Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What did you own / Drive before you purchased a Ridgeline? Why did you decide to buy? Do your friends like or dislike your Ridgeline?:D
I had a 2016 Nissan fronter biggest piece of junk ever. It was a lease three year I turned it in five months early it had 12.545 miles on it did not even come close to my 36.000 miles I was to have.Drove the Honda my wife and me loved the way it drives we don’t haul anything big at all.went to my Honda dealer he said they would take my nissan for there used lot wanted the black RTLE they had it told them cash deal the next day drove off the lot I have had it two months now and only put 75 miles on it but love the ride.o mine is a 2019 and my wife drives a 2019 VW tigon she like that a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts

This is the car I had before the Ridgeline. I love her, but I can’t haul in her, so I Ripken’d at 203,000 miles. I never had a car with a higher smiles/gallon rating.

For those who don’t know, the Orioles moved Cal Jr. from shortstop to 3rd base because he was starting to have back problems. Moving him to 3rd extended his career. The Charger went from my daily driver to my weekend car to extend her career.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I drove a 1993 Sc300 for 13 years before I got my 2017 RL. I loved that thing and it was an awesome 1st car! Hauled dozens of boxes of spring chicks, a few hundred lbs of bagged feed at a time and my first bottle lambs came home in the front seat! I may have also hauled a few pieces of lumber sticking out the moon roof as well... It had a 300lb load limit despite 4 seats which meant it was pretty much always over loaded if I had anyone other than myself in the car. Eventually the lambs grew up and I needed a real hauling vehicle as I got tired of asking my dad to take me to the feed store because hay was nearly impossible to get out of the carpeted trunk. Now it's been nearly 3 years with the truck and I'm loving it!! If I had gotten a truck for my first vehicle, one can only wonder how much MORE trouble I'd have gotten into... heck I might have ended up with a horse or something. LOL

Here she was all shined up at 24 years old before she went to a new home with an enthusiast. She was one of the best looking cars of her vintage that was nearly all stock and not riced out/modified or abused via the drifting scene.

The SC and RL lived together for about 4 months. I would have to say it was quite the change in driving position/style. Driving an extra half ton around felt safer and being able to see around corners due to hedges was quite the nice change! A real bonus was that the truck got better MPGs and did not require premium fuel!

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Prior to my 2009 RTL, I had a 1996 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT, 4x4, regular-cab, short-box in forest green. I loved that truck but it was not built to last; it just disintegrated when it hit 100,000 miles and after 14 years it became hard to find good replacement parts.

I also had a 2002 C5 Corvette Coupe with the six-speed manual, transparent targa top, and upgraded rims in electric blue. That car was fun but was a maintenance nightmare; at every oil change I had a major item to repair. It just got too expensive to own. It was fun while it lasted but good riddens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2009 Ford F-150 Lariat Scab. It only has 140,000K on it but it is now the Grandsons and hopefully he will get a lot of mileage
out of it..but he's a teenager so you know how that goes

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had an Odyssey since December 2005. Most recently we had an 07 Odyssey that my husband and I bought used to bridge a gap. It failed a few months earlier than we would have liked but we were ready. The Odysseys convinced us to continue to be Honda owders though. We also have a 1994 Ford, f250 that we have used as a farm truck for the last 10 years. We are glad to be getting rid of it as it's a real beater. It was our second Ford truck and we have gotten our money's worth from both but the ride of the Ridgeline beats any truck I have ridden in.
A good friend owns a 2008 Ridgeline and we have been talking her up all summer. She pulls a 14 ft Jayco trailer for camping and if 2 ladies in their 60s can do it then this lady can too. We won't be pulling a camper anytime soon but we do have a pony trailer that we use for hay and goats.
As much as I loved the Odyssey we no longer need a minivan. We did want to have cargo space and comfort for long drives. To be honest I don't like the rear space of the Pilot and getting a Ridgeline would allow us to get rid of our 3rd vehicle. The beater mentioned above. We chose the Ridgeline over the Pilot because of the cargo space and what I consider a truck that rides like a car. Owning a farm requires a truck of some sort even it it only has a 5 ft bed :)
Only two days in but it feels great!

·
Registered
135 Posts
What did you own / Drive before you purchased a Ridgeline? Why did you decide to buy? Do your friends like or dislike your Ridgeline?:D
before I bought my new 2006 Ridgeline I had a Ford 150. when I sold my 06 Ridgeline I bought my 2018 Ridgeline.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had a 99 F150 and an 06 CRV. My kids are now driving them so I bought the 19 Ridgeline for myself. It’s the perfect combination of the two vehicles...

Most people that know me say it fits me perfect.
But they are also people that have big jacked up 4x4’s....
So to each his own. 😂

·
Registered
47 Posts
2007 4x4 toyota tacoma. Most reliable vehicle ever. Most uncomfortable vehicle ever. I have owned Ford F150. Horrible. Had a Chevy piece of s--t truck. Have had many others. My 2019 is the nicest ever. Hope it holds up like the Toyota.

·
Registered
493 Posts
before I bought my new 2006 Ridgeline I had a Ford 150. when I sold my 06 Ridgeline I bought my 2018 Ridgeline.
Any thoughts on the 2018 vs. the 2006? I'm looking at trading or selling my 2007 to get a 2009 while the year-end pricing is in effect.

Not sure about the shallow bed, though it'd be easer to reach items next to the cab. Also the rear door opening size and legroom concerns me some. On the + side, when we test drove my wife said she'd be comfortable driving it, as it doesn't seem so "big" (though it actually is, lol).

Thanks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Drove a red CR-V EX that I bought new in 2002 (the year of the big re-do) - one of the three best vehicles I've ever had, the others being a 1974 Toyota Celica ST (bought used in college) and the 2007 Ridgeline I bought in 2011 with 49k on it. My son drove the CR-V in college until 2014 - sold it and put the $ toward a new Civic.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Any thoughts on the 2018 vs. the 2006? I'm looking at trading or selling my 2007 to get a 2009 while the year-end pricing is in effect.

Not sure about the shallow bed, though it'd be easer to reach items next to the cab. Also the rear door opening size and legroom concerns me some. On the + side, when we test drove my wife said she'd be comfortable driving it, as it doesn't seem so "big" (though it actually is, lol).

Thanks.
The rear door opening can be fixed for about $30. Waiting on mine to arrive now. Should give the rear doors about five extra inches from what I’ve seen. Just install a set of front door stoppers on the rears. Don’t ask me why Honda shorten the stoppers on the rear..
Only reason I can come up with is so that they don’t stick out further than the front doors. Beyond that I’m clueless. But I’m about to fix mine. 2019 RT

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
The rear door opening can be fixed for about $30. Waiting on mine to arrive now. Should give the rear doors about five extra inches from what I’ve seen. Just install a set of front door stoppers on the rears. Don’t ask me why Honda shorten the stoppers on the rear..
Only reason I can come up with is so that they don’t stick out further than the front doors. Beyond that I’m clueless. But I’m about to fix mine. 2019 RT
That "fix" only improves what is already a bad rear-door opening. You still have the problem with the frame limiting ingress/egress of the back seat. There is quite a difference in rear-door openings between the Gen1 and the Gen2, it's startelling.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That "fix" only improves what is already a bad rear-door opening. You still have the problem with the frame limiting ingress/egress of the back seat. There is quite a difference in rear-door openings between the Gen1 and the Gen2, it's startelling.
This is my first Ridgeline. Wasn’t comparing the G1 to the G2. Only commenting on the rear door fixed.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
This is my first Ridgeline. Wasn’t comparing the G1 to the G2. Only commenting on the rear door fixed.
It is just an example that the rear-door opening is built too small for most people and resembles what we see if extended cabs. Once inside the Gen2, the room is adequate if the driver/front passenger move their seats up (that's normal for mid-size trucks), but getting people and things in and out is the problem compared to other crew cabs, even with the door stopper mod (which helps but does not fix the root problem, the door frame).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up a 2006 Ridgeline. So far I love it! I own two CRX's , one Element , one 2006 CRV and a Ranger. Can't wait to mod the Ridgeline :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
My just-purchased 2019 RTL is a single vehicle filling the roles of two: I sold my GMC Sierra pickup and my Chrysler minivan, replacing them with the Honda.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1999 Honda Accord V6
Bought stock, over the course of owning and driving it for 14 years it saw many different mods. Ended with a j32a2 from an 03 TLs and a 6mt out of an 04 Accord...

Still sits in the garage. Sadly just sitting there...

121 - 140 of 144 Posts