Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sound like a broken record (or a scratched CD for those of you that have never heard a real vinyl record skip), but I continue to be amazed about the quality of the contributions that the members of this ROC site contribute every day. The time and effort that goes into contributing and sharing this kind of information with other people that you may never get to meet, much less know, is overwhelming. It is so refreshing to be able to read different opinions, sometimes strongly different opinions, from a variety of members and yet, with only very rare exception is there ever a lack of consideration or respect for others even hinted at. That speaks directly to the quality of the individual members of this great site. That is not the case with the other zillion user sites on the net and it is what makes this site so extraordinary. I also think that T Mac and Zero have done one heck of a job establishing and maintaining the decorum.

When I can sit down and read and learn something that was freely contributed by other people, or pose a question and receive the benefits of others with expertise and / or first hand experience, I can not help but feel that I owe an enormous amount of gratitude to those individuals as well as those that established the vehicle for us all to share in the experience. Hardly a day goes by that I do not benefit directly from this site, or at least have some fun.

Once again, I thank you all individually and as a group. :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ultra-Hog, I concur.

This group has been nothing but a pleasure to get to know, as well as get to know about things important to me. I am no car buff by any means, and I am amazed at how much I have learned in two months about cars, car care, and the comradery of people dedicated to a specific interest. And like you said, we may all have different opinions but at least on this forum, there is nothing but respect for others, knowing we can agree to disagee at times (respectfully).

To say that I am somewhat addicted to this site is an understatement. I check it daily, and sometimes 2-3x a day if time permits. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't learn something new. It's fun to share the excitement of not just a new truck, but a new beginning since the RL is a 'baby' in the auto industry.

To all those that make my day, I want to say thank you. And I look forward to learning more and sharing more with my online family!

L

·
0 Posts
That's a tough act to follow. It was almost as if U-H had read my mind. I don't think I can offer anything else to his words other than thank you!! Thank you for all you do for me and the rest of us who rely on this site for information, guidance or a shoulder to cry on. If we look at the big picture and what brought us together and where we have gone in the past few months with friendships and insights, all it took was a hunk of metal and four rubber tires. Amazing. Too bad we couldn't pass this onto the rest of the world. My very best to all of you and again, many thanks. See you soon Bruce!! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
In my 72 years I have learned a lot about cars and trucks but this site is the best. Something new it seems every day and it sure helps a lot.

I think the best thing about the ROC are the people that participate at this site. Early on Vicktor (spelling?) was having his problems but all the time he was helping all of us. It just makes us sick to hear that Ladyridge had her Ridgeline keyed. I'm still mad about that.

It just a good place to go to every day and keep up with things.

Good going you all.

Tiger

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would still have bought my ridgeline, but this site just reinforced what I had already decided. Hey, LR, sorry to hear about your ridge getting keyed. Idiots are what they are the world over. What Sunday meet are you guys having anyway? :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
This site has given me a whole new perspective on automobiles, and mostly the people (you) who care for them and about them.
An incredibly diverse group with talents and ideas and knowledge that blows me away.
How I got lucky enough to stumble onto this site and meet what I think are becoming friends is both terrific and amazing. Thanks TMAC for the creation, Zero for keeping us on track, and last but not least , J.C. for reminding us all why we are here.
Jules

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hagerswami, the meet is tomorrow afternoon or evening 6/26 in Western PA, just north of Pittsburgh on RT 79. I think you are closer than I am. Check this post for details: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14212#post14212

There is a great outlet mall across the street from where we are meeting for dinner. My wife wants to sped some time there in the afternoon. Maybe catch a high performance (for my lack of a better term) race cart race nearby in the afternoon too. Ladyridges son races them. There is a link posted for reference.

We would love to see you!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Want to thank all involved with this site...it has helped me understand my vehicle a lot more...and maybe someday soon, I'll meet some of you all!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love this site because it gives me community with others who agree wholeheartedly with me that the Ridgeline is HANDS DOWN the best truck ever made for us suburbanites :D. Besides, because the Ridgeline is SO unique, yet so simple and not really common (never will be at 50k units/year :) ) this forum is a great place for sharing the wealth of information we all seem to have.

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everybody. It's very rewarding to me to develop an online community like this (and EOC) and watch it grow and mature into a truly awesome place. You guys are a big part of it and I thank you for that.

The best compliment you can give is to keep helping us grow by spreading word to the many others out there who don't know about us yet.

Thanks again... keep up the good work! ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Even though I don't own one yet, this site has started to turn me into a Honda man. I thought I would never own a Japanese vehicle. I've always sworn by "Detroit Steel". Coming from Michigan, I never saw a foreign car until the middle 70s. :D I now own a Chevy Blazer which has grown too small. I was planning to buy an Avalanche, until I started looking at the Ridge. I did lots of research on the net, including finding this site as well as a few other Ridge sites. With my wife's experiecnce with her CR-V, I found myself getting into a Honda frame of mind. I have always known the Honda makes a rock solid engine. (I used to own a Honda XR350R Off road dirt bike and a generator)

I have read so much about the Ridge that I almost feel like I have one already. With the gas prices continuing to rise and maintenance costs going up, I need a vehicle that #1, is reliable, #2 gets good gas mileage, and #3 is innovative and practical. The Ridge fits all these needs.

This site has been so helpful in so many ways. From the good things to the bad things, the problems that have arisen and knowing that Honda has fixed them. All of these have helped me make my decision. In fact, I am thinking of trying to talk the wife into trading her CR-V for a newer one. Maybe we can get a good deal from our dealer... a new Ridge AND a new CR-V. That would make a salesman smile. :cool:

Thank you all for putting this site together and for all the contributions.

Oh BTW, gas is $2.50 here in Eagle River Alaska. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'll second the praise for the quality of the posts. Today's post by Zero on the body side protectors is a fine example. The pictures and explanations give the rest of us the confidence we need to move forward. I also want to thank everyone for the high level of civility on this board. There's so much to be learned from everyone and "taking the high road" seems to be the general rule of thumb here. Finally, the humor. I'm sure my wife is wondering sometimes when I just laugh out loud at some of the jokesters we have here!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Specifically, what has the ROC site done for me...

I looked for and caught "the leak" very early after reading about it.

I looked for and found my windshield crack and got it replaced under warranty after reading about it (I think it helped to be able to say "I know others have had this problem.")

I met 7 very interesting people at the Marlboro Tavern after coordinating a mini-meet.

One of these people gave me some professional contacts and an opportunity to do some training for the West Hartford Fire department.

I learned an easy way to remove bug guts from the front.

I have E-met many wonderful folks who I feel like I know.

And I have a readily available diversion from work anytime I need it. Just hit the bookmark for the R.O.C. and there will be something interesting to read.

There must be more... I'm here 2-3 times a day!?!

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I can only echo what others have already said. The contributions by the site owners/admins, the members and the sponsors make ROC the first and last unofficial word on Ridgeline trucks. I begin and end my days by visiting ROC, with occasional visits in between, and I've gladly given up on trying to find a resource that has more to offer.

Thanks and kudos to all of the ROC-heads that contribute so freely!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I know when I question anything Ridgeline related one of the first resources I use is the ROC website. The information here and general knowledge is excellent. The community feel that people seem to have shared here makes this a unique forum on the network. If you look at some other forums the tone of the forums are very different than here. This goes to the moderation, the tone set by the early members and of course to T-Mac himself for building on the success of the Element group to build this one.

I have been a member of several other forums, but I haven't put anywhere near the effort I have here in keeping up with the posts and community that has formed around this club.

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is what I get for actually working and not checking the ROC first thing in the morning like I usually do: everyone has already said all there is to say about what a great site this is. Even so, I would love to lend my voice to this choir and express my utmost appreciation for all the help and kindness on this site. Everyone here is truly a first class citizen and netizen. I feel perfectly comfortable posting my questions, no matter how silly, and my thoughts, no matter how agreeable or contradictory they may be, here. That is something that I have seldom experienced in a forum (I'm part of more forums than I'd care to admit :)). A big thank you T-Mac for creating this site. Also a huge thank you to all the members, old and new, that continue to nurture this site and make it my single most visited destination on the web day after day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I check this site multiple time daily. Great resource for information on my Truck. To me this truck is just not another vehicle. I want all the information I can can get about my vehicle. ROC provides it all.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
While searching for something, I stumbled on this old thread. We have a LOT of new members since August. What say you?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts