Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
801 - 820 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
‘18 RTL: Husky floormats, Lamin-X film, LOMAX Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock w/Manual Handle
22 Posts
New tub for the kids’ bathroom renovation. Had to unhinge my LoMax cover to give it the inch of extra space needed slide it under. Dropped the tailgate and strapped her in securely for the brief drive from Home Despot.
Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: Lucky Jack

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,230 Posts
New tub for the kids’ bathroom renovation. Had to unhinge my LoMax cover to give it the inch of extra space needed slide it under. Dropped the tailgate and strapped her in securely for the brief drive from Home Despot. View attachment 419118
@Mjrchaos, I suspect you'll be reporting to General Disarray soon... 😁

·
Registered
169 Posts

A little oak for the fire pit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
810 Posts
Found out that you can haul 100+ boxes of crack, I mean Girl Scout cookies. Never thought I could possibly test the payload (didn't actually) with food. I had no idea that it was going to be this many boxes or I would have left the tonneau at home. Thankfully, didn't have to take them too far and never over 40mph.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Trunk

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can you tell me where you purchased the hitch extender thingy (yup, it's an official description LOL) for the kayak? I have a two person kayak (photos posted in previous post), and I am damn sure this would be far easier to haul with than the rooftop. Although I love the look of the Ridge with the kayak on top, it's just not easy for my wife (5'6") and my self to load.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Sport
126 Posts
That is an old bed extender I got from Harbor Freight (Horror Fright :devilish:). There are also a bunch on Amazon as well. Going rate seems to be about 60-70 bucks. It sticks out about 3 feet from the hitch and the bar adjusts to several different heights to accommodate different trucks.

·
Registered
2022 RTL E
35 Posts
* POST your pics of hauling and/or towing *

Just thought it would be fun to see the various uses of the G2 Ridgeline's versatility in hauling stuff in the bed and/or towing... I've seen a number of pics in various threads but thought it would be good to put all into one thread.

This was mine over the weekend hauling musical instrument/PA gear for a gig on Saturday night, with room in the front and back seats for my wife and 22 yr old son to help "roadie"... I found that it can haul as much gear as my 2005 Chevy Avalanche did with the RL's back seat flip up and in bed trunk.

Guitars, Amp head in roadcase, 3 level toolbox with cables and gear, 18" powered subwoofer, (2x) 12" powered speakers, Effects rack, Mixer, 4x12 speaker cab (backseat area), various mic/speaker stands, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No issues at all. I always felt in full control of the trailer. Crossing Raton Pass was a bit of a struggle to keep the rpms moderate, but no other issues. On moderately rolling hills it would naturally downshift but I never thought it was struggling.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
No issues at all. I always felt in full control of the trailer. Crossing Raton Pass was a bit of a struggle to keep the rpms moderate, but no other issues. On moderately rolling hills it would naturally downshift but I never thought it was struggling.
Thanks. Meant to also ask if you know how much the boat/trailer weighs.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Grey Wood

It was finally time these were changed and taken to metal scrap. Two days in the bed sure has them looking a lot uglier than where they usually ride on the truck.
Made way for these:
Automotive tire Tire Tread Alloy wheel Vehicle brake

Reactions: Lucky Jack

·
Registered
475 Posts
What length of lumber can that extender handle and any idea of weight capacity? Need some of 16' cedar siding, woodpeckers are getting hungry up here
I've hauled up to 20' with mine in the upright position and across the roof rack. Limiting factor will be the roof rack.
The better of the load extenders take up to about 700 lbs.
Roof racks are usually limited to around 150 lbs.

801 - 820 of 856 Posts