Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1430 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't get me wrong, we all absolutely love this truck - but it's not perfect! So what do you hate about your RL?

I'll go first..

I hate the fact that the hood doesn't have hydraulic struts. For a $50K vehicle, you'd think they wouldn't have cheaped out on that!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two things overly discussed already:
1. rear doors not opening wider. It's harder when putting a 3- and a 1-yr old into a carseat
2. no tailgate lock
Those are definitely at the top of everyone's list, but I'm wondering if there are some more subtle ones.

Another one for me is that you can't turn the car off and just listen to music. You have to turn it off, than turn it back on again :|
It goes Music -> Accessory -> Ignition -> OFF.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hate the fact that bed audio turns off at speed and not able to play at will ( 20Km/h limit..by observations ) :frown:

I would be blasting it everywhere ! :grin:>:)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Those are definitely at the top of everyone's list, but I'm wondering if there are some more subtle ones.

Another one for me is that you can't turn the car off and just listen to music. You have to turn it off, than turn it back on again :|
It goes Music -> Accessory -> Ignition -> OFF.
On the the 5 inch radio not a big deal since you hit the button off and then one more time for radio.

two things overly discussed already:
1. rear doors not opening wider. It's harder when putting a 3- and a 1-yr old into a carseat
2. no tailgate lock
I have exactly the same kid situation you have and it's a non issue other than me being a zombie half the time. As far as tailgate lock goes their are aftermarket remedies available and more to come.

The one thing I hate is you cant customize the door with the 5 inch radio

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,870 Posts
I hate that the bed doesn't have conventional rails that you can attach clamps to from underneath (or its own low-profile rail system like Toyota, Nissan etc.) for accessories like truck caps, tonneaus, racks etc.

I hate variable cylinder management (VCM).

I hate the doughnut spare tire, and the fact that you can't get a full size tire into the trunk.

I wish the bed weren't quite so shallow. Even one or two more inches of depth would be vastly preferred.

I wish the styling were more distinctive.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sorry... on a locked down internet connection for the next month( no streaming anything.. Doo) so I can't post the links
You can't be teasing with info like that man !!!:act051:

I already know about the YT streaming trick...but the bed audio trick is nowhere to be found...back it up !!!

If you can reply/post on a forum...you can post link...what's streaming have to do with link ?? and what's link have to do with your internet connection ?? :surprise::|

·
Registered
30 Posts
On restricted bandwidth and I can't bring up anything with the video or audio. Even typing in YouTube brings up a blocking screen... and I don't know links off the top of my head...but I was driving around with the music blasting much to the joy of my daughter. Lol thought it would cut off with speed but I went up to 100km and it was still playing...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I say YouTube because I was just browsing videos about the RL when i was home and came across the one about the in bed audio so I wouldn't know how to find it. Sorry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Loving my BE by the way... but the slow power windows are annoying....the driver window takes twice as long to go up as the rest.... sometimes...dealer lubeing the windows so I'll see if it's better when I get back

·
Registered
461 Posts
Don't get me wrong, we all absolutely love this truck - but it's not perfect! So what do you hate about your RL?

I'll go first..

I hate the fact that the hood doesn't have hydraulic struts. For a $50K vehicle, you'd think they wouldn't have cheaped out on that!
Hmmm, wonder if someone will come out with a kit for this. I did install this on my wife's car several years back.

EDIT, Spoke too soon. http://shopfigs.com/v3/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=73 Opps, the G2 refers to their second generation strut for the G1. Give it some time and I am sure they will come through.

·
Registered
386 Posts
link please..:grin:
Here's how it's done:
I think the youtube streaming and bed audio is the same option, but I've never tried it. If anything, it's probably under the same hidden menu anyway. It's a PITA that you need to do this every single time you start the vehicle. More importantly though, safety first!

·
Registered
932 Posts
My only real complaint in 700 miles and it's a very minor one at that, the rear seat headrests take up a lot of rear view mirror real estate. Hasn't been a problem. Just had to get used to what I am normally used to seeing.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
My only real complaint in 700 miles and it's a very minor one at that, the rear seat headrests take up a lot of rear view mirror real estate. Hasn't been a problem. Just had to get used to what I am normally used to seeing.
I've read that the center headrest is easily removable, don't know about the side headrests. You can store them under the seat if you have the undersea t storage bin.

1 - 20 of 1430 Posts