Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
installed the body side mouldings today...was easier than I'd thought !! :grin:>:)

Also did the "HydrO2" treatment...and sprayed the undercarriage and all plugs that I can reached :p with CR-C marine rust inhibitors ( on top of Krown rust spray ! )...bring on the winter !!>:):grin:

~~~~~
Next week it will be the die cast running boards :grin:
~~~~~

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd love to get those awesome billet door sill protectors, but Im on a self imposed budget & my friends are kinda clumsy. So I went online and got bulk rolls of Paint & Headlamp Protection Material - XPEL (much better deal than the stuff in the stores)
I cut the Xpel armor pcs and eyballed the placement :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
installed the body side mouldings today...was easier than I'd thought !! :grin:>:)

Also did the "HydrO2" treatment...and sprayed the undercarriage and all plugs that I can reached :p with CR-C marine rust inhibitors ( on top of Krown rust spray ! )...bring on the winter !!>:):grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PRewO_3nso

~~~~~
Next week it will be the die cast running boards :grin:
~~~~~
Hydro2 is LITERALLY the best invention mankind has come up with in the history of our existence! Everyone should use it, just read directions and watch videos!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hydro2 is LITERALLY the best invention mankind has come up with in the history of our existence! Everyone should use it, just read directions and watch videos!
For best results...make sure you "PREP" the surface :wink: ... If not prep properly, you are sealing in all the impurities ! :| 0:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
For best results...make sure you "PREP" the surface :wink: ... If not prep properly, you are sealing in all the impurities ! :| 0:)
I appreciate the heads up!

Last weekend I put Optimum Gloss-Coat on my wife's Lexus. Should be good for 2-3 years. I spent 11hrs total though, a lot of it in prep... wash, iron-x, clay, dry, water spot removal, ridding of every spec of bug guts and tree sap, a light polish here and there, then a final wipe down with carpro eraser... Hydro2 on the wheels. It was my first time doing a coating, I spent way too much time on it. The results are spectacular (INSANE beading) but I will never do that again. When I get my ridgeline I'm going with Hydro2 as the base coat. There's no reason to spend so much time on a coating IMO. If you want some extra gloss and pop top it with Collinite or wax/sealant of choice, I spray Meguiar's X-press wax after a wash, really brings out the shine and adds a slight bit more of protection. Hydro2 FTMFW!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I continue to beat the **** out of this truck and it's still kicking ass.

Not even close to the 1300-1500 lbs of sand (half yard) but it's a pretty manly load of wood rounds.

Oh ya probably have over 100 hours on my exciters, , they are great when using the truck as a tool.

If only my log splitter was 2 prong ��

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,135 Posts
I realize that the G2 has sensors and a backup camera, but how is the view from the drivers seat, out the back window, or with the rear view mirror?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I realize that the G2 has sensors and a backup camera, but how is the view from the drivers seat, out the back window, or with the rear view mirror?
If you think about it...in normal usage...a driver only utilized what's to the left ( side mirror ) and right of his shoulder ( side mirror )

with the above said (not counts turning head )....The rear view mirror added the area from your neck to your right shoulder area...and right rear glance.

With wheel mounted...You only loose a portion of that "added area"

ex:

before-->> at red light stop...If I look at the car behind...I can see both driver and passenger.

after-->> I can see the passenger and only the right shoulder/arm of the driver ( sitting back & view straight back from rearview mirror.)

When driving.. as vehicles are further apart, it's not as bad as it sounds/look.
..AND it's different...If without cover...You can adjust/rotate the "hollow out" part of your rim to compliment vision. :wink: >:)

With cover on...Meh !!! just a bit less...nothing to it ;)

gauge your thought on how far that wheel is at... almost 1/2 way at the sliding rear window ;)

:smile:

·
Registered
128 Posts
And just did a half yard of top soil today and i couldn't even tell I had a load except when I went up a steep hill but even then it wasn't much. Sounds like it weighed about 700-1000 lbs.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here comes a unaffiliated plug:

So, this wasn't today, but Saturday I did a full detail on my Ridgeline. And this was the first time I have used Black Light. Long story short, my buddy details cars for a living and the day I took delivery of my Ridgeline, he came over to check it out. He parked next to me and his paint was way better looking than my brand new off the lot paint. His secret was Black Light by Chemical Guys. So I ordered some last week and finally got around to applying it. Needless to say the results were exactly as I expected. Unbelievable deep gloss shine. I then followed it up with the best wax that is on the market. Butter Wet Wax applies ultra easy and removes cleaner than any of the store brand off the shelf waxes. And here is the proof:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 751 Posts