ordered:
1) rear splash guards
2) rear cargo tray
3) in-bed trunk carpet
4) door edge guards

I'm eyeing that ScanGuageII pretty hard... but have to hold off on some of the goodies for now.

Here's my T100's instrument cluster (full tank of gas!) and the Honda that hit me.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, I really don't get these comments complaining about the MPG's of the RL. Its a truck. Truck MPG suck, regardless of the brand.

I'm getting anywhere from 16.5-20 mpg so far, with only 1350 miles. The 16.5 would be my normal drive to work, with some unusual bumper to bumper when heading to Miller Park.

Came from an 05 Dodge Ram Quad Cab, which would get 13.5 on the same trip to work. So I'm pretty happy getting +3mpg, and the truck isn't even broken in yet!

·
Super Moderator
22,532 Posts
With reference to the fuel mileage, it was a concern as I was considering what vehicle to get... especially with $4/gallon gas. I was also in a time crunch as my rental car was going to have to be returned soon too.

I considered basic cars with a manual tranny, vans (Sienna/Odyssey) and smaller trucks. In the end, I couldn't get away from wanting to keep a truck (I like the view up high), but I definitely had to have 4 doors. My only options under consideration were the RL and the crew cab Taco 4x4.

My old T100 was advertised at 16/17 city/highway mileage and with a 24 gallon tank, I knew what it cost to fill up and operate that vehicle. Realistically, I found the city mileage fairly close but I could easily get 20+ mpg on the road with the T. I don't expect any improvements over that with the RL, but will be delighted to see otherwise.

I liked the refined civility of the RL and with the current incentives, Toyota couldn't touch the RL deal I was able to swing. So it became a no-brainer as to which vehicle to get.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Two Chevrolet half tons.

1991 ext cab. Drove it for 9 years and 385K miles. It was stolen three time...hey it's California. Gave it to my daughter, she used it at college and med school for 7 years and sold it for $2,750 at 430K.
One tranny and one rear end were the only major repairs. It was a GOOD truck.

2000 Ext cab. Still with the daughter at 220K.

Hope the Ridgeline will fare as well;).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Replaced two Toyotas with one Ridgeline.

I had a 2002 Tundra V8 TRD access cab model with 60,000 miles.
Wife had a 2004 Toyota Solara V6 with 30,000 miles.

We both retired and wanted to get down to one car.

The Solara was too small, and no fun at all.

My wife wouldn't drive the Tundra. The Cap made it hard to back up.

My wife wanted an SUV. I wanted another pickup. The Ridgeline filled our needs perfectly. She got her SUV. I got my pickup.

2008 RTS. We love it. No downside at all.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Before my Ridgeline, I had a 2001 Acura Integra 2-door SE. It's quite possible that I will again, but with a little baby, its becoming more complicated. I needed a vehicle much functional. My first idea was a magnificent Acura TL 04 and up, but after thinking, the Ridgeline was a better choice. I love my Ridgeline:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two different Subaru Outbacks - before that, a Subaru SVX. We live up in the Sierra, and the Outback couldn't make it the snow was over 9" deep. Also, no locking rear dif. I drive 100 mi/day round trip and get 20mpg. 80k miles of mountain driving on original brakes! Liked the Ridge so much we bought a Pilot for my wife.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had a 2001 Honda Passport that was my wife's before we got married. After we got married we bought an 06 Accord, that's her's. Liked the Passport, but I love the '07 RTX!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I had a 2001 Honda Passport that was my wife's before we got married. After we got married we bought an 06 Accord, that's her's. Liked the Passport, but I love the '07 RTX!
I think you mean an Isuzu Rodeo;)

I had a 2003 Honda Pilot. Was a pretty good SUV but I missed my Xterra when it came to taking it off-road

81 - 100 of 124 Posts
About this Discussion
123 Replies
102 Participants
McChizzle
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing