Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** POST your pics of hauling and/or towing ***

Just thought it would be fun to see the various uses of the G2 Ridgeline's versatility in hauling stuff in the bed and/or towing... I've seen a number of pics in various threads but thought it would be good to put all into one thread.

This was mine over the weekend hauling musical instrument/PA gear for a gig on Saturday night, with room in the front and back seats for my wife and 22 yr old son to help "roadie"... I found that it can haul as much gear as my 2005 Chevy Avalanche did with the RL's back seat flip up and in bed trunk.

Guitars, Amp head in roadcase, 3 level toolbox with cables and gear, 18" powered subwoofer, (2x) 12" powered speakers, Effects rack, Mixer, 4x12 speaker cab (backseat area), various mic/speaker stands, etc.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Soon. soon enough.

Great thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to pick up a jet ski dock in Oklahoma this past weekend. Rented a 6x12 uhaul utility trailer. Empty weight was 1,825 lbs and the jet ski dock weighed about 400 lbs. My 2wd RL towed this with no problem at all. I pressed the D4 button and set the cruise at 70 mph and it was like it wasn't event there. 154 miles round trip and she averaged 16.8 mpg.

@ToneGuy007 I will be using my RL to haul a bunch of PA too! I have a DJ and Photo Booth business here in Dallas and stay pretty busy. I love the RL because I keep a pair of QSC K8's, Denon MC6000 controller w/ flight case, and laptop bag in the trunk! How awesome is that?!?

I think I will miss the room of my big 2011 F150 about twice a year but I figured worst case scenario I can rent an enclosed uhaul trailer for $20 and be better off than the F150 anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Custom built 21ft fishing boat. Boat trailer combo weighs 3100lb. My G2 drags this rig around great! MPG though the hills running 62mph average tends to be 12.4.
Recently we towed it with my friends ecoboost f150 and I was blown away by the difference. The ride quality, handling, and MPG of the f150 was affected SIGNIFICANTLY more that with the G2. The f150 squared at least 6-7" which made the ride bouncy. The mpg was 7-8

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is great to see! I'm going to be using mine for the same purpose (PA gear and digital pianos). I was very happy to discover my QSC Ksub will fit easily in the cab behind the drivers seat. I brought the gear with me to the dealer to make sure it would all fit... Are you planning on getting a cap to keep gear safe in inclement weather?

Now I'm just waiting for my RTL-T to be delivered! Expecting it mid-October...

·
Registered
460 Posts
We had some dead/dying trees taken down on our property - the loggers took the bulk of it but I took the smaller stuff to friends for campfires and the brush is going to be chipped for mulch. Note that I wasn't filling to capacity, just what I got finished at the time. My big helper loves 'daddy's truck'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I should have taken a pic to share...27 STUFFED bankers boxes full of paper to a shredding company and the RL didn't even act like it noticed the load....I was impressed, to say the least.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have taken a pic to share...27 STUFFED bankers boxes full of paper to a shredding company and the RL didn't even act like it noticed the load....I was impressed, to say the least.
You got me beat!.. I only took 2 boxes to a shred company this weekend... Obviously the Ridgeline handled it well!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ToneGuy007 I will be using my RL to haul a bunch of PA too! I have a DJ and Photo Booth business here in Dallas and stay pretty busy. I love the RL because I keep a pair of QSC K8's, Denon MC6000 controller w/ flight case, and laptop bag in the trunk! How awesome is that?!?

I think I will miss the room of my big 2011 F150 about twice a year but I figured worst case scenario I can rent an enclosed uhaul trailer for $20 and be better off than the F150 anyways.
I used to haul around unpowered speakers and a 7,000 watt rack of power amps, etc. Getting to old for that s#!t... Now it's a QSC Touchmix16 mixer and all powered speakers... So much easier!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is great to see! I'm going to be using mine for the same purpose (PA gear and digital pianos). I was very happy to discover my QSC Ksub will fit easily in the cab behind the drivers seat. I brought the gear with me to the dealer to make sure it would all fit... Are you planning on getting a cap to keep gear safe in inclement weather?

Now I'm just waiting for my RTL-T to be delivered! Expecting it mid-October...
You'll love the RTL-T!.. I was originally wanting a LEER cap when looking at the Colorado but I'm liking the OEM Tonneau Tri-fold as I can easily pull it back to use for hauling larger items. Doesn't rain much here in SoCal and I can always tarp it when necessary.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Deleted- wrong thread

·
Registered
928 Posts
Custom built 21ft fishing boat. Boat trailer combo weighs 3100lb. My G2 drags this rig around great! MPG though the hills running 62mph average tends to be 12.4.
Recently we towed it with my friends ecoboost f150 and I was blown away by the difference. The ride quality, handling, and MPG of the f150 was affected SIGNIFICANTLY more that with the G2. The f150 squared at least 6-7" which made the ride bouncy. The mpg was 7-8
Mr Q Tech, are those the Black Rhino wheels?

You really should post up your wheels in the many wheel threads that are in here. I am very interested in multiple models of their wheels.

Awesome Picture and hauling load!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Towed the S2000 up to Watkins Glen, 300 miles, at a few points at 90 mph. This truck is an absolute beast. We went to dinner towing the car and four big guys in the car, they said they cant believe how fast the truck is and how it rides with a trailer. One guy is now seriously considering a new RL.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Towed the S2000 up to Watkins Glen, 300 miles, at a few points at 90 mph. This truck is an absolute beast. We went to dinner towing the car truck and four big guys in the car, they said they cant believe how fast the truck is and how it rides with a trailer. One guy is now seriously considering a new RL.

fixed it for ya...seems they do not have <Strike> on this forum software. I tried.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Towed the S2000 up to Watkins Glen, 300 miles, at a few points at 90 mph. This truck is an absolute beast. We went to dinner towing the car and four big guys in the car, they said they cant believe how fast the truck is and how it rides with a trailer. One guy is now seriously considering a new RL.

Oh my god that S2000. Very jealous right now.

1 - 20 of 685 Posts