Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
821 - 840 of 856 Posts

·
Registered
‘21 RTL-E
15 Posts
What length of lumber can that extender handle and any idea of weight capacity? Need some of 16' cedar siding, woodpeckers are getting hungry up here
It's the Erickson Big Bed Junior and has a rated capacity of 350 lbs. I hauled some pressure treated 4x4's and 4x6's in 12 and 16 foot lengths and had no issues. It doesn't fit snugly into the hitch receiver so it wobbles a little but didn't seem to cause problems. I've also used it vertically to haul things with the roof rails & cross bars and that also worked well, aside from the wobble.

Here is a link to the exact product I purchased from one of the big box stores for about $70. Price has gone up significantly since then:

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
6 Posts
Interesting thread. Hmm, last thing I hauled was a ton of firewood for the recent "cold" snap we had in Central FL a few weeks ago, but didn't take a photo. Looks like the last haul I took a photo of was getting my Gravely zero turn back after loaning it out a few months back ... and picking up a couple hundred pavers since I already had the trailer rented.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Banned
2022 Sport "Strippie" Grand Piano Black
98 Posts
Hauled an 18.5 foot, 22-pound, carbon fiber C1 racing canoe to the river today. It even fits in my garage on top the truck, which is a bonus (8-foot high garage).

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man I did not know this thread existed or I would have taken a picture. I have had my RL just about two weeks. I know not very exciting, but my first load was a 7,500 start-up watt 6,000 running watt portable generator taken down to my brother. No where near testing the limits of the truck but fun to haul something all the same. Next load/tow will have pics.

·
Banned
2022 Sport "Strippie" Grand Piano Black
98 Posts
No where near testing the limits of the truck but fun to haul something all the same.
Generators are a good idea in this scary time we're living in. I'm not exactly hauling the limits of the truck either with a 22-pd racing canoe, haha, but it's the span that I needed. Tough to put a wide enough rack system on an SUV- roofs aren't long enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our son bought his first house so we rented a Uhaul trailer, filled up the RL and drove from Kansas to suburban Chicago. Woke up on the morning we were leaving to slushy snow and 35 mph winds that were either head on or across for nearly the entire trip. It was only the 5X8 single axle trailer so weight wasnt an issue but the wind was brutal. Made it in about 11 1/2 hours and was worn out by the time we arrived. Averaged around 15mpg on the trip up there, 24 on the way back without the trailer. Truck is a 19 RTL AWD with 45K miles now, have had no issues other than the recalls for the fuel pump and hood latch. Very impressed with the stability towing the trailer in such miserable conditions.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Automotive side-view mirror Mirror Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
649 Posts
60 degrees, Great day in KS for the first bike ride of the year.
View attachment 421966
Nice bikes.

Just a comment—we have 2 trek E-bikes and need to have the gate up for pulling a camper. I installed a Rocky Mount fork hitch at the front of the bed, which works for us. It only takes a few minutes to put the wheels on/off. But, if you’re not going a long distance or pulling something, it is obviously easier to keep the wheels on.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

821 - 840 of 856 Posts