Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

541 - 560 of 649 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
What a great shot of that little Lab pup. He looks like he is looking for opportunities to get into trouble. Any current photos you can share?
She (Rhea) was keyed up that day. I took her to a kickball game with my youngest daughter and she couldn't stand to be away from all the kids who were really putting the love on her.

Pic request granted.....

Favorite hang she stole from the kids. Used to fit a lot better.

Cheating onto the carpet she's trained to say off of.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
There is something about Labs that really attract me. Probably because I spent the first 12 years of my life with one. My brother has not been without a Lab his whole life with the exceptions of his two combat tours in Vietnam.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hauled a piano across town today. No problems what so ever. Removed Peragon cover, slid piano in, strapped with ratchet straps and put the tailgate up. Love this truck!

Mike
Well done! Hauled a dishwasher today - pales in comparison to the piano, lol.

I really want that Peragon cover; just haven’t decided if I can live with its rails. Do they sometimes get in your way?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well done! Hauled a dishwasher today - pales in comparison to the piano, lol.

I really want that Peragon cover; just haven’t decided if I can live with its rails. Do they sometimes get in your way?
This was my first big unit of furniture, but I've hauled lots of bikes and lumber and other random homeowner items. The rails don't get in the way, they just have a minor reduction in bed width you account for when you plan to haul something. The versatility of the tonneau far outweighs a small reduction in width if you ask me.

Mike

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Welcome!

Really cool pic (literally :)). Guessing the 3000# is the trailer's hauling capacity. Wonder what the trailer itself weighs.

In that light/snow reflection can't quite tell your truck's color - maybe blue? (My RL is blue and I love it.)

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
444 Posts
Welcome!

Really cool pic (literally :)). Guessing the 3000# is the trailer's hauling capacity. Wonder what the trailer itself weighs.

In that light/snow reflection can't quite tell your truck's color - maybe blue? (My RL is blue and I love it.)
Thanks. the picture is on my property, getting ready to leave :)
The trailer is a Featherlite 2 horse slant. I'm not sure the exact model but I think its similar (but older) to the one in this link which lists the trailer weight at 3280, and payload capacity as 3750.

So I'm pretty sure I exceed the recommended limit of 5k lbs by a significant amount, but its good to know it handled it. Hauling 2 horses around is not something I plan to do very often (although my daughter might want to disagree).
The color is forest mist metallic AKA green :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
@SmilinSteve ; Welcome to ROC. Hope you enjoy the resources the community has to offer.
Does the trailer have electric brakes? What type of brake controller are you using?
I'm glad you asked. I didn't use a brake controller for this short trip, because I forgot! My F150 has one but it was out of sight and out of mind. I realized I was missing the brake controller when I started down the big hill on my property to the road, but it handled it fine and it was the only big hill on the trip. I have a Tekonsha Primus on the way from Amazon. I don't plan on hauling on a regular basis, so I'm thinking of velcroing it in place when needed and not drilling holes in my new truck.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Thanks. the picture is on my property, getting ready to leave :)
The trailer is a Featherlite 2 horse slant. I'm not sure the exact model but I think its similar (but older) to the one in this link which lists the trailer weight at 3280, and payload capacity as 3750.

So I'm pretty sure I exceed the recommended limit of 5k lbs by a significant amount, but its good to know it handled it. Hauling 2 horses around is not something I plan to do very often (although my daughter might want to disagree).
The color is forest mist metallic AKA green :)
That's an impressive amount of tonnage to tow!

Don't think I've ever seen the forest mist metallic in real life, but I like a nice green color.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's an impressive amount of tonnage to tow!

Don't think I've ever seen the forest mist metallic in real life, but I like a nice green color.
You are right its hard to see the color in the picture, although I made it bigger in my post. It was a challenging situation for a cell phone camera. A bright sunny Colorado day after a big snow storm and the light is extremely bright. Sunglasses mandatory! capturing a dark color from a distance in such lighting is beyond the ability of my phone, obviously.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
You are right its hard to see the color in the picture, although I made it bigger in my post. It was a challenging situation for a cell phone camera. A bright sunny Colorado day after a big snow storm and the light is extremely bright. Sunglasses mandatory! capturing a dark color from a distance in such lighting is beyond the ability of my phone, obviously.
What a beautiful state. I report to an office just south of Denver (Englewood), but haven't been there for a while.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had 28 bags of horse grain in the bed yesterday (50 lbs each). I didn't get a picture unfortunately. But the truck stayed surprisingly level, not much sag at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My bike coming back from having some timing belts fitted and valves adjusted. I do most maintenance myself but will not do the shimming of desmo valves - too fiddly for an old dude.
1993 Bimota DB2 - an Italian manufacturer who uses other manufacturers engines - mine has a 90s Ducati 2 valve motor in it. Fairing removed fro easier strap down.
They were purchased by Kawasaki recently, so I guess Kawasaki motors from here on out.
169kg / 372lb, so not much of a load.
Why I purchased the Ridgeline - I only ever cart the bikes and have never towed anything heavier than a 4000 lb trailer.
Works very well for me.

541 - 560 of 649 Posts