Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

661 - 680 of 1441 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I had a dealership 45 minutes away advertising an E at $39,076. My local dealer 15 minutes away matched that price and he has the color I wanted coming in next week. I am very happy with my deal and it includes 3 year 36k service. I have been a customer for the last 17 years and will be for a long time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #662
I had invoice pricing available to me for RTL-E and the BE sitting on their lot too... whatever I wanted, "choose" they said.
In your earlier post, you said it went like this (quoting your post below). Sorry, but I'm not buying your brag.

=====

In my RL buying experience...

Me:
"Hi, I'm calling in regard to the white RTL-T Ridgeline you have. I'll be up in 15 min. to buy it if I can have it at invoice"

Salesman:
"I'll confirm it's available and pricing, I'll be right back"

(2min hold time).

"Yes, it's available. Price is OK. You'll be up in 15 min then?"

Me:
"Yes. Great. See you soon"

That's was 5 min duration... (call it negotiating if you may)

·
Registered
242 Posts
In your earlier post, you said it went like this (quoting your post below). Sorry, but I'm not buying your brag.

=====

In my RL buying experience...

Me:
"Hi, I'm calling in regard to the white RTL-T Ridgeline you have. I'll be up in 15 min. to buy it if I can have it at invoice"

Salesman:
"I'll confirm it's available and pricing, I'll be right back"

(2min hold time).

"Yes, it's available. Price is OK. You'll be up in 15 min then?"

Me:
"Yes. Great. See you soon"

That's was 5 min duration... (call it negotiating if you may)
Correct... i got there and they tried up selling me the RTL-E and BE. "You can have these at invoice as well. Your choice"

That was me sharing my experience and informing others not to be manipulated by all the BS dealers say to milk money from consumers. Not bragging

·
Registered
991 Posts
Each year Canadian TV network CTV works with the APA to test out dealerships, repair shops, etc. This year's program on new car dealer advertisements aired last night. I believe this is available across the border.

CTV W5

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is anyone getting any "deals" on the accessories?
I am leaning heavily towards getting a ridgeline, and will probably get the bed extender, and possibly the tonneau cover

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am leaning heavily towards getting a ridgeline, and will probably get the bed extender, and possibly the tonneau cover
if they don't discount it at time of purchase of truck. just shop online or ebay (lots of honda dealers sell items on there)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
Correct... i got there and they tried up selling me the RTL-E and BE. "You can have these at invoice as well. Your choice"
OK. Would you mind sharing the name of the dealer? Others could certainly benefit by your experience if this dealer is willing to sell at invoice based on a simple phone call.

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK. Would you mind sharing the name of the dealer? Others could certainly benefit by your experience if this dealer is willing to sell at invoice based on a simple phone call.
Anyone willing to come to Pittsburgh, PM me. Happy to help you out.

Since you have a problem believing my one-phone-call Ridgeline sales story... I guess you really wouldn't believe my wife getting $2,000 below invoice on her new 2016 CR-V then? Via one inquiry e-mail?

Ha-ha

Really though? What's the beef? Why do you have an issue? I hate anyone getting ripped off on pricing for a cell-phone-case all the way through a home. Just want to inform people of the best they can do.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I picked my truck up in January, but went back to the dealer last week to add a couple of accessories:

Body Side Molding:
Bernardi: US$157.95
Brochure: C$246.23
I paid: C$200.25 installed

Illuminated Door Sill Trim:
Bernardi: US$210.60
Brochure: C$396.47
I paid: C$223.97 installed

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked my truck up in January, but went back to the dealer last week to add a couple of accessories:

Body Side Molding:
Bernardi: US$157.95
Brochure: C$246.23
I paid: C$200.25 installed

Illuminated Door Sill Trim:
Bernardi: US$210.60
Brochure: C$396.47
I paid: C$223.97 installed
So you bought the accessories from the dealer, and basically had them match Bernardi pricing? Im sure this will vary dealer to dealer

·
Registered
991 Posts
So you bought the accessories from the dealer, and basically had them match Bernardi pricing? Im sure this will vary dealer to dealer
That was the pricing they quoted me. I didn't look at Bernari pricing until this afternoon when I posted. Just looked out of interest in comparing. I knew the MSRP in the brochure, but not what they were actually selling for. Note these are Canadian prices as well, so about 1/3 lower when converted to US bucks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The beef is making others feel dumb, without providing any evidence, other than your say so. I might also ask, why not share the name of the dealer?
You're the only one who claimed that... lol :wink:

As I stated (and you removed from the quote..." I hate anyone getting ripped off on pricing for a cell-phone-case all the way through a home. Just want to inform people of the best they can do. ")

Again as I said, anyone who wants buy in the Pittsburgh market can PM me. Happy to help them out and direct them accordingly. If you want to take up your time and investigate dealerships... Google our Honda dealers and start making calls. I'm sure mine wasn't the only one with the pricing.

Really man? Why the bitterness? My apologies if my communication of aiding others save some money isn't sensitive enough to you.

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
Anybody pay all or part by credit card?
When my son bought his used 4-Runner the Toyota dealer told us it was "illegal" to take a credit card as down payment. We should have left right then. I can see the dealer's rationale, just another piece of the available credit pie. However, I do not believe it is "illegal."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any recent Canadian deal data available? I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.
Let us know what you find. i can't seem to cut a deal since my honda dealers don't move much off msrp. Thanks Honda, ill keep my money tell some deals come around :act027:

661 - 680 of 1441 Posts