Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Think they are to cheap? Probably prone to leaks. I have resurfaced mine about 2 times now and they are bad again. Since I have most of the truck apart right now was thinking about throwing these on..I would resurface the originals just in case. I like the black inside trim.Really want to do the retrofit source retrofit projectors some day but funds right now are needed elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I think it depends on what color your RL is and how you feel about the 'murdered' look.

Personally, I like the look of the silver headlights and the silver grill on my white 2013RL. But these lights might look really good on a dark RL and the price is hard to beat. I's say go for it and share your impressions of the build quality, some before/after photos and follow up in a year or so and let us know how they are holding up. :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I have a related situation where someone backed into me and broke one lens, so my truck has one new and one old headlight. Prior to that I had also been re-polishing every 6 mo or so.

After doing a bunch of reading I decided to do an extra careful job of polishing the remaining old lens and then install Xpel headlight protectors.

Still too recent to know how successful it will ultimately be, but of course the brand new headlight still has the factory UV protection and from online reading the Xpel protector should provide UV protection for the old lens (and new lens) and hopefully both will remain clear.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Interesting, I really need to replace the driver's side 1, for what ever reason it cloud's up at about 3 times the speed as the passengers

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might pull the trigger after the holidays. Or put it on the list. Well see. It is just a blacked out trim...I think the stock ones are kinda charcoal grey almost anyways. I think for now Ill resurface the originals to get the truck back on the road.

I am curious about the xpel headlight protectors. Ill do some research and call the company that does the clear bras for us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The link doesn't work for me, maybe it's a region thing.
Be careful when buying off Amazon, make sure you are getting the product from a reputable seller(usually listed on the side) or "ships from Amazon".

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The link doesn't work for me, maybe it's a region thing.
Be careful when buying off Amazon, make sure you are getting the product from a reputable seller(usually listed on the side) or "ships from Amazon".
I have since decided not to just for the quality reason. My oem ones cleaned up nice. Except my cheapo HID's I ripped out left a burn mark on the reflector. lesson Learned!

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I have since decided not to just for the quality reason. My oem ones cleaned up nice. Except my cheapo HID's I ripped out left a burn mark on the reflector. lesson Learned!
Well... we are gonna find out. I saw your post and was gonna admit to swiping the "2 remaining" at the time I followed your link, but couldn't bring myself to fess up. Normally I don't buy anything that isn't "Prime" but rolled the dice on these. Figured I could raise a stink if they turn out to be ill fitting.

They are over at my buddies place getting ClearPlexed right now. ClearPlex is a actually a windshield wrap - rock chip/sandblast proof 100% UV blocker. I was sold on ClearPlex when I sat in a 750 Beemer out in the parking lot on a 90degree day. The interior was only slightly warmer than the air - which blew my mind. And then they threw rocks at windshield of a $75K car. BOUNCE. Anyhoo... as part of another project the bumper cover in coming off and these lenses are going in.

For what its worth, they seem nicely made, with soft rubber drain spouts, heavy rubber seals on around the bulb fixture and a series of casting identifiers & date codes just like the big boys use.

This forum is a two edged sword. Invaluable info and endless temptations to spend $. ARHG.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... we are gonna find out. I saw your post and was gonna admit to swiping the "2 remaining" at the time I followed your link, but couldn't bring myself to fess up. Normally I don't buy anything that isn't "Prime" but rolled the dice on these. Figured I could raise a stink if they turn out to be ill fitting.

They are over at my buddies place getting ClearPlexed right now. ClearPlex is a actually a windshield wrap - rock chip/sandblast proof 100% UV blocker. I was sold on ClearPlex when I sat in a 750 Beemer out in the parking lot on a 90degree day. The interior was only slightly warmer than the air - which blew my mind. And then they threw rocks at windshield of a $75K car. BOUNCE. Anyhoo... as part of another project the bumper cover in coming off and these lenses are going in.

For what its worth, they seem nicely made, with soft rubber drain spouts, heavy rubber seals on around the bulb fixture and a series of casting identifiers & date codes just like the big boys use.

This forum is a two edged sword. Invaluable info and endless temptations to spend $. ARHG.

HaHa awesome. Yea let me know how they go and post some pictures. I found some other sellers as well. My main reason for not spending the extra doh is already spending a good amount of money on some interior panels,engine cover and all the clips etc for the front bumper since my truck was completely apart anyways and fact that it is christmas right now.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny story....I get home last night and my other half is begging me to let her tell me what she got me for christmas....shes horrible at surprises and secrets....she got me these headlights off my amazon wish list haha. So they will be delivered in the next couple days so we will see!!Probably slap em in this weekend if they arrive.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Ha, you both got what you wanted for Christmas! Looking forward to seeing the Pix!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arrive last night. Going to probably slap em on sunday. They look really well built. Did a little research on the company and didnt find to much out there except a few people whom bought these for other vehicles had some peeling issues and some moisture build up. Recommended to run a bead of silicone along the seal just for assurance.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got them in the other day. Fitment was almost spot on. Bolt holes were just a smidge off. My passenger side has a little over spray in the blinker reflector but all in all totally worth the money so far. Ordered some weathertech protectors for them. Should be a few weeks for me to get them.Hopefully keep them from yellowing as fast

·
Registered
187 Posts
They look nice. Any chance of taking a picture of the whole front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Real nice! Thanks. Putting them on my xmas list.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks pretty good and the fact there is a 10 year warranty (for whatever it's worth) is not a bad thing.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,113 Posts
If I am not mistaken, these only fit the 06-08? 09+ is different I assume.

Amazon says that the lights wont fit my '10 when the description says otherwise.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts