Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Actual prices paid ONLY - comments will be deleted

710K views 2K replies 933 participants last post by  steve44 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
As some of us prepare to enter negotiations with dealers, it would be really helpful to share some key information here to help others:

(YYYY)Trim Level (RT, RTS, Sport, RTL, RTL-T, RTL-E, Black Edition)
Exterior Color
City (County) and State of Purchase
Final Price Before Tax and Trade-in
Incentives and Discounts​
Trade-in Involved (yes/no)

Reason to ask if there is a trade-in involved is that makes it really hard to determine the actual price paid for the new vehicle. Getting some sense of whether people are paying MSRP, above, or below, especially where no trade-in is involved, will help others in their negotiations.

Thanks!

#1,400 ·
Friend of mine bought a 2018 Ford F-150 STX, very base model like. No driving suite fancy interior etc. traded in his 2013 Subaru Outback in on it that was fully loaded with driving suite nice interior all the bells and whistles. Once he saw the Ridgeline Black Edition he came to realize all of the things he gave up for a base model F-150 he had me meet him at the dealer where he traded in his Ford for a 2019 RTL-E and he is now making payments on a $52k loan for a truck he paid less than 40k for. Upside down on the Ford nearly $13k. I was blown away by this financial decision, but he said he wasn’t satisfied and wanted to get out from under the Ford before he lost any more money on it. Can’t say I blame him for that.

#1,401 ·
Very interesting, the STX has always been in my head. In 2018 you could get a leftover for close to 30k. I ran into a parent of one of my daughter's childhood friends at the dump last week and he as an STX. I asked him about it and he loves it. It's a lease so he has another year left. He had a Tundra before that which he owned outright. He liked that as well but he said the MPG's were really bad. He said he gets 23 in the STX. He has had Odysseys and currently has a Pilot Elite a CRV and an HRV. He said for the next truck when he doesn't have to move his daughters around to college he would get a Colorado. I didn't ask him why not a RL? Parked next to my RL, the RL looked more than 3/4, more like 7/8 of the STX. STX was noticeably higher though. I think there is something to be said for a red carpet lease on the Ford.

#1,402 ·
First time post, first time RL owner. I'd liek to thank everyone as this thread has been really helpful. I just picked up my RTL-E - Price before tax and license in MN $36,305 + $100 doc fee. I used the Costco Auto buying program to get the ball rolling, along with the dealer incentives and got a little more off that. Not many RTL-E's left around here so it seems like the incentives are working and they're selling them off. My dealer had 7 RTL-E's a week ago now they are down to one.

#1,409 ·
Moderator's note: To minimize "thread bloat" going forward and make it easier for others to see what buyers have been paying, please limit your post content to the price you paid. Please do not post comments, opinions, recommendations, buying strategies, reviews, etc. Posts that contain additional or off-topic content may be edited, moved, or deleted.

Reactions: Carsmak
#1,414 ·
For everyone posting here, do NOT post OTD pricing.
The OTD price is meaningless in a forum like this that spans the country (and world).

Include all of the costs you pay to the dealer (vehicle price, destination, doc fees, accessories, add-ons, warranties, ect).
But do NOT include any of the fees charged by your state/locality (sales tax, tags, title, registration fees, ect.)

#1,415 · (Edited)
This is a brand new sight unseen black edition 2019. Its build date is 16 months ago and I’m going to get it tomorrow assuming I don’t see any problems. Hate that it’s that old but it’s apparently not been driven other than the hour on the road to move it from the dealership it was at.

2019 black edition new including destination: $37226.02
Roof rails installed and door checks: $430
PA Tax: $2259
Title/registration: $167
Documentary fee $144
Temporary registration plate fee: $32
PA online registration fee: $16.97

So assuming the car is ok for being so “old” even though it’s new, I do ok? I know I added some info that is local but hopefully itemized enough to help you out.

Basic summary:
Car: $36181
Destination: $1045?
Accessories: $430
Tax: $2259
PA misc fees: $370
OTD: $40285

#1,428 · (Edited)
2019 RTL AWD
Silver w/ black interior
Built 09/19
$31,273
+$249 dealer fee
=$31,522 before tax/title/license.
0.9% Honda financing

They tried the we added wheel locks and splash guards + $289, I said throw them in or take them off. They did actually pull off the wheel locks, but left me with the splash guards for no extra charge.

Edit:. The transaction did occur today, 11/11/2019