Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
721 - 740 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Man does that look like fun! My mind immediately goes to "where can I get me one of them thangs??"

I haven't ridden a real go-kart (amusement park doesn't really count) since I was a kid. I had a couple of mini-bikes and small motorcycles, and my cousin had a go-kart. He had a tiny track in his backyard. We would switch to the other's ride from time to time. The last time I drove his kart I took a turn too fast and hit a chain link fence. The front wheels actually went under the fence. No damage to me or the kart either, but after that I had little desire to pilot his vehicle.

·
Registered
229 Posts
After a couple years of stuff piling up, finally had a garage sale and took the leftovers to Salvation Army. Shocking how many clothes you go through with growing kids.

·
Registered
Obsidian Blue Pearl 2021 RTL-E
36 Posts
A cargo net is so helpful.

Nice obsidian blue, not that I'm biased :).
Thanks. I really do like the color.

The Honda bed net and a few bungees came in very handy. The load didn't move at all on the 300 mile ride home.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm sure your neighbors are thrilled with your new purchase.
We won't be running it through the neighborhood, it sits so low to the ground it really can only go to the track. But I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to run through the streets :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
We won't be running it through the neighborhood, it sits so low to the ground it really can only go to the track. But I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to run through the streets :)
Guess there needs to be a kart grand prix race somewhere....

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 FBRS. View attachment 396821
Hi new to the site and recently bought a 2011 RL so far I love it! replaced all major fluids ,belt ,hoses, f&r sway bar links and f&r struts new goodyear tires and brakes ,plugs, and filters I see your picture with your Gen 2 RL towing the same exact Trailer my wife and I are about to purchase can you give me any do's or dont's? it's just us two and ocassionally a small dog,no fresh water on trip except for about 5 gal. in black tank for travel minimal camping gear going with blue ox swaypro WDH and a wireless curt brake controller system basically 6-8 times we plan on camping per yr. live in ohio and may stray from time to time out of state within 500 miles any info gladly appreciated!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Small one this weekend. Off to metal scrap recycling bin at work.
1621859242028.png

Mrs. Vlad is happy that the cards-in-the-spokes sound in her Highlander has disappeared.:cool:

Reactions: NVRedRidge

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hauled a load of ceramic tile and thinset with the mighty Ridgeline. Probably at the upper end of its capacity. I never did the math to figure out the total load. I had started unloading before I thought to snap this picture.

·
Administrator
19,520 Posts
Grossly overloaded, I'd guess. Home Depot says a 15-count box of 12" porcelain tile weighs 50 lbs. I see 18 boxes of tile and suspect there may be 31 or more. Add in the 100 lbs. of thinset and you're already a couple hundred pounds overweight not including whatever is in the boxes below the tile.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Grossly overloaded, I'd guess. Home Depot says a 15-count box of 12" porcelain tile weighs 50 lbs. I see 18 boxes of tile and suspect there may be 31 or more. Add in the 100 lbs. of thinset and you're already a couple hundred pounds overweight not including whatever is in the boxes below the tile.
Below the tile is more tile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
This discussion got me to thinking about my recent haul of concrete stepping stones. My load looked similar to the tile load pictured above, minus the top half above the shrink wrap. I needed 72 pieces and guesstimated about 10 lbs each for a total of 720 lbs. Less than 1000 lbs - should be well within limits. And my 2020 NART handled it with ease. Power and suspension seemed to have been well designed for hauling in addition to everyday comfort.
Now, after reading the tile overload discussion, I looked up the total RL payload, 1452 lbs. And then weighed one of my stepping stones, 23 lbs (yea, my guesstimate was off by over 100%). New load calculation for 72 stones = 1656 lbs, a little over the payload rating. But, "handled it with ease" was still my verdict. To be clear, this was a short haul, no steep hills, no rough roads.
PXL_20210504_134424175.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got the tandem kayak out today, couldn’t even tell it was up there. Many more trips this summer….between the new go kart and kayak, we’re going to be really busy

721 - 740 of 767 Posts