Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

741 - 756 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Tru-Cool #49211 aftermarket. Definitely wider, reasonably sure it's taller (than OE) as well and 3/4" thick. Not sure how thick the OE cooler is since I didn't have one (FWD). Forecast for this coming week is triple digit highs. Hope the ScanGauge will show some TFT drops.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did my B16 service, LOF, Rotate, Rear Diff Fluid. Easy peasy and WAY cheaper than dealer. Then spent several days on jack stands doing my brake calipers with POR15 red kit. Also tried to hit all the parts under truck with POR15 black that were starting to surface rust, like the steering knuckle. Only took 10 months to finally getting around to doing it, and not perfect as I didn't disassemble them to do it. In good news I had to take my 04 Rubicon to work since she was on jacks, and averaged 18.8MPG over 200.5 miles on the round trip, only ~33% worse than the RL. :geek:

Man I wish I had a 2 post lift in the garage. :cry:

·
Registered
33 Posts
All Griot’s Garage Products:
  • Foaming Paint Prep with foam cannon to remove all wax/sealants
  • clay treatment
  • Random orbital BOSS paint correcting cream to eliminate any fine swirls/scratches
  • Ceramic Spray, allow to cure for 24 hours then a second coat and another 24 hour cure in the garage

·
Premium Member
2020 Black Edition
80 Posts
Very slight rub at full lock to the right. If I get time I’ll take some photos
When I did my flares I found those plastic inner liners are pretty flimsy. I'd pull the wheel. The rub spot should be obvious (shiny). If you want to see behind it just pull the few screws and push pins around the fender well and see if there is clearance (there should be). A good heat gun would soften it up enough to push it back just enough to clear the tire. While hot you might use a small pan or bowl or something the right size to make the depression uniform. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport
46 Posts
Did my B16 service, LOF, Rotate, Rear Diff Fluid. Easy peasy and WAY cheaper than dealer. Then spent several days on jack stands doing my brake calipers with POR15 red kit. Also tried to hit all the parts under truck with POR15 black that were starting to surface rust, like the steering knuckle. Only took 10 months to finally getting around to doing it, and not perfect as I didn't disassemble them to do it. In good news I had to take my 04 Rubicon to work since she was on jacks, and averaged 18.8MPG over 200.5 miles on the round trip, only ~33% worse than the RL. :geek:

Man I wish I had a 2 post lift in the garage. :cry:

View attachment 403580

View attachment 403581

View attachment 403582
How long did it take to dry? I have access to a car lift and was hoping to get this done in one day before I install my bora spacers...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Added aftermarket side moldings. You need to supply your paint code when ordering. I'm not sure if they paint them on demand or just stock the various colors. Mine match. I wanted moldings that were higher on the doors than the Honda moldings. These are about 1.5 inches wide. About $147 from Sportwing in Cleveland via ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
480 Posts
Added aftermarket side moldings. You need to supply your paint code when ordering. I'm not sure if they paint them on demand or just stock the various colors. Mine match. I wanted moldings that were higher on the doors than the Honda moldings. These are about 1.5 inches wide. About $147 from Sportwing in Cleveland via ebay.
Did you try having the new and the stock molding together?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you try having the new and the stock molding together?
I did. My first reaction is i might look odd. I still need to test opening some doors next to it with the new moldings to see how well it protects. If there is still a lot of contact at the lower position where the factory moldings attach then I might re-consider. Obviously there are always a variety of doors with different shapes and heights so we can't stop them all.

741 - 756 of 756 Posts