Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
841 - 860 of 866 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
30 bags of mulch. I'd also show how little they covered of my wife's HUGH flower garden all around our property but that makes me sad how much more I'll need!! :(
View attachment 425377
Another color change by the Radiant Red. Nice load.

Reactions: WB77

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Today I learned that there's a way to get 10 bales of two tie in the bed without going over the level of the cab! The hay suppliers owner was loading instead of his grandkids and he showed me an alternative hay stack configuration! I need to run with my tailgate down either way, so hauling an extra two bales was total win! Especially since these 85lb bales only last 3 days and it's a 50+ mile round trip if I can't time storage space, with a non-rainy day, and regular my commute.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Motor vehicle

@compprep Have you considered bulk mulch instead of bagged if you have a lot of space to cover? Or maybe even a "Chip drop" for free arborist chips? Granted, with a chip drop, you get what you get, and it is "pretty" in it's own way. I go through about 40-60 yards of arborist chips per year, so totally get how "so much" really doesn't go very far...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nice looking setup. I also use an Andersen WDH. Given your route, I presume you didn't encounter many significant hills. Which tranny do you have? If the 6-speed, did you use D or D4?
i have the 9 speed and tow in S, and yes i did hit some steep inclines, granted not the steepest i've ever driven, but the truck handled them fine. Revs stayed high while climbing of course. I estimate the trailer weight to be < 4500lbs loaded. I typically tow with the flow of traffic in the middle lanes. I'm sure a 1/2 ton would make for a better tow vehicle, but for the every so often I tow, i'm comfortable with using the RL.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,262 Posts
Reactions: WB77 and compprep

·
Registered
489 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design

Seems I'm moving/recycling as many Ridgeline bits as other project stuff in the past year.

Reactions: WB77
841 - 860 of 866 Posts