Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
941 - 944 of 944 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,714 Posts
It's amazing how far the prices have fallen on TV's 55" or larger. We are still waiting for our 58" Samsung plasma (12 years old) to bite the dust, so we can "upgrade." My wife is smitten by the "red" glass outline on the frame.
Our 59" Samsung plasma lasted 16 years, and then just started cycling on/off every minute or two. Picture was still great. When I turned it in to Best Buy, I told them the same, and if they had an electronics geek on staff, he might want to swap out a capacitor or PSU or something simple to fix it. I would've done the same 20 years ago, but I just don't have the time to fiddle with stuff anymore. I haven't seemed to have any extra time since I got married 18 years ago. :ROFLMAO: These 4k tvs are nice, picture looks 3D!

I did talk to Samsung support to see if there was anything they could do with to fixing the TV or getting me a good deal on a new one. No dice. I believe their support center, like many other electronics, is just a call center in India that runs down a generic list for simple stuff (unplug TV, etc.). This particular TV had nothing in the menu for factory reset, etc.

I presume your wife is looking at the "Art" series, or whatever it is called? After my bout with Samsung support, I was a little soured and went with the HiSense mostly on principle (and didn't mind saving $700).

Ridgeline content: if I had these TVs shipped to my house, I wouldn't have gotten them until November 30th. With the truck, I was able to go pick them up same day... I don't think the 65" TV would fit in a typical SUV, and a BoF truck would make for a rough and jiggly (nerve-wracking) ride home.

Now the wife can watch her Macy's Parade on the big screen and I can watch the Cowboys tomorrow!

·
Registered
We have 3 RTL-E's, a '22, '20 and '17
109 Posts
Only turned on my huge flat screen TV maybe 3 times since moving in this house 49 months ago, iPad and laptop serve me well and since I'm nearsighted, I don't have wear glasses inside the house anymore (y)

941 - 944 of 944 Posts