Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Sport Crew Cab Pickup AWD - Black
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 8.32.25 PM.png

This is an estimated quote from a local 4x4 shop. Do these numbers seem about right? I think I spent around 1k for the parts.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
95 Posts
I can't speak to the other items but 4 hours for skid plates seems like a lot. Which skid plates? My first install of my front plate took me under an hour, and that was me figuring everything out. I could do it again in 15 minutes now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you shopped around? $115 is dealer territory. The bull bar/light bar wiring should not take a combined 3.5 hours, but it is reasonable. I would think a 4x4 shop would have that done in 2 hours, 3 hours easy. And agree with @Lunarmonkey, 4 hours for skid plate is outrageous. Cannot speak to the leveling kit, as I have no experience there.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,024 Posts
My advice, learn to do the skid plate, bull bar and the light w/wires. You can do the lift kit at home, but given the price of it, it can be justified. Even at the quoted price, you are probably not their priority as Ridgelines do not end up at a 4x4 shop often, let alone those guys having the knowledge to work on it. Regardless of what is done with the suspension, you need to tack on a 4-wheel alignment after the work is complete.
However, I do all of my modifications at home so I would say, learn to do it at home.

·
Registered
645 Posts
$460 for skid plate install even if it’s for front AND rear is a not a good deal at all.

That an easy DIY item. Unless you don’t own a socket set and ratchet.

Also make sure they have done a Ridgeline before you commit. Most 4x4 shops are used to lifts but those are simple compare to Ridgeline suspension.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't speak to the other items but 4 hours for skid plates seems like a lot. Which skid plates? My first install of my front plate took me under an hour, and that was me figuring everything out. I could do it again in 15 minutes now.
Burtman

Have you shopped around? $115 is dealer territory. The bull bar/light bar wiring should not take a combined 3.5 hours, but it is reasonable. I would think a 4x4 shop would have that done in 2 hours, 3 hours easy. And agree with @Lunarmonkey, 4 hours for skid plate is outrageous. Cannot speak to the leveling kit, as I have no experience there.
So far all the shops near me only work on Jeeps/Toyotas. I don't feel confident with wiring the light bar thats in the bull bar. I may have them install that and the lift.

$460 for skid plate install even if it’s for front AND rear is a not a good deal at all.

That an easy DIY item. Unless you don’t own a socket set and ratchet.

Also make sure they have done a Ridgeline before you commit. Most 4x4 shops are used to lifts but those are simple compare to Ridgeline suspension.
Yea, I will probably put the skid plates on myself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Come over to my house with a 12 pack and 100 bucks, we'll get it done in 6 hours lol.

At the least you should be able to attempt putting on the skid plate and bull bar. It woulndt hurt to attempt these since youre not taking anything apart. If you dont feel confident in taking apart suspension, I would shop around for another quote, seems high to me. But what do I know about prices, ive DIY-ed everything on my cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come over to my house with a 12 pack and 100 bucks, we'll get it done in 6 hours lol.

At the least you should be able to attempt putting on the skid plate and bull bar. It woulndt hurt to attempt these since youre not taking anything apart. If you dont feel confident in taking apart suspension, I would shop around for another quote, seems high to me. But what do I know about prices, ive DIY-ed everything on my cars.
Just an 8hr drive, I'm in! Different shop was around 700 for the suspension. Im confident I can install the bull bar and skids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts