Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

601 - 620 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
374 Posts
One third of the way there. Everett, WA to Klamath falls, OR so far. 16 to 17 mpg. Trailer loaded to the brim and cabin shoved full of stuff too lol. Weighed everything and trailer weight with cargo is right at 4800 lbs. Ridgeline being put to work!
Trailer weighs 4800 or trailer plus stuff in the bed?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Starting to clean out my house to sell it. My 3 piece mechanic's toolbox, a heavy commercial safe, an FJR1300 motorcycle, and some other smaller items were inside the trailer. Boxes of kitchen stuff were filling the trunk and the back seat. The toolbox was in front of the trailer axle, thus, the heavy tongue weight and settled rear suspension.

View attachment 395486
Is that a 6wx12lx6h trailer? I am looking to replace my 5x8x5.5 with similar. The first one I test pulled i seemed to get a shudder on acceleration. Truck only has 12k miles on it and I bought it new with my test drive mileage only. I'm hoping it was a bad tire(s) on the trailer. I've towed my 5x8 and a 6x12 open (couple hundred pounds of cargo at the most) and had zero issues. This has more frontal area/drag but empty I can't imagine it would cause that issue. Never had any other transmission symptoms previously.

Yes a minivan can. Not vertically like on the open bed, but two washers fit with the middle row seats removed and the rear row in the fully stowed position.

You maybe surprised what the minivans can haul and trust me, I have both the Ridgeline and a minivan and it never ceases to amaze me.

I miss my mini-van every day :cry:

·
Registered
2019 Sport
45 Posts
It all started when I suggested we could build a garden planter out of the cedar panels from the rotting fence we were taking down. The chief engineer ran with the idea and we ended up with 3 large boxes which the CE thought needed good top soil. I'll get some delivered I advised. 'What's wrong with that expensive new truck you had to have?' was the reply. "I'm not putting dirt in the Ridgey!" I responded.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
It all started when I suggested we could build a garden planter out of the cedar panels from the rotting fence we were taking down. The chief engineer ran with the idea and we ended up with 3 large boxes which the CE thought needed good top soil. I'll get some delivered I advised. 'What's wrong with that expensive new truck you had to have?' was the reply. "I'm not putting dirt in the Ridgey!" I responded.
Ha! I didn't load up quite as much as you did (maybe a cubic yard). Very fortunate that our city recycling center has a mountain of compost that they're giving away for free!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
PickleBall net, Golf clubs, two lawn chairs. It's going to be a great day!

·
Registered
983 Posts
It all started when I suggested we could build a garden planter out of the cedar panels from the rotting fence we were taking down. The chief engineer ran with the idea and we ended up with 3 large boxes which the CE thought needed good top soil. I'll get some delivered I advised. 'What's wrong with that expensive new truck you had to have?' was the reply. "I'm not putting dirt in the Ridgey!" I responded. View attachment 401905
Haven’t loaded my 2019 with dirt yet, but no doubt will. Did a lot of that with the 2007.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
374 Posts
I have to go pick up some 12 foot boards so I remembered this post by Pleease and figured I'd go back and look that the configuration. Looks simple enough. I'd probably be temped to over complicate it with tailgaate down, blankets on the roof, boards sticking through the rear window, etc :LOL:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tow my race car about 5,000 miles a year. Car and trailer weigh about 3,200 pounds. Tows all day long at 75. Wish the mileage were better but it’s comfortable and handles beautifully.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In the past few months.... Put a new Honda in the garage and got a new LP grill. I'm upping my outdoor gear game this season. Didn't take pics of the mulch hauls a few weekends back. 3 or 4 X 1.5 yard hauls each year.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
229 Posts
Yer gonna like that grill!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Home Depot run and 24 bags of landscaping rocks. Best guestimate is about 1100 pounds. Handled it well and I could actually tell there was some weight back there. While at Home Depot, a guy came by while I was prepping to load and noticed the tailgate in the swing position and said that is nice! Watched him load some boards in the back of his Lincoln pickup truck. I told him it was nice to be able to load and unload with the tailgate that way! Got a similar response from the Home Depot people as they didn’t know the tailgate would do that. All in all, got some compliments on the truck and not a response of it not being a real truck!

Attachments

601 - 620 of 628 Posts