Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trunk seems perfect for a lot of things but not great that the spare in there if I'm thinking about putting fish on ice or and other dead, smelly, sticky things in there, how do you do it?

What else do out in there? Helmets, golf clubs, life jackets, are just a few things I can think of

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Tools. tie downs. tow strap/hooks. compressor. extra fluids. camp shovel. machete. uummm.....Im always ready for impromptu off roading and fixing someones car lol. I need to downsize to a smaller setup though. 200lbs is not good for gas mileage.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,103 Posts
Case of bottled water, Spare fluids, Ratchet Straps & Bungee Cords, Hitch Ball & Lock.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
All of this...
download.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
Tow strap. Various bungee cords and tie downs. Jumper Cables. Heavy blanket. Hitch. Machete. Spare Fluids. Frisbee. Oar for my jon boat. Jar of preserved Unicorn Farts.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
I carry the following in my trunk year round (Other things get tossed in or removed for the differing seasons):

1 bottle of windshield wiper fluid.
1 complete set of raingear.
1 tow strap (30,000lbs wor rating).
1 snatch strap (IIRC 30,000lbs work rating).
1 set of bungie cords.
6 Ratcheting tie down straps.
2 pair of leather gloves.
1 pair of Mechanix gloves.
1 14"x14" neoprene pad to place on the ground to kneel on when working on the truck.
8 road flares.
1 small shovel.
1 axe.
1 leatherman multi-tool.
2 Flashlights (Surefire 6P and 9P)
1 Seatbelt cutter.
1 15Cu Ft Scuba tank setup to fill tires.
1 all in one tool kit.

·
Registered
781 Posts
The trunk seems perfect for a lot of things but not great that the spare in there if I'm thinking about putting fish on ice or and other dead, smelly, sticky things in there, how do you do it?

What else do out in there? Helmets, golf clubs, life jackets, are just a few things I can think of

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'd probably put the smelly fish in a cooler before I put it in the trunk.....I have put 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk. Nice that you can secure them before you stop in for a few beers after a round of golf.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Most of those mentioned above at one time or other, including golf clubs.
Also a large thin sheet of polyethylene foam, in case I need corner protection for something I load in the back.
And a come-along hand winch.
And of course my cargo net.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keep a first aid kit, tools, jack, emergency blanket, tie downs, extra fluids, bike helmet, bike chain lock, biking gloves, mechanix gloves, wD-40, water bottles, ammo, fire starter kit, MREs...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Tie down straps for four wheeler, hitch inserts, anti-rattle devices for hitch, a few wrenches, box for my hitchscan backup sensor, roadside survival kit from AutoZone.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
This works well for straps, hitch stuff and a hundred other things. Has a ton of pockets and stand up nice in the trunk leaving room for bigger things on the side and front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love having the trunk to stow away all the safety gear. Straps, gloves, first aid, ect. Available but out of the way. I had those things stuffed in every compartment on my previous Honda Element.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine is empty most of the time, but I keep a small bag under rear seat with a tow strap, cables & x-tra warm gloves socks etc in winter.
My trunk does get full in summer, with about 75% of my camping gear. I like that I can put my sleeping bags & mats, clothes etc in to keep them dry, and still fit a ton of other gear too.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My Mesa Boogie 2x12 guitar cabinet fits in the trunk perfectly. Unless I need the space for something else, it pretty much lives there between gigs...

- Chip

·
Registered
115 Posts
golf clubs most of the time..tie downs/straps as well

·
Registered
159 Posts
Jug of water. Extra towels. And a moving blanket to keep the jug from sliding all over.

My wife wants to use it as a tailgating cooler but it's not insulted and I don't want the spare getting wet in there.

Here in FL. With the heat and humidity. I'm a little nervous about keeping the ratchet straps in there due to rot and deterioration. I keep those under the back seat (I know, they still get hot there). But at least it's not an absolute oven. Still the trunk is a cool thing to have for days at the beach and family trips

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm thinking about cutting up some rubber floor mats and adding them to the floor of the trunk to catch the dirt and sand.

This is after I get my weather tech mats.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts