Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
Brought some stuff back from the weekend place. Under the towel is a window A/C unit. All this would normally take us three weekends to bring home piece by piece in our SUV. Sure was nice to get all back at once.
Automotive tire Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
That's a familiar scene, and the circumstances are similar - ours being a cabin about an hour away. And my trunk typically carries tools, lawn gear, etc., that's not yet duplicated down there. The RL is super handy for handling two properties, including traveling comfortably between.
You summed it up nicely! We have a roughly two hour ride one way which is mostly highway. The RL checked a lot of boxes for comfort and hauling. We’ve had our place for 13+ years and this truck is going to be really helpful. Probably should have gotten one sooner!

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
Sorry, first time pickup truck owner who is slightly enamored with the ability to haul stuff….

Up back at the weekend house I have a few piles of old wood and pallets; like this:

Twig Wood Trunk Grass Road surface

Bagged up and ready to transport back to the flatlands for proper disposal. Also brought back an offset umbrella and a few other items.
Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
I grew up in Southern Vermont and now reside in Colorado. Woodford was one of my main stomping grounds when I lived there. I visited my brother in Schenectady a week ago and we went to Lake George, Mt Greylock, and Mt Equinox while I was there.
Small world! our place is in the Brattleboro area. We ski at Stratton.

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
Hauled our kayaks back from the summer racks by the river. Back to the house for winter storage.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

The RL makes it a lot easier. Here‘s a pic of how we used to haul them in our SUV. That “tailgate open” beep incesantly beeping for the 20 minute ride.

Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
They work really well. There are different sizes available but I chose to go with the larger size just in case. I have used them a few times now and they hold everything firm. So those and bungees work really well together. I carry two of the ratcheting straps and 4 long bungees in the trunk at all times.
Thanks! Thinking of picking up a set. I appreciate your insight.

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
I have a set of four ratcheting straps and they are the best thing I have purchased for the Ridgeline. I ordered the smaller 1" width, but I have had them over four years now and they still work like new. They are priced at $55 and have a clear storage case which keeps them nice and tidy.

Erickson 04418 Pro Series Red 1" x 10' Retractable Ratcheting Tie-Down Strap, (Storage Bag of 4, 1200 lb Load Capacity)
Good to know! Thank you. Definitely good to have a case.

· Registered
2020 Black Edition
118 Posts
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Ski lodge on wheels. The boot bags and gear fit nicely in the back seat area with the seats folded up. Camp chair assists with me booting up in the lot; my wife boots up at the house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts