1 Posts
Phoenix Arizona:
2019 RTL AWD in Forest Mist
MSRP + Delivery: $37,815
Dealer Cost (invoice + delivery - holdback): $33,922
Price: $31,544
Docs: $499
Tint: $499
No other fees except taxes and state mandated fees. I also got them to toss in the all weather mats.

I had a trade but price was negotiated and locked prior to bringing trade into discussion. I also got at the high end of KBB trade value, which I was surprised at considering my clear coat was peeling.

I got gouged on dealer docs and tint, I know, but the price of the vehicle more than made up for it. Including both those I still ended up $1400 under normal dealer cost. Honda is running extra incentives between manufacturer and dealers right now to get rid of 2019 stock. Not a bad time to pull the trigger.

Considering the fact that I decided it had to be in Forest Mist and there were a grand total of 4 for sale in the state, I am very pleased.

Phoenix Arizona:
No other fees except taxes and state mandated fees. I also got them to toss in the all weather mats.

I had a trade but price was negotiated and locked prior to bringing trade into discussion. I also got at the high end of KBB trade value, which I was surprised at considering my clear coat was peeling.

I got gouged on dealer docs and tint, I know, but the price of the vehicle more than made up for it. Including both those I still ended up $1400 under normal dealer cost. Honda is running extra incentives between manufacturer and dealers right now to get rid of 2019 stock. Not a bad time to pull the trigger.

Considering the fact that I decided it had to be in Forest Mist and there were a grand total of 4 for sale in the state, I am very pleased.
I should add that this came about via Truecar. The dealership I worked with sent me a quote for a silver one they had on the lot for the same price as above. I responded that I only wanted green, so they brought in a matching green one from their sister dealership in Tucson, same price. Funny thing is, the Tucson dealership also contacted me, offering the same car for 2k more. It pays to shop around.

·
Registered
202 Posts
It’s really great to see guys making some decent to good to very good deals on the Ridgeline.

I believe that those who have posted their deals here got some good onsite from others right here on ROC.

I know I did!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It’s really great to see guys making some decent to good to very good deals on the Ridgeline.

I believe that those who have posted their deals here got some good onsite from others right here on ROC.

I know I did!
Does anyone know if the dealer incentive of 1500 really expired 9/3 as I was told it would, or is it still in play

·
Registered
202 Posts
Vicki,

I’m not sure about the expiration of the 1500, but it would seem as though the dealers are more interested in moving the 19’s based on what people are saying they are making deals at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 RTL-T AWD $34,400 including dealer fee.
Took a couple weeks but seems to be in the ballpark. 92-93% of dealer cost people are getting from the posting a couple pages back.
Thanks to everyone who has posted.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
2019 RTL-E, located for color matchup, $36,657 with splash guards. $199 doc fees. No trade cash deal.

Perhaps more interestingly. my insurance company determined the ACV of my totaled 10-month old 2019 w/ 24k miles at $35,270.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my go to dealer offered me a 19 RTL-E for 8k otd and my 2017 RTL-E w 37k on the clock. What do ya'll think
$8,000 grand for 37,000 miles and two years seems like a great deal. New tires, bugs worked out between the model years, fresh warranty, etc., all add up.
I will assume it is a new '19, so virtually zero miles, and has identical options/add-ons (if any).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Phoenix Arizona:

I should add that this came about via Truecar. The dealership I worked with sent me a quote for a silver one they had on the lot for the same price as above. I responded that I only wanted green, so they brought in a matching green one from their sister dealership in Tucson, same price. Funny thing is, the Tucson dealership also contacted me, offering the same car for 2k more. It pays to shop around.
Haven't seen any Forest Mist RL's live "in the wild", but think I'd like it. Could you maybe post a pic or two? If not, NP. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haven't seen any Forest Mist RL's live "in the wild", but think I'd like it. Could you maybe post a pic or two? If not, NP. Thanks.
The green looks a lot like the gray, just a little more creamy. When I've seen them I need to triple take to verify it is the green and not the gray. Since it's a metalic color lighting will change what you see, so it is tough to capture well on camera.

The green and red are my favorite colors on the ridge, well, and black, but I won't do a black interior.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So my go to dealer offered me a 19 RTL-E for 8k otd and my 2017 RTL-E w 37k on the clock. What do ya'll think
OTD is tough to compare, your title fee's could be $1,000 and 14% tax, or $50 title fee's and no tax.

Might be reasonable, depends on how long you keep your cars. You are paying over 1/5 of the cost of a Ridgeline when you have not used 1/5 the life of your 2017 is how I look at it - so not worth it if you keep cars for most/all of their life. If you swap cars every 4-6 years, then it probably is a good move.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
OK, what did you do with #1 & #2?
Had a 2017 RTL-E, 1300th off the line by VIN. I drive about 30k a year so when it got to about 70,000 miles and the dealer made me a solid deal to trade to a new one, I did. I wanted to try a different color, etc and the deal was really good, worked out to $.12 a mile I think, and saved me buying new tires.

Couple weeks ago I decided to total #2 in an act of gross incompetence, and my reward was, somehow, progressive giving me just $700 less for my 2019 with 23,000 than what I paid for the NEW 2019.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Had a 2017 RTL-E, 1300th off the line by VIN. I drive about 30k a year so when it got to about 70,000 miles and the dealer made me a solid deal to trade to a new one, I did. I wanted to try a different color, etc and the deal was really good, worked out to $.12 a mile I think, and saved me buying new tires.

Couple weeks ago I decided to total #2 in an act of gross incompetence, and my reward was, somehow, progressive giving me just $700 less for my 2019 with 23,000 than what I paid for the NEW 2019.
I guess we don't have to ask you if you would buy a G2 again... ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
@IankHonda do you know if the $1,500 got extended or if there is a new deal?
someone else already answered, but yes. They extended the factory to dealer cash to October 31st (it looks like Honda did that for all vehicles that were set to expire on the 3rd of September) Sorry for the slow reply, just got back from vacation yesterday...My poor RL had to sit in airport parking for a week right when we got the largest several days of rainstorms we have seen in several years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI,

Test drove an RTL-E today, loved it. looking to pull the trigger on it.
Base price $36256
Tint $399. I will work on this as well
Protection package. $445. ( markup BS. etching, wheel locks, nitrogen). I will work on getting this down further.
Selling price $37100

Doc fee, tax, reg on top of this comes in around $4500. nothing I can work with here.

OTD. $41602

Any thoughts on the pricing? Any room on the $36256 in anyone opinion?

1361 - 1380 of 1393 Posts
About this Discussion
1.4K Replies
577 Participants
Hoss Coog
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing