Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

641 - 650 of 650 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just got the Vitamin “B12” notice on the maintenance minder. I had the oil and filters, and went ahead and changed the oil and filter @27K. While I was under there, I went ahead and changed the transmission fluid...even though I had already done it once already (back about 10K miles due to mountains and towing). Had to drop the skid plate for that, but while I had the truck on ramps and jack stands (to level it), I thought, what the heck. Transmission fluid would be due soon anyway. I recently replaced the air and cabin filters, so I should be good to go for a few more miles. Transmission fluid wasn’t bad looking, but could tell it wasn’t as good as new, slightly darker than new fluid.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Nice, considering this on mine (i think we have the same color RL too). You went a little lighter than the back windows?
Yes, 35%. I had 20% all around on my old coupe and it wasn't the easiest to see out of while driving in dark nights (or days) in the dreary PNW. Eyes aren't getting any younger and perhaps also a decade wiser this time around.... lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now I'm thinking about adding accents or a pinstripe or Ridgeline logo on the side. The Dark Grey is a hard one though...maybe silver? Would a lime green or light blue be too much? Maybe orange?

I added some roof rails and they ended up a bit bigger than I expected.

View attachment 393998

Under seat storage system is freaking awesome View attachment 393999

Bedcover from North Mountain

View attachment 394000

Blank canvas I started with

View attachment 394001

The Beauty and the Beast

View attachment 394002

I'll never get rid of my Grand Prix. Shame GM decided to keep Buick instead of Pontiac. It's been a great car from day one. And Buick's current add campaign is you don't notice our cars! Which is an odd way to sell cars. Hey our Buick looks like everything else but it's for old people. Bah, GM sucks.
Does your North Mountain tonneau allow the trunk to open fully or only 80%?

·
Registered
8 Posts
To those of you who have switched headlights to LED bulbs, how are they working out for you? Do the aftermarket bulbs last? Is it a do it yourself job? Any input/advice would be appreciated. I'm trying to decide on which model 2020 RL model to get but I really want LED lights. Thanks.
I just brought a 2020 rtle home and the new low beam leds are incredible! Don’t even need high beams ever, Seriously some of the best lights I’ve had.

·
Registered
102 Posts
20 percent XPEL Prime XR on the fronts. Two not in direct sunlight, one with the sun coming in the front. I had 35 before, because I was worried about night visibility and getting pulled over for it being too dark, but I think 20 is right at the limit of not attracting police and being able to see at night, and it's a close enough match to the rears to give it a great look. Note that I am 32 with better than 20/20 vision, and I mostly drive around Philly, so my thoughts might be different if I was driving country roads at night, or if my vision was worse.

·
Registered
83 Posts
20 percent XPEL Prime XR on the fronts. Two not in direct sunlight, one with the sun coming in the front. I had 35 before, because I was worried about night visibility and getting pulled over for it being too dark, but I think 20 is right at the limit of not attracting police and being able to see at night, and it's a close enough match to the rears to give it a great look. Note that I am 32 with better than 20/20 vision, and I mostly drive around Philly, so my thoughts might be different if I was driving country roads at night, or if my vision was worse.
View attachment 399064 View attachment 399065 View attachment 399066
Your truck looks great. I got my truck used and it already had tint on it, so I've never known what % it was. Going by your pics though, I think I must also have 20% too. And congrats on having the best stock Ridgeline wheels available 😁

·
Registered
102 Posts
Your truck looks great. I got my truck used and it already had tint on it, so I've never known what % it was. Going by your pics though, I think I must also have 20% too. And congrats on having the best stock Ridgeline wheels available 😁
Thanks! It needs a full detail after the terrible wash by the dealer and then it will be 100 percent. I agree, the Sport wheels are killer. The color is both light enough to match the plastic molding well, but also dark enough to basically have an all black look. If only they had made the chrome accents that color...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks! It needs a full detail after the terrible wash by the dealer and then it will be 100 percent. I agree, the Sport wheels are killer. The color is both light enough to match the plastic molding well, but also dark enough to basically have an all black look. If only they had made the chrome accents that color...
Yes, I'd love it if the chrome was the color of the Sport wheels. I had my chrome wrapped in vinyl and asked them to try to match the wheels, but they just used gloss black, plus cut up the paint on my tailgate really bad. I ended up getting that removed and did it with plastidip so I'd have a flat finish at least. In my opinion it looks much better than the gloss black but still not as good as the color from the wheels could.

641 - 650 of 650 Posts