Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I'd start a thread that discusses some of the functions of the new Ridgeline. I pretty much have all the buttons and functions figured out since we have access to Pilot information and a ton of youTube videos to reference but there are a few buttons I can't figure out.

The button below the gear shifter by the L position.

The two buttons on the dash to the right of the steering column.

Anyone know?

Also does any one know if the rear window is electric?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Though I'd start a thread that discusses some of the functions of the new Ridgeline. I pretty much have all the buttons and functions figured out since we have access to Pilot information and a ton of youTube videos to reference but there are a few buttons I can't figure out.

The button below the gear shifter by the L position.

The two buttons on the dash to the right of the steering column.

Anyone know?

Also does any one know if the rear window is electric?

Thanks in advance
Assuming it's the same as the new Pilot, the button by the gear shifter switches to mud/sand/snow mode in 4WD and a snow mode in 2WD. The two buttons on the dash are for dash brightness.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also see two main buttons in the overhead. One would be for the moonroof, I assume the other button would be for the power rear window. If the rear window is powered.

The other button that surprised me is in the lower left quadrant of the steering wheel, attached to the 3 button cluster. Looks like it's for a heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed in some youTube videos the Ridgeline from the Toronto Auto Show, compared to the Detroit Auto Show, has a new button under the Cargo Light button. Also the button to the right of the RR Settings which was blank in Detroit, how has a label. Does anyone know what these two buttons are?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the answer, the button under the cargo light is a Heated Windshield button only on Canadian models.
And the blank button is a Rear Lock button to disable the rear control.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I noticed in some youTube videos the Ridgeline from the Toronto Auto Show, compared to the Detroit Auto Show, has a new button under the Cargo Light button. Also the button to the right of the RR Settings which was blank in Detroit, how has a label. Does anyone know what these two buttons are?
In the Pilot Brochure I have the button to the right of the RR SETTINGS is labeled Rear Lock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yep!! Just went out and checked mine.. Didn't even know I had one of those things.. I am sure that will come in handy this winter for me here in the great cold North.. Also, checked my mileage on a trip to Kelowna and back and I got a calculated 29.5 Miles per Gallon. Of course that is using the full sized gallons we have up here in Canada eh. :laugh:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does anyone know which trims the "tilt-down side mirrors in reverse" feature is on?
My guess would be rtl-t and up. Maybe rtl-e and up. I can't imagine that every trim has it. I can't find the answer to this anywhere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does anyone know which trims the "tilt-down side mirrors in reverse" feature is on?
My guess would be rtl-t and up. Maybe rtl-e and up. I can't imagine that every trim has it. I can't find the answer to this anywhere.
If that's in my RTL-E, I've never noticed it and it must be silent. I use the backup camera and have yet to tow anything.

Maybe it's a Canadian model thing?

Pete

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok, looking at the manual, you have to press a button to tilt the mirror down when in reverse. I had no idea about that at all. Same thing with the power folding door mirror. Now I need to go outside and try these :)

Pete

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually, I take that back. Must be the Canadian model with all these cool features like heated windshield and second row outer seat heaters, front ventilation, etc. Hate seeing all that in the manual especially because I was looking at the rear of the console and wondering what all that dead space was about, given it was filled with cheap plastic trim pices. (see page 53 of the manual link I posted previously).

Confirmed that my RTL-E doesn't have any of that.

Pete

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok, looking at the manual, you have to press a button to tilt the mirror down when in reverse. I had no idea about that at all. Same thing with the power folding door mirror. Now I need to go outside and try these :)

Pete
My BE has a slider switch that you can select left or right mirror that automatically tilt down when in reverse.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Look at this center console pic. Was this image reused from the Pilot manual (given the AV connection, I assume this to be true), or is this in some other country's version of the RTL-E? AFAIK, the BE and the RTL-E are functionally identical, and the difference is only cosmetic.

My RTL-E showing the one area in the vehicle that cosmetically bugs me. I always thought it obvious that this was designed to have a bunch of other stuff.

Pete

·
Registered
163 Posts
My BE has a slider switch that you can select left or right mirror that automatically tilt down when in reverse.
US model?

I understood the BE and RTL-E to be functionally the same. If not, that's a real surprise to me.

Edit: I'm an idiot. It's the slider switch. I was hung up on the powered folding button. Now I need to go back out in the rain and try it out. :)

Pete

·
Registered
163 Posts
And yes, the image from the Ridgeline manual is from the Pilot as is that whole section. A miss on Honda's part when they revised the manual

Pilot center console:

Pete

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is in the black edition, and rtl-e. I just dont know if it is in any other trims. It only moves one mirror down at a time. It is controlled by your mirror adjustment selector thingy. If your mirror selector is in the neutral position (neither left nor right) then nothing happens. If your selector is on "left," your left mirror moves down when you put it in reverse, and back to it's original position when you change out of reverse.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm talking to myself here.

Looks like it was lifted from the Pilot manual, but because the Canadian version has those rear seat temp controls.

This is a pic of the "touring" (RTL-T?) model

Not essential, but would have been nice to have in the US version, especially considering that useless plastic filler plug that's there. I assume something like climate control is pretty integrated into the overall vehicle, but I wonder if this is at all a self-contained part.

Pete

1 - 20 of 23 Posts