Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
[
Geez, you sure twisted this thread around.....always one in every forum.

If you don’t like the way I responded to the thread, that’s your privilege, because of the freedoms/privileges we have living in the greatest capitalistic country on earth. I have some privileges as well....one of those privileges is to respond in this forum the way I want, as long as I follow the forum rules. Why don’t we get back to the thread topic....that being shipping cost.

Oh, almost forgot, I don’t need a history lesson either.😉
LOL, I simply responded and pointed out that there are already potential solutions in place for your complaint. One is having the Government step in and strictly control commerce. Another solution is restrict your purchasing to on hand stock supplied by local vendors. A third is not to purchase the product at all if you believe that the shipping costs are too high. Any of these solutions are currently within our grasp, (as I have already offered, I happen to practice a combinination of the second and the third choices.) If you have yet another alternative solution, I would very much be interested in hearing it, otherwise, and please pardon my being so blunt, but to complain just for the sake of complaining serves very little to no purpose.

Bill

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,721 Posts
.... AutoNation. I inquired about a discount for being a repeat (3X) customer of that specific dealership. The sales rep said they absolutely have no negotiations regarding price on used vehicles.

I would have walked, but the vehicle had the records of ALL the required maintenance being done from day one at the dealership, and it was in pristine shape.

My point being - for the dealer to make $3,400 on a car of that value is substantial.
Sounds like they did a good job of discerning what the market would bear for that instance. Being a repeat customer who can't enjoy any 'special treatment' as a consumer, maybe you oughta buy stock in 'em?

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
301 Posts
[

LOL, I simply responded and pointed out that there are already potential solutions in place for your complaint. One is having the Government step in and strictly control commerce. Another solution is restrict your purchasing to on hand stock supplied by local vendors. A third is not to purchase the product at all if you believe that the shipping costs are too high. Any of these solutions are currently within our grasp, (as I have already offered, I happen to practice a combinination of the second and the third choices.) If you have yet another alternative solution, I would very much be interested in hearing it, otherwise, and please pardon my being so blunt, but to complain just for the sake of complaining serves very little to no purpose.

Bill
I wasn’t complaining for the sake of complaining......I was responding/agreeing with the OP. It’s a free country, no?.....I exercised my right to respond/agree with the OP.....just as you exercised your right, without purpose in my opinion. Maybe your purpose was to brag a little about your negotiating prowess/savvy, regarding shipping fees, no?

Apologies to the OP for the hijack.

·
Super Moderator
5,359 Posts
Sounds like they did a good job of discerning what the market would bear for that instance. Being a repeat customer who can't enjoy any 'special treatment' as a consumer, maybe you oughta buy stock in 'em?
We would have gone in another direction, but my DIL has been brainwashed concerning Subarus.

When we purchased the second WRX we were given a $500 discount for being a loyal customer. I wasn't going to leave $500 on the table, if not necessary.

·
Administrator
14,921 Posts
Amazon is no fool when it comes to maximizing profit .... one has to wonder if there's something about the mechanics of their shipping systems (conveyors, labelling / weighing / sorting machinery, whatever) that makes some of these apparently ridiculous packaging's ultimately more 'efficient' at the scale of their operation?
I think you're right.

Here's another example that I'm almost positive results in a loss, though:

I've been buying 91% isopropyl alcohol online from Sam's to make hand sanitizer for myself, friends, family, and co-workers. The maximum purchase limit is (1) two-pack of 32 oz. bottles for $3.94. Shipping is free with the Sam's Plus membership. So, I place an order for one then another, then another, and so on. Each order is a separate shipment and comes in a box that's 3x larger than it needs to be. I highly doubt the $0.39 profit they make on each two-pack of alcohol covers the cost of shipping. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Kind of a shame, I've been stocking up with Bernadi for years with the free shipping over $150 (sometimes with a price match) over the holidays. Now, prices have been raised and there is free shipping over $75 but I don't think they price match anymore which makes them almost irrelevant. Fortunately, I've have a decent amount of stock as I was going to unwind from the Honda brand anyway.
Same here. I've owned pretty much nothing but Hondas my entire life. After the loss of service manuals, poor build quality, design issues in engines and transmissions, overpriced parts because they are to be used in an Acura and now all the virtue signalling I'm done with them. They lost my business on two new vehicles (top of the line Pilot and CRV) and at this point I'm not coming back, ever.

·
Administrator
14,921 Posts
I have no plans to return to Honda, either, but in their defense all automakers have gone to subscription-based service information and I haven't noticed Honda parts being any more expensive than any other automaker's. Their attitude, build quality, and engineering certainly need to be addressed.

·
Registered
142 Posts
cheaperhondaparts was crazy expensive for shipping. Bernardi blew them away. Have spent a lot of money at Bernardi the last month.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts